Urusei Yatsura

Urusei Yatsura

Genres: action, comedy, romance, science fiction
Themes: aliens, school, slapstick
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Urusei Yatsura is the story of the unluckiest and most lecherous young man alive, Ataru Moroboshi. When aliens decide to invade Earth, Ataru is randomly selected to defend his planet by playing a game of the aliens national sport, tag. Should he win, the world shall be saved. However, Ataru is motivated for far less noble reasons, as the one he plays against is revealed to be the curvaceous alien princess, Lum. The game goes for 10 days, and on the last day, Ataru, motivated by his girlfriend assuring him marriage (and consequently, a marriage night one can assume) should he win, finally catches Lum. However, with his victory he gives a cry of joy for his coming marriage, which is misinterpreted by Lum to be a marriage proposal. She promptly agrees, beginning the two’s “marriage” together.
Number of episodes: 195
Vintage: 1981-10-14 to 1986-03-19

ANN Info Page

Urusei Yatsura (TV 2022)

Plot Summary: Urusei Yatsura is the story of the unluckiest and most lecherous young man alive, Ataru Moroboshi. When aliens decide to invade Earth, Ataru is randomly selected to defend his planet by playing a game of the aliens’ national sport, tag. Should he win, the world shall be saved. However, Ataru is motivated for far less noble reasons, as the one he plays against is revealed to be the curvaceous alien princess, Lum. The game goes for 10 days, and on the last day, Ataru, motivated by his girlfriend assuring him marriage (and consequently, a marriage night one can assume) should he win, finally catches Lum. However, with his victory he gives a cry of joy for his coming marriage, which is misinterpreted by Lum to be a marriage proposal. She promptly agrees, beginning the two’s “marriage” together.
Vintage: 2022-10-13

ANN Info Page

Urusei Yatsura (TV 2024)

Vintage: 2024-01-11

ANN Info Page

Urusei Yatsura Special: It’s Spring! Take Off! - Vintage: 1982-04-02
Urusei Yatsura: Only You (movie 1) - Vintage: 1983
Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer (movie 2) - Vintage: 1984-02-11
Urusei Yatsura: Remember My Love (movie 3) - Vintage: 1985-01-26
Urusei Yatsura OVA Series - Vintage: 1985-09-24
Urusei Yatsura: Lum The Forever (movie 4) - Vintage: 1986-02-22
Urusei Yatsura: The Final Chapter (movie 5) - Vintage: 1988-02-06
Urusei Yatsura: Always My Darling (movie 6) - Vintage: 1991-08-18

1 Like

Discotek Licenses Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer Film

posted on 2016-08-13 13:48 EDT

Discotek licenses Urusei Yatsura films & More

posted on 2020-05-03 13:35 EDT by Jennifer Sherman
Demon City Shinuku with Sub/Dub on BD;

Three Classic Urusei Yatsura Movies Join the Crunchyroll Catalog Today

March 03, 2021 2:33pm CST
Only You, Beautiful Dreamer, and Remember My Love launch today at 3:00pm PT

3 Likes

Wish they could figure out a deal to stream the TV series to .

2 Likes

Urusei Yatsura Movies 4-6 Join the Crunchyroll Catalog Today

March 04, 2021 2:10pm CST
Second half of the classic features launch at 3:00pm Pacific Time

2 Likes

Thirty Years Later: Urusei Yatsura Movie 4: Lum The Forever

Posted by Luis Cruz - January 2, 2017 at 06:00 PM

The “other” anime that inspired Inception | Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer

Urusei Yatsura 2 - Ending Theme [HD] | ‘Ai wa Boomerang’

1 Like

Urusei Yatsura Invades Our Hearts with 38 Years of Sci Fi Hijinks

October 14, 2019 3:00pm CDT
Looking back at the break-out manga and TV anime that launched Rumiko Takahashi’s career

1 Like

Lum is a ride or die chick… Because you’re likely to die riding with her | Urusei Yatsura (1984)

1 Like

Lum can’t protect her horns with her hands full | Urusei Yatsura (1984)

1 Like

Rumiko Takahashi’s Urusei Yatsura Manga Gets New TV Anime in 2022

posted on 2021-12-31 19:36 EST by Egan Loo
Promotional video to debut at 11 p.m. EST

New Urusei Yatsura Anime’s Teaser Unveils Cast, david production’s Staff, 1-Year Length

posted on 2021-12-31 23:12 EST by Egan Loo
Hiroshi Kamiya, Sumire Uesaka star in anime helmed by JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind directors

5 Likes

Dekomori and Nagatoro are gonna be Lum???

This is awesome!!!

3 Likes

Please Sentai get this…… :heart:

3 Likes

Honestly, this reboot is totally unnecessary (Believe David Production is doing it) but seeing a modern version of Urusei Yatsura, and doing a comparison with the old series could be worth it. Same thing could be said if they ever do a modern take on Kimagure Orange Road (and it’d be interesting to see who they would cast as Madoka)

4 Likes

I am curious if it’s going to be a one season or multiple season story. Keep the same storylines ,but add more modern touches to it or change the format up and make it a more straightforward story. I think the latter though would take way to much away from what makes UY work though.

To be honest I’m more hoping for some new figures and a Nendoroid reissue. Maybe some of the others can receive some more merchandise to. I like Lum ,but they rarely did to much for the others.

Kimagure Orange Road I could not see it working as a lot of the charm of the series to me is the time it’s set, art style, and the animation. The whole atmosphere it creates which adds to the great characters and story.

3 Likes

The anime will adapt selected stories from the manga and run for four cours or a full year, although not necessarily consecutively. The “first season” will premiere in 2022.

1 Like

In case you need to hear how Hiroshi Kamiya, and Sumire Uesaka sound like as Ataru & Lum:

3 Likes

I like it! :heart:

1 Like

Urusei Yatsura back in 1984…

2 Likes

New Urusei Yatsura Anime Casts Maaya Uchida, Mamoru Miyano

posted on 2022-04-07 05:46 EDT by Egan Loo
Voices of Shinobu Miyake, Shūtarō Mendō in david production’s anime

3 Likes

New Urusei Yatsura Anime’s 1st Animated Video Unveils More Cast & Staff, October Premiere

posted on 2022-05-19 05:51 EDT by Egan Loo
Wataru Takagi, Miyuki Sawashiro, Gundam: IBO & 2019 Fruits Basket composer Masaru Yokoyama join david production series

4 Likes