Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! / Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!

Season 1 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Hmm, cancel my current order, or just have two copies…

I wound up with 2 copies of Maria Holic Alive. Two copies is pretty cool.

:laughing:
I’ve double dipped on a ton of stuff.
And still have a list of 8+ more to double dip on.

I’ll double dip, as the reason I bought the DVD in the first place when I did was because I was trying to trim my sub only wish list, and the two I pick had extras that aren’t on streaming sites. (If any sub only releases still on my list have extras, they could be extras I don’t care about. I know one has a soundtrack, but I don’t remember the series having music I would buy a sound track for)

I hadn’t ordered S1 of Chunibiyo yet. Was kinda disappointed, but after hearing the announcement that Sentai will be doing a Dub. I’m lade I held off this time.

I’m still wondering if the TAN dubbed promo trailers are “prophetic” as it seems weird to promote a series with an English dubbed trailer, especially one where the dubbers speak as though they were the on screen characters, when the series actually isn’t dubbed.

TAN promos generally mean absolutely nothing when it comes to determining if something will actually get a dub or not.
Though there does tend to be an overall pattern with it turning out to be true more times than not.

What can they give us as extras

An OST
An eyepatch
A pair of Rikka’s skate shoes
A keychain in the shape of Yuta’s sword

Thus far, TBS has yet to supply an OST.
Trinkets or other such useless things (such as booklets like the JP release had) are likely.
Maybe they got the Depth of Field specials they weren’t going to release with the initial release.

Other than that, your guess is as good as any.

So what would you do with your eyepatch? If the LE were to come with a pair of shoes that would at least be notable. I haven’t the foggiest what I’d do with them but it’d be notable.

Every time I think of LE extras I remember the Black Lagoon dogtags from so long ago that came with that LE and that have been in their packaging all this time.

Set it on my shelf to collect dust like any other trinket?

I’ve been thinking about it for a while and I’ve realized that although most of my anime trinkets are still sealed away in their packaging (comic book guy would be proud lol) there are a few that I’ve actually used: Last Exile mousepad, Witch Hunter Robin shot glass, OSTs for a few series, Witch Hunter Robin and RahXephon shirts.

I can’t imagine a use for the eye patch. Especially the “medical” eye patch as seen in this series (and ef, and Japanese fashion, as I’ve come to learn). I wouldn’t even wager that I could fit my hand into the shoes lol.

Other than fingerprints from when I rearrange my collection, my trinkets have about a 2 year layer of dust on them.

Dusting isn’t really my forte, especially for stuff I never use and have no use for.

Hey, I got good use out of my Najica Blitz Tactics panties.
Same with my Cradle of Filth panties.
So… :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh! That’s right!
I completely forgot the Najica artbox came with panties!

Man, I really wondered what ADV was smoking when they decided that one.

I remember seeing that in the stores, back when there were stores that sold anime. Unfortunately I saw that after I made the mistake of trying to watch the show. I do not know what this “cradle of filth” property is but it sounds like a funky euphemism :laugh:

I hope that Otakon 2014 reprises the “reminisce about the industry” panels as in 2013 David Williams discussed the NJB include a bit and I don’t seem to have the video of it :frowning:

(At least ADV was and is seemingly proud of its prurient product, unlike a certain Jonathan Klein…)

I’m not sure that Sentai has the same definition of “soon” as do I and my pal Webster lol.

That would depend on how you define a “short time”.