Maeko-chan is new here

Hello!!!

Everyone calls me Maeko-chan, and I have always been in love with cartoons and anime!! I love all kinds and love discussing anime. I only have a few friends who actually are anime lovers like I am. I decided to join so that I can make new friends that I can discuss my passion of anime with. And hopefully I will find some long term friends!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello and welcome, I am the kingwolf (the 707 part is just added on). Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find lots of enjoyable anime from AN, thereā€™s even few free shows on the online-player. Iā€™m currently working on drafts for my own anime, although Iā€™m not sure itā€™s considered anime if itā€™s from America. Are their any American animes? Well whatever, I may put some teaser psots of my work in the fan made threads if you ask nicely.

kingwolf707 wrote:

Well, according to Wikipedia, in Japan the term ā€œanimeā€ refers to all animation, so I guess yours would be considered anime.

Welcome to Anime Network, Maeko-chan! Youā€™ve arrived at a very auspicious time-the first two episodes of the Clannad Dub have just been released on VOD an the Online Player. Also, if youā€™re familiar with anime, we have a little game weā€™ve been playing that I would invite you to check out. Itā€™s called ā€œClaim Your Claim Your Bishoujo/Bishounenā€ and youā€™ll find it in the ā€œOther Animeā€ section. Weā€™re in the midst of a bit of change with the game, so stop by and see if youā€™d like to join in. Itā€™s a great way to break the ice with some of the frequent posters here-and a great way to constructively raise your post count! B)

Welcome to the board. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums! I only pretend to be an anime fan so I can post on here. So I donā€™t know if Iā€™m the kinda person youā€™re looking for. =P

Thereā€™s been a few attempts here and there to create an ā€œAmerican Animeā€, but itā€™s mostly just mimicking Japanā€™s style. If you want to check out something thatā€™s actually good, you can try the comic series WE3, itā€™s a short spin, but itā€™s definitely anime inspired but very American at the same time.

Constructive post count? Whatā€™s that? I totally didnā€™t amount most of my posts from word associationā€¦ and then pissing the mods off by making the WA2 after they closed the first one. :slight_smile: Hell, Iā€™d have had over a 10k (OVER 9000!) post count on the old forums if you counted my posts from that and the Iā€™m Turning Japanese threads. =P

Kingwolf:

So I went and checked out the gameā€¦but I donā€™t understand what the point is. Are you just suppose to chose random characters??? But then how can you tell who wins. Since Iā€™m new I donā€™t know what the game really is about, and I noticed it was mentioned that the game has been done many times by different people. Could you please take some time out and explain the games. Oh and I did see the rules on the first post.

Thanks
:kiss:

Welcome to you! Please come and join us often!

As for your question on ā€œClaim Your Bishoujo/Bishounenā€, Newshawk would be the best one to answer that for you since he has recently taken it over and is re-working it a bit.

What are some of your favorite shows?

Hi! Lot of anime loving folks here, hang out and post a bunch.

LadyOfWicca wrote:

[quote]Welcome to you! Please come and join us often!

As for your question on ā€œClaim Your Bishoujo/Bishounenā€, Newshawk would be the best one to answer that for you since he has recently taken it over and is re-working it a bit.

What are some of your favorite shows?[/quote]

Some of my fav animes are Soul Eater, Bleach, Inuyasha, Air Gear, and I have to go old school with Sailor Moonā€¦LOL. right now Iā€™m watchin Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. But I am open to suggestions for new shows to watch.

Welcome aboard Maeko-Chan. I hope you enjoy your time here. Make sure you take a good look around here and the Community Section. I think youā€™ll find lots of ideas for new shows to check out, including some you can watch here.

Maeko-chan wrote:

You have some great shows there! Please check out the online player here. You might enjoy one of my favorites - Area 88. Gilgamesh is another favorite of mine if you like things a little on the dark side. But as Cody said, take a look around and see what might interest you and feel free to ask any questions you might have. And you should definitely check out Clannad!

The game, as originally played, is a game of amassing a group of anime/manga characters. You canā€™t choose any characters that have been selected by another player, so it is a game of decisions-so many favorite characters, so few picksā€¦ However, to spice things up, I am coming up with some new ā€œwrinklesā€ that should make the game more interesting, competitive and fun- or get me ridden out of TAN-Town on a rail!

I hope you will check out the updated rules when I post them later today and join us when the game starts back up.

Howdy im Dr.G and I welcome you to this here place of nonsence and the sence that makes nonsence. Dont worry I am a street licenced doctor so Im the person you go to for some medical help, and dont get too close to LadyOfWicca sheā€™s a bit evil. Its best to keep your distance :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL Pay no mind to the insane asylum escapee, Maeko-chan! :laugh: :laugh:

Youā€™ll soon get used to our crazy brand of humor! :slight_smile:

LadyOfWicca wrote:

[quote]LOL Pay no mind to the insane asylum escapee, Maeko-chan! :laugh: :laugh:

Youā€™ll soon get used to our crazy brand of humor! :)[/quote]

Humor? Its not humor, its the truth!

Welcome, Maeko-chan!

Friendly neighborhood anime convention game show host and Anime Network shill here!

Enjoy your time among the crazies!

Hello Maeko-chan :slight_smile: I hope you are enjoying the site so far like I am. Have an awesome time here!

Hello Maeko. Welcome

Every new member gets a free sammichā€¦

I didnā€™t get a free sandwich :frowning: I got one oreo cookie with the cream licked out! Cruel fate.

Nankurunaisa wrote:

Is this better?

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5064/oreo.jpg