Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! / Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!

Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions Gets Its Own Train

posted on 2014-04-11 22:00 EDT by Eric Stimson
Railway hopes to encourage pilgrimages to picturesque Kansai city

via Facebook:

"Hey guys, big news! We have selected the director for Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions, and it’s none other than the lovely Emily Neves!

We’ll have more Chunibyo news soon, stay tuned!"

Directoral debut?

Yes, this was her first show as lead director, though she has been an assistant director in the past. Emily should do fine. :wink:

I think there is a pretty good chance we will see this on the next round of solicitations, so cross your fingers for a September street date. :slight_smile:

http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=46

10:49:18 <bay|AX|Sentai> the next box set is Love Chuunibyou and Other Delusions
10:49:24 <bay|AX|Sentai> numbered limited edition box set
10:49:30 <bay|AX|Sentai> loaded with fun extras , goodies and much more

This is one of the flyers Sentai was passing out at AX.

I can’t say that I’m “feeling” the art on this box. Something about the overall box design reminds me of a NISA/Nozomi box. I preferred the art design seen on the Chunibyou train (linked in this thread) TBH.

Almost certainly a “Day 0” purchase for me though.

…AX got flyers?

Apparently so.

I’m so getting this!
Though really, the only thing I’m actually interested in is the BD.

This art doesn’t exactly show that the characters are entertaining their own Chunibyo delusions of grandeur. It looks rather generic and normal, which I guess would be ironic to those “in the know” but it leaves those who aren’t in the dark.

Seeing this picture @ CR I believe that its hint at something abnormal-the chunibyo-in a “normal” scene would be an improvement.

There’s tons of art floating around that would better represent the series for what it is, but it really boils down to what artwork they are given and allowed to use.

Japanese micromanagement is definitely one of the biggest problems with the NA anime industry. If their gaffes hadn’t been so damaging then they could actually be humorous.

Maybe it doesn’t really matter as I’d wager that anyone getting this LE isn’t going to be swayed by the box art. I know I’m not, but that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t be appreciative of some more snazzy art.

BtB uses the CR promo art as side art. Even the CR art for Chunibyo season 1 would be preferable IMO.

The art for Sentai’s box is actually 3 of the BD JP covers.

Vol. 06 - for the front

Vol. 04 - for the back

Vol. 01 - for the spine

I, myself, would have preferred Vol. 07 used for the back.

That’s interesting. I notice that Sentai was provided with art with slightly different coloring and, thankfully, without the roman numerals. I would have also preferred a substitution for the back art.

I’d still have to give “the edge” on box art to the BtB set though.

The coloring could just be the pictures, or Sentai could have messed around with the color pallet.

I actually like both this (the front/spine art at least) and the BtB art for different reasons.
The front/spine art mainly because it’s kind of deceptive from what the series is actually like.

Either one of these would be pretty cool “amazing surprises and exclusive items”

Q. ONE MORE, well 2 kinda,
Kyoukai No Kanata, and an update on Chuunibyou (maybe Ren too :3)? KyoAni fanboy here

A. No new news on BtB retweet, Chunibyo box set coming in December. :slight_smile:

Q. any news on when I can place an order for the Limited Edition Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions?

A. within the month. :slight_smile: #NotakonSentaipanel2014

Guess what?

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?33380-Love-Chunibyo-amp-Other-Delusions!-Complete-Collection-(Blu-ray-DVD-Combo)-(Collector-s-Edition)&p=263054&viewfull=1#post263054

Eyepatch? What is this a pirate anime? It has to be an umbrella with Vanishment This World on it! An eyepatch is useless without a single colored contact lense for Wicked Lord ~cough cough~ to reside in.

I hope not as I didn’t care for the last Sentai pirate anime :wink:

I have no idea what I’m going to do with an eyepatch, especially if it is the Japanese “piece of gauze” eyepatch as depicted in the art for the show. I would have preferred the figure, but I guess insert figures are a thing of the past, like the Pioneer/Geneon release of Last Exile.