Is This a Zombie? / Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

[size=16]Is This a Zombie? / Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?[/size]

[size=16]Watch at Funimation[/size]
[size=16]Watch at Crunchyroll[/size]

Official JP Website
ANN Info Page

[quote]Genres: comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: Fanservice, harem, magical girl, necromancer, vampire, zombies
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2011-01-10
Objectionable content: Significant

Plot Summary: Aikawa Ayumu is a normal high school boy. One day he is killed by a serial killer and revived as a zombie by a necromancer named Eucliwood Hellscythe. He starts to serve Eu as her guard but he happens to deprive the mahou shoujo Haruna of her magic power. Haruna orders Ayumu to fight against the anti-mahou shoujo system “Megalo” in her place.[/quote]

[size=16]Is This a Zombie? of the Dead / Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead[/size]

ANN Spotlight: Is This a Zombie? of the Dead
ANN Info Page

[quote]Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: fanservice, harem, necromancer, zombies
Number of episodes: 10
Vintage: 2012-04-04
Objectionable content: Significant

Plot Summary: Ayumu Aikawa must continue to fight the Megalo in place of Haruna, who continues to recharge her magical powers. While trying to figure out the mysteries behind the people who are releasing these Megalo in the world, Ayumu meets a beautiful, black-haired girl by chance, and she only has eyes… For his butt. [/quote]

Is This a Zombie? (OAV) Vintage: 2011-06-10

###Second Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Promo Streamed
posted on 2010-12-28 12:53 EST

This actually looks kinda cool.
Kind of like a cross between Shakugan no Shana and Princess Resurrection and some random harem anime.

Now I wonder which one of the many series comin up will be TAN’s new simulcast?
Hmmmm…could this one be it?

I hope not :dry: There’s really nothing from the upcoming season I want to see though. I guess I really don’t care :wink:

Yeah, there isn’t a whole lot I’m looking forward to either. So whatever they pick, I’m sure it will work.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
Yeah, there isn’t a whole lot I’m looking forward to either. So whatever they pick, I’m sure it will work.[/quote]

The only thing I’m really looking forward to is Maho Shojo Madoka Magica.

I might check this one out, depending on if it gets a simulcast or not, though it’s not a real high priority for me.

Other than that, there’s really nothing else I would even bother with.

And…

It looks like CR snagged this for one of todays announcements.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kore-wa-zombie-desu-ka

Though the link isn’t working yet.

This also starts today on CR.

Finished up ep. 01

Off to a pretty good start, I must say.

Though, it’s nothing like the trailers make it seem (at least from the first ep. impression).
It seems to be more of a parody series, focused around parodying the maho shojo genre.

Still pretty damn fun and funny thus far though.

The first episode was very funny and I can’t wait to see more.

spoiler

Poor Ayumu! I have a feeling that life – or death – isn’t going to be getting any better for him. :lol:

This (along with Level E and I.S.) has turned out to be one of my favorite shows of this season. The amount of cliches and tropes that it turns on their head in an almost parody-like fashion is great.

Episode 7 –

[details=spoiler]Haruna is an awful tutor! But it looks like Ayumu might have passed his test anyway. I like how he finds imaginative ways to stick to the shade on those hot summer days. The jellyfish were hysterical. I guess they had to fit the groping tentacles in somehow. :lol:

Ayumu’s accidental first kiss with Maelstrom has him married to her! I loved Haruna’s version of Tanabata, mixing it with a killer Claus and their costumes were too funny. And I wonder what Dai is going to do with x-ray glasses!?[/details]

Finished up ep. 08

Haruna is just so damn funny!

[details=spoiler]First she gets all pissed off because she was romantically dreaming about Ayumu, then she get’s all piss off that he was in her dream, and she beats the crap out of him for it.

Then she realizes she is actually jealous of Yuki and tries to get him to kiss her.[/details]

Episode 8 –

[details=spoiler]I see Ayumu was making good use of those x-ray glasses! I like how Haruna blamed Ayumu for showing up in her dream. That was funny that she beat him up for it. Yuki tried to be a good wife and made Ayumu lunch, but then she had to go and ruin it with all the sauces. It looked pretty awful afterwards.

I wonder what Sera’s message said and why she looked at Yuu. I think they all enjoyed the day out and Haruna is so jealous of Yuki and again, she has to beat up Ayumu for it. Then a guy shows up and Yuu disappears! Now what?[/details]

[size=20]Anime/Manga Releases Delayed, Cancelled After Quake[/size]
posted on 2011-03-15 12:14 EDT

This week’s airing of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? episode 10 (on Teletama) was put on hold. The rescheduled future airing of the episode will be announced on the anime’s website.

Finished up ep. 09

Man, for the type of parody anime this is, I’m rather amazed at how well it does the drama aspects.

Episode 9 –

spoiler

This was a very touching and sad episode. I had a feeling that Yuu was saying goodbye when she told them to go home ahead of her. Ayumu takes it really badly and blames himself. It was very emotional.

Looks like ep. 10 will be availible today in about an hour.

Finished up ep. 10

[details=spoiler]A bomb that sits on your head and moves from one person to the next.
Not to mention, it looked rather silly.

Yuu not grabbing Ayumu’s hand and just going off with that other zombie was rather sad, as well as Ayumu blowing himself up with the bomb.[/details]

Episode 10 –

[details=spoiler]Another emotional episode. Sera plays the violin! And it turns out that the King of the Night really would like to die. And poor Ayumu gets his legs glued on backwards which was some nice comic relief! He’s been searching for Yuu for so long and so have the others. Couldn’t anyone find a way to the Underworld? It seems like they were just looking around the neighborhood for her.

Yuu came back! But King of the Night got to her first. I thought he killed Sera too, but Yuu seems to have saved her. And it was so sad that Ayumu was so close to Yuu and lost her again. The scene with the hands was very touching. The bomb was extremely silly, but the fact that Ayumu took it and saved the others was very noble. And his last thoughts were of Yuu. I just had to cry.[/details]