K / Return of Kings / Missing Kings

K (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, drama, magic, mystery, science fiction
Themes: amnesia, bishounen, catgirl, clans, colored kings, fanservice, futuristic school, superpowers, tragedy
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2012-10-04
Plot Summary: Ashinaka High School is known for its unique setting: the entire campus is built on an island. Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men.

K info on ANN

ANN Anime Spotlight: K

by Justin Sevakis, Sep 25th 2012

K: Return of Kings

Genres: action, drama, magic, science fiction
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2015-10-02
Plot Summary: In modern Japan there are seven “Kings” who share power with their fellow clansmen. The Blue King Reishi Munakata, the leader of the Blue Clan “Scepter 4,” held great responsibilities on his back. The tower that Gold King Daikaku Kokujōji supervised called the “Dresden Slate” was still on his mind, and he felt a great burden by killing the previous Red King, Mikoto Suoh. On the other hand, the former Red Clan “HOMRA” clansman Anna Kushina experienced the attacks from the Green Clan “Jungle” and awakened as the next Red King. By doing this, she bound her comrades through a strong bond once again. Finally, White Clan members Neko and Kuroh believe that the White King Yashiro is still alive, and seek his whereabouts. However, it was not just them searching for the White King. With “Jungle” once again jumping back into action, the fates of the various Kings are brought together.

ANN Info Page

K: Missing Kings (movie) Vintage: 2014-07-05
K: Seven Stories (movies) Vintage: 2018-07-07

Starchild Reveals K Anime Project

posted on 2012-03-11 00:15 EST
King Records’ label launches website for anime from Fafner producer Gou Nakanishi

K Anime Project’s 2nd Promo Video Streamed

posted on 2012-05-11 09:24 EDT
Main cast/characters also revealed; angela to perform theme song

Since Sentai has an affinity for picking up Starchild series, I’m thinking they might pick this up this coming Fall season.

I don’t know what the hell this is trying to be.

1. A ecchi anime with a character that acts like an otakus wet dream?

2. A action anime with visuals and music that looks and sounds amazing with characters that mix a taste of Bebop with The World Ends With You?

3. A Baccano anime with an actual interesting setting with better characters with a slice of fan service/otaku wet dream characters that do not overlap the plot?

You pick cause I’m being pulled in yet staying away and poking it. This looks awesome but the cat character is keeping me on guard.

that and the fact that it’s animated by GoHands (Mardock Scramble trilogy) might be in Sentai’s favor, maybe pave the way for some other GoHands shows like Princess Lover! or Seitokai Yakuindomo…,

Seitokai Yakuindomo I might agree with since it’s another Starchild series.
Princess Lover! however is a FrontierWorks series, and to my knowledge, they have yet to license anything distributed by FrontierWorks.
Though it looks like Media Factory is on Production as well, so maybe the hold international licensing, and if that’s the case, there might be a chance.

Wasn’t that Durarara? :wink:

I’m not sure that I’d say that Baccano really had characters, I thought the setting was interesting, and I have absolutely no idea what you mean about characters not overlapping the plot. Please help me out here.

That said, I’m not seeing anything like Baccano in these videos. The (poor) CG city scenes are closer to DRRR, though TBH they, and something about the art, remind me of Persona 4.

The red haired dude reminds me of Renji from Bleach (with Gin’s body), the swordsmens’ uniforms remind me of the uniforms in Full Metal Alchemist, and the stereotypical superpowered shounen fight scenes remind me far more of those shows than of anything else.

The art style doesn’t look too bad IMO. The action looks like every other Shounen though, which doesn’t really do much for me. This also looks like a total sausage fest, which doesn’t really do much for me either. Though it could surprise me and be completely awesome. I wish the videos would tell me more, these videos are as uninformative as most Sentai Filmworks trailers are :frowning:

Say, why aren’t these videos in HD?

Because those are rips of the videos on the JP homepage (linked under the vids).
That being said though, I have yet to ever see Starchild put up HD vids anywhere, including their official YT channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/starchild

At “360p” there’s no reason for me to view it full screen, it’s already being stretched to fill its tiny YouTube embed “box”.

No HD in 2012 is just backwards. Makes me fear for the visual quality of the show a bit.

GoRA, GoHands’ K Anime Previewed in TV Ads

posted on 2012-09-22 19:13 EDT
6 Japanese ads,1 English-narrated ad air before October 4 premiere

GoRA, GoHands’ K Anime Presented in New TV Ad

posted on 2012-09-24 20:45 EDT
30-second ad previews latest from Mardock Scramble’s Shingo Suzuki premiering on October 4

ANN Anime Spotlight: K

Sep 25, 2012

Viz Media Facebook Page

VizMedia

K comes to VIZ Anime this October! The most anticipated series of the season has just been acquired by VIZ Media. Watch it on VIZ Anime every week!

K comes to VIZ Anime this week!

Mon Oct 01, 2012, 09:42AM

Looks like K starts on Thursday!

Viz Media Facebook Page

Google Results List Novelists in K Anime’s GoRA Project

posted on 2012-10-04 17:23 EDT

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-27/k-anime-gets-sequel-green-lit
[SIZE=20]K Anime Gets Sequel Green-Lit[/SIZE]
posted on 2012-12-27 12:30 EST

TV anime from Mardock Scramble designer Shingo Suzuki streamed by Viz

The 13th episode of GoRA Project and GoHands’ K television anime aired in Japan late Thursday night (effectively early Friday morning) and announced that production on a sequel has been green-lit.

The anime premiered in October with Shingo Suzuki (Mardock Scramble) as the director and character designer. The show’s voice cast includes Daisuke Namikawa, Tomokazu Sugita, Komatsu, Kenjiro Tsuda, Daisuke Ono, Mamoru Miyano, Miyuki Sawashiro, Yui Horie, Takahiro Sakurai, Jun Fukuyama, Yūichi Nakamura, Satomi Satou, and Yuuki Kaji. Viz Media is streaming the anime in North America as it airs in Japan.

Viz Acquires Accel World Mini Shorts, Master License for K

posted on 2013-05-18 16:45 EDT
Super-deformed comedy shorts to be dubbed; Viz to host K guest at Anime Expo

Well, I’m glad Viz is going to put a BD release here. Insta-buy! :smiley:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-26/k-anime-movie-adaptation-green-lit
[size=20]K Movie Adaptation Green-lit[/size]
posted on 2013-05-26 09:44 EDT

Movie of GoRA Project and GoHands’ television anime scheduled to premiere in 2014

A movie adaptation of GoRA Project and GoHands’ K television anime has been green-lit. The announcement was made at the “K-Who is the next-” event on Sunday. The movie is scheduled to be premiere in theaters sometime in 2014. Cast and other specifics will be announced sometime in the future.

The anime premiered last October with Shingo Suzuki (Mardock Scramble) as the director and character designer. The show’s voice cast includes Daisuke Namikawa, Tomokazu Sugita, Komatsu, Kenjiro Tsuda, Daisuke Ono, Mamoru Miyano, Miyuki Sawashiro, Yui Horie, Takahiro Sakurai, Jun Fukuyama, Yūichi Nakamura, Satomi Satou, and Yuuki Kaji. Viz Media streamed the anime in North America as it aired in Japan, and announced that it has the master license to the series. A sequel was green-lit in December.

Update: Animate confirms that the movie is the previously announced sequel.