Maburaho

Nice AMV’s Cody! :lol:

I’m really looking forward to a group viewing of this show! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! It’s actually very hard to find decent AMV’s for Maburaho. Everything either has obnoxious subs, really bad music choices, or is a slide show. You have no idea how many of the AMV’s for this have some weird hard rock song that has nothing to do with the scenes in it…lol

2 Likes

That is true of most AMV’s. I gave up looking for good ones a long time ago! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So guys I went and bought this series. I remember liking it when I watched it on TAN, but I never finished it. So I’ll be sure to watch it with you guys and comment episode by episode. Finally I can finish it! This is a cute, fun little show. It’s not deep, or a work of art, and it’s not even that original. It’s even kind of cliche. But it’s a nice little show, and the dub on this is GREAT. I rememeber really likeing Jessica Boone and Blake Shepard in this. The dub on this really makes this show a keeper. Without such a good dub, not sure if I’d like it this much (ah the magic of a good dub!). I’ll enjoy watching this again, since I need a lighter show to watch. Been watching lots of dark and depressing stuff lately. It’s not a favorite show if mine or anything, but I did like it. And it’s not ALL fanservice, depsite what my http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e3/52/b934228348a0875b7dce1110.L.jpgmakes it look like :stuck_out_tongue: .

This show reminds me a lot of Negima and The Familiar of Zero. If you like magical/supernatural harem series like those two, then this is as good as show as any to watch as well. It’s kinda shallow at times, but it does have a heart which I really like.

2 Likes

I did enjoy this series as well. I wouldn’t put it up with my top favorites, but it was a lot of fun to watch.

2 Likes

So any idea when we will watch this? Also when will we watch one of those other three shows that we’ve been tossing around?

Anyway I can’t believe this show is so old already. I remember when it first aired on TAN . Man that feels like yestorday. Time keeps going by faster and faster…

2 Likes

I thought Coffee God said he wanted a break after our current Gonzo viewing that ends tomorrow before we hit up Maburaho. I said I wanted to see it again also, but I think someone misunderstood me as to thinking I have the DVD set yet - back in the day I got other stuff like Madlax over this. :wink: I don’t know when I’ll be getting this though, it’s on my growing to-buy list of older ADV stuff - but I wouldn’t want to delay or hold back a viewing of this since I can’t give an ETA on when I might buy it.

If someone wants to take the initiative to lead and organize a group viewing for this one though, go for it!

2 Likes

I’d much rather us watch one of those other shows first then, since that way you can join in too. But whatever everyone would like to do I guess. I got this show for like less then $30 at Best Buy, so it was a steal (I had a coupon tho IIRC). I coudn’t leave without it at that price tho hehe.

2 Likes

We’re still doing Evangelion soonish though right, like in some weeks or 2 months? Since 1.11 is around the corner.

Per the previous list of stuff you suggested… I’m also getting RahXephon TV and movie soon, so that might be another option.

I’ll make a group thread tomorrow so we can organize viewings better, so if you guys wanted to organize a Maburaho one and make a schedule of future viewings. Right now it’s like going on in all sorts of various threads. :smiley:

2 Likes

What were the other shows again? Orphen (but you don’t have this yet so I guess forget it for now), Nadiesco, and what else did we say?

Edit: Colorful! That was it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think you mentioned a list of it in the KS thread. I’ll check that when I make the group viewing organization thread tomorrow.

2 Likes

Be sure to make sure I know that group thing is going on ;). Toss me a link or something. I always miss out when those things go down, and finding groups in this forum is not my strong point. LOL. I kind of fail at the community board thing lol. Also I’m so in the mood for Dominion Tank Police re-watch, although I’m not sure if anyone here even has that lol. Started watching the original Ghost in the Shell movie when it was on TV today, and was thinking about it. It;s short, sweet, and too the point, but a great little series. A true classic in my eyes.

2 Likes

i got this series for 30 at best buy today … although my box art is different than prede’s.
i guess ill get to watching this when im done with cutey honey and claymore…

yoka

2 Likes

Really? Because they had multiple copies of the same one there. What box set did you ge then? The one I got was still hanging around there, so it’s odd that there’s another release of this floating out in Best Buys.

Oh and just don’t go into this expecting high art, or anything. It’s kind of low brow, fanservicey, but cute, and it made me laugh. The dubs really good too.

2 Likes

You are correct sir, I did indeed want to take a break.
The misunderstanding was on my part though, I knew you wanted to get the singles, but I just kind of assumed you had the thinpak and was hinting at another group viewing.
:frowning:
My bad.

So many people want to do group viewings these days for this, that, or the other thing.
I find it rather amusing, though it is a good thing.

You’ll probably want to do Prede’s viewings next, though, since I’m not sure when I’ll want to get back to another group viewing.
Since Slow wanted us to group view something she had as well, I figured the next one I would set up would be a Utawarerumono viewing, since I haven’t seen it yet, and I know you have it.

2 Likes

So be sure to let me know what we choice next to watch and for when :wink:

2 Likes

im having problems uploading pics… ill try again in a few mins

2 Likes

front:

side:

back:

2 Likes

That’s the one I have dude :wink: . Just the other side I think.

Edit: wait…no mine is different…how odd.

No offense but I like the pictures used on mine better. What year was yours released? Mines from 2007.

2 Likes

yeah i went back to look at the pic you posted and was sittin there thinkin… mine has no yellow on it… and that one surely does… mmmmm…
but yeah… it was just easier for me to just post links to myspace… sorry…
ill figure this forum crap out soon enuff though…

yoka

edit: as far as i can tell 2007. they had the one you have when i was looking today. and no offense taken…

2 Likes