Is This a Zombie? / Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-10/kore-wa-zombie-desu-ka-anime-2nd-season-listed-for-april
[size=20]Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Anime’s 2nd Season Listed for April[/size]
posted on 2011-11-10 00:06 EST

Dice Creative’s Repotama entertainment news site posted and then removed an article that reported that Kore wa Zombie desu ka? Jigoku Hen (Is This a Zombie? Hell Arc), the second season of the Kore wa Zombie desu ka? anime, will begin airing in Japan next April. The July issue of Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine announced the title had been green-lit in June. The first zombie comedy anime series based on Shinichi Kimura’s original light novel series aired in Japan from January to March.

Crunchyroll streamed the first season outside Japan as it aired. Funimation also announced that it licensed the first season.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/11/15-1/kore-wa-zombie-desu-ka-second-season-to-air-april-2012
[size=20]“Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?” Season 2 to Air April 2012[/size]
November 15, 2011 9:09am CST
Voice actor for Chris revealed

As was expected when it was said there would be announcements, last night on “×× Book Walker,” details about the second season of Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? were revealed. First and probably most important to most, it was announced the second season of the anime will be airing in April of 2012. It was also announced that as a prelude to this, the first season of the anime will be re-airing on some stations in Japan starting in January.

Lastly, it was announced that the role of the mysterious Chris will be played by Hitomi Nabatame (Cindy in Squid Girl, Margery Daw in Shakugan no Shana). The main staff and cast from season 1 will remain otherwise unchanged.

This is good news. I liked the first season while it was available. I wonder if the first season will become available somewhere when the second season comes out. Since Funi has rights to the first season now, I wonder if they will claim the second.

[quote=redshirt1]
This is good news. I liked the first season while it was available. I wonder if the first season will become available somewhere when the second season comes out. Since Funi has rights to the first season now, I wonder if they will claim the second.[/quote]

I put the link to FUNi’s page in the first post.
And the pic on the page says it’s coming in 2012, so S1 might get put up before the S2 comes out.
Though with as slowly as FUNi has been working on their titles as of late, it might not.

In either case though, I’ll post when it does get put up.

Hard to say whether they’ll claim S2 or not though, since they don’t have any sales numbers for S1 yet.
Unless they feel like being completionist about it, with nothing to go on, which is kind of against character for them.

CrunchyRoll will most likely pick up S2 for simulcast though, so at least we’ll get to see it!

And I can’t wait!
I loved S1.

I just checked the FUNi site, and it looks like they have the first season up on their online player.
I can’t watch them since you need to have a FUNi account and login to do so, but it looks like all eps. are availible for free.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-05/is-this-a-zombie-anime-2nd-season-title-announced-in-video
[size=20]Is This a Zombie? Anime’s 2nd Season Title Announced in Video[/size]
posted on 2012-01-05 21:40 EST
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead to premiere in Japan in April

The Japanese publisher Kadokawa Shoten began streaming a 143-second promotional video that announces the title for the second anime season of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (Is This a Zombie?) on December 27. Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead will begin airing in Japan in April.

The video reveals that voice actress Iori Nomizu, who will reprise her role as Haruna, will perform the the theme song “***Passionate” for the new television anime. The video also features the “Koi no Beginner Nan Desu (T_T)” (I Am a Love Beginner) theme song by Rie Yamaguchi, who is also returning as Taeko Hiramatsu in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead.

The new season’s official website announced the series’ tentative title as Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Jigoku Hen (Is This a Zombie? Hell Arc) last June. The first anime season based on Shinichi Kimura’s original light novel series aired in Japan from January to March of last year. The main staff is returning from the first season, including director Takaomi Kanasaki, series script supervisor Makoto Uezu, and writers Shigeru Morita and Touko Machida.

In the story, a normal high school boy named Ayumu Aikawa gets killed during a spate of mysterious serial killings. However, Ayumu is resurrected as a zombie by a necromancer girl named “Yū” (Eucliwood Hellscythe), who Ayumu had just met before dying. Ayumu then accidentally deprives the magical girl Haruna of her powers, so she demands that Ayumu take her place in fighting her enemy Megalo.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead’s first Blu-ray and DVD release is slated for May 25 in Japan. The retail price of the Blu-ray version will be 7,980 yen (about US$100), and the limited and regular editions of the DVD version will retail at 6,930 yen (US$90) and 5,880 yen (US$76), respectively. The anime’s second volume will ship in Japan on June 29 with similar versions for the same prices.

Crunchyroll streamed the first season outside Japan as it aired. Funimation also announced that it licensed the first season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-21/is-this-a-zombie-of-the-dead-anime-tv-ad-streamed
[size=20]Is This a Zombie? of the Dead Anime’s TV Ad Streamed[/size]
posted on 2012-01-21 14:00 EST
Ad highlights Tomonori & 1st 2 BD/DVD volumes’ extras for 2nd season

Kadokawa’s official website for the anime franchise Is This a Zombie? (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) began streaming a 17-second television commercial for the second season on Wednesday.

The ad highlights the character Tomonori and confirms that the first two Blu-ray Disc/DVD volumes will ship on May 25 and June 29. The first limited-edition volume will include a jacket cover illustrated by original character designers Kobuichi and Muririn, a reversible jacket pin-up illustration by anime character designer Shinobu Tagashira, a booklet with a comic, an audio character commentary written by original author Shinichi Kimura, and a ticket sales form. The form is for advance ticket sales for this fall’s tentatively titled “Is This a Zombie? Meccha ‘Festivo’” event. The limited first pressing of the second volume will bundle a “Tomonori Wife Pillow Cover” illustrated by Kobuichi and Muririn.

A video earlier this month revealed the Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead (Is This a Zombie? of the Dead) title of the second season. The season will premiere in Japan this April. Crunchyroll streamed the first season into several countries as it aired in Japan, and Funimation also announced that it licensed the first season.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-09/is-this-a-zombie-of-the-dead-anime-secret-promo-posted
[size=20]Is This a Zombie? of the Dead Anime’s ‘Secret’ Promo Posted[/size]
posted on 2012-03-09 11:26 EST
TV sequel to premiere on April 4; main cast to appear at September ‘Festivo’ event

Kadokawa’s official website for the anime franchise Is This a Zombie? (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) began streaming a “secret” promotional video for the second season on Wednesday. The 114-second video reveals that the romantic comedy will premiere on April 4 and the series’ main cast will appear at the “Meccha ‘Festivo’” event on September 23.

The first two Blu-ray Disc/DVD volumes will ship on May 25 and June 29. The first limited-edition volume will include a jacket cover illustrated by original character designers Kobuichi and Muririn, a reversible jacket pin-up illustration by anime character designer Shinobu Tagashira, a booklet with a comic, an audio character commentary written by original author Shinichi Kimura, and a ticket sales form. The form is for advance ticket sales for the “Meccha ‘Festivo’” event. The limited first pressing of the second volume will bundle a “Tomonori Wife Pillow Cover” illustrated by Kobuichi and Muririn.

A video earlier this month revealed the Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead (Is This a Zombie? of the Dead) title of the second season. The season will premiere in Japan this April. Crunchyroll streamed the first season into several countries as it aired in Japan, and Funimation also announced that it licensed the first season.

[size=16]ANN Spotlight: Is This a Zombie of the Dead?[/size]
Mar 22, 2012

As I pretty much expected, when it didn’t pop up on CR before the first episode aired.

17:09:30 <bay|AB|FUNi> new simulcast
17:09:36 <bay|AB|FUNi> kore wa zombie desu ka of the dead

From FP…

[quote]
Rojas on tonight’s Funicon announced Is this a Zombie 2 simulcast should begin on Wednesday. [/quote]

[size=16]Watch Is This a Zombie? Of the Dead on FUNi Online[/size]
http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/is-this-a-zombie-of-the-dead-now-available-on-funimationcom/3321671

[size=20]Is This a Zombie? Of the Dead Now Available on FUNimation.com[/size]

[URL=“http://www.funimation.com/is-this-a-zombie”]Is This a Zombie? Of the Dead [/URL]episodes 1 - 3 are now available on FUNimation.com!

Just [URL=“http://www.funimation.com/is-this-a-zombie”]click on this link[/URL] to check out the videos on our site.

You’ll be able to catch new episodes every Wednesday at 11 am CT/ 12 pm ET.

Episodes will be on Hulu.com a week after they air on our site.[/QUOTE]

[size=20]‘Is This A Zombie?’ Anime Dub Cast Revealed[/size]
May 29, 2012 at 02:18 PM

With the recent release news for Is This A Zombie?‘s first season having hit, the EVS level members over at the FUNimation site have learned who is in the dub cast. And as we’ve seen before, the information spreads like wildfire as the casting information gets the fans looking to see if their favorites or hopefuls got the roles that they wanted.

[size=15]Main Cast:[/size]
Austin Tindle as Ayumu Aikawa
Cherami Leigh as Eucliwood Hellscythe
Jad Saxton as Haruna

[size=15]Supporting Cast:[/size]
Anthony Bowling as Orito
Brittney Karbowski as Yuki “Tomonori” Yoshida
Caitlin Glass as Saras
Emerick Jade as Kanami Mihara
Eric Vale as King of the Night
Erica Harte as Taeko Hiramatsu
Lindsay Seidel as Kyoko
Monica Rial as Head Teacher
Morgan Garrett as Seraphim
Mark Stoddard as Kerberos Wansard

Eh.
By the sound of the trailer, I’m not going to like the dub very much.
On top of that, they decided on “Magical Garment Girl” for masou shoujo (from what I hear, that was in the FUNi subs as well).

But Meh! Witness the horror! (for those of us that watched it subbed on CR)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-31/is-this-a-zombie-of-the-dead-tv-anime-to-end-next-week
[size=20]Is This a Zombie? of the Dead TV Anime to End Next Week[/size]
posted on 2012-05-31 12:58 EDT

Japanese publisher Fujimi Shobo’s official Twitter account for the comedy franchise Is This a Zombie? confirmed on Wednesday that next week’s episode of the television anime series Is This a Zombie? of the Dead is also the last episode. The account indicated that after the 10th and final episode airs, the anime’s official website will have a “super, super, super important announcement.”

I’m not even sure I want to buy this after watching the trailer .

I’ll probably get it eventually, since I really enjoyed the first season, but after watching the trailer, there’s just no way I’m going to be watching the dub on the discs.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-04/funimations-delays-2nd-is-this-a-zombie-season-by-2-months
[size=20]Funimation Delays 2nd Is This a Zombie? Season by 2 Months[/size]
posted on 2013-05-04 00:39 EDT

According to The Anime Corner Store, North American distributor Funimation has pushed back the DVD collection of Is This a Zombie? of the Dead, the second season of the comedy anime Is This a Zombie?, from July 16 to September 24.

Is This a Zombie? premiered on Japanese TV in January 2011, and the second season debuted last April. Funimation announced the acquisition of the series in May 2011, and it streamed the second season as it aired in Japan.

The Anime Corner Store also reports that Funimation will offer a new Blu-ray Disc version of the previously released Heaven’s Lost Property Season 2 Complete Collection on June 25 for US$44.98.

Wow! :ohmy:
Everyone’s having problems: Sentai, Funi, Media Blasters, NISA, AoA…
Ahh, the modern world of anime.

Awesome… :laugh:

ya iv seen this anime it was so funny the first ep i could not stop laughing :laugh: