Mekakucity Actors

Mekakucity Actors

mekakucity-actors-1

Watch on Crunchyroll

Genres: comedy, drama, mystery, psychological, romance, science fiction, supernatural
Themes: amnesia, death, hikikomori, psychics, special abilities, tragedy
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: The incidents which occurred on August 14th and 15th bring a group of young boys and girls together. They are members of a group they call themselves the “Mekakushi Dan” (Blindfold Organization) and each member possesses a strange power involving their eyes.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2014-04-12
Opening Theme: 1. “Ayano’s Theory of Happiness” (Ayano no Kōfuku Riron) by Jin ft. Aki Okui
2. “Daze” by Jin ft. MARIA from GARNiDELiA
3. “Headphone Actor” by Jin ft. LiSA
Ending Theme: 1. “Days” by Jin feat. Lia
2. “Lost Time Memory” by Jin ft. Kōta Matsuyama from Byee the Round
3. “Summertime Record” by Jin ft. Takuro Sugawara
4. “Yūkei Yesterday” by Jin ft. LiSA

ANN Info Page
Official Japanese Website
Official English Website

000-AN-use-a

Mekakucity Actors Movie / Kagerou Daze -in a day’s-

mekakucity-actors-2-movie

Vintage: 2016-11-04

ANN Info Page
Official Japanese Website

Episode 1 –

spoiler

Shut in your house for two years and on your first day of venturing out into the world, you get taken hostage. It’s rare for me to be hooked so quickly, but I am loving the mystery in this introduction to the story. I want to know everything now! I like Ene too. What a great AI to have around! I also liked the story of the monster after the credits. More mystery! Too early to really tell, but I think I am going to like this anime a lot.

Kagerou Project Mekakushi Dan Store to Open in Shinjuku

April 15, 2014

Episode 2 –

spoiler

I was hoping to see what happened with the hostage situation, but this was an interesting, if weird episode. Kind of like “everything you always wanted to know about Momo but were afraid to ask”. LOL And there was more of the monster story after the credits too.

Episode 3 –

spoiler

Momo meets Kido, a girl that claims to be like her, and Momo gets the feeling she should run away. But Kido talks to her and Momo realizes that she does have some kind of power like Kido. Momo faints and wakes up in the hideout of Mekakushi-Dan. Things are explained and an offer is made to Momo to learn how to control her power. The condition is that Momo join the gang and since she wants to be “normal”, she does.

An accident sends the gang to the store to get Momo a new phone, and Momo discovers that Kido’s power can cancel hers. It’s probably the first time that Momo has been able to walk around without being mobbed, and she’s loving it. It also happens to be the same day that her brother is there to get a new keyboard. Strange coincidence that – a wet keyboard and a wet phone practically at the same time. Strange too that Kido is the one to bump into him.

Then the incident happens and everything comes together from the first episode. Momo is concerned for her brother and Kido sends some of the gang members to him. The plan is made, the distraction happens, and Ene is hooked up to a computer. She releases the security lock and Marry then freezes everyone. Momo runs to her brother. Very exciting! More monster story after the credits too, and I wonder if this is where everyone’s powers came from, or will come from.

Mekaku City Actors teams up with Lawson while Kagerou Project collaborates with Microsoft

May 22, 2014

Mekakucity Actors Composer JIN Posts Official ‘days’ Music Video

posted on 2014-06-16 01:40 EDT
Single containing opening, ending themes, music videos ships in Japan June 18

I think that I missed something here as I thought that AoA had Mekakucity Actors?

Mekaku City Actors CG Gets Significant Overhaul for Blu-ray Release

November 26, 2014 11:31am CST
Episodes 9 and 10 hit Japanese Blu-ray November 26th

I’m definitely pleased with my decision to wait for blurays for this show. The low framerate, and thus jerky movement, that almost all Japanese CG uses is unbearable in large doses for me. Prerendered CG in today’s anime looks worse than that of a video game. A mystery for the ages.

Mekakucity MS Mekakucity Actors Vocal Sound Collection New Arrangements Announced

February 22, 2015 6:56pm CST
Five disc set planned for April 1st

VIDEO: “Mekakucity M’s: Mekakucity Actors Vocal & Sound Collection” Anime Music Video of “Yobanashi Deceive” from Jin feat. LiSA & MARiA

March 07, 2015 10:10pm CST

VIDEO: “Mekakucity M’s: Mekakucity Actors Vocal & Sound Collection” Anime Music Video of “Shounen Brave” from Jin feat. Kimiko(nano.RIPE)

March 14, 2015 11:50pm PDT

VIDEO: “Mekakucity M’s: Mekakucity Actors Vocal & Sound Collection” Previewed With “Outer Science” Music Video From Jin ft. ONE

March 28, 2015 10:20pm PDT

FEATURE: Cruising the Crunchy-Catalog: “MEKAKUCITY ACTORS”

August 14, 2016 2:15pm CDT
2014 TV anime based on the “Kagerou Project” features animation by Shaft and direction by Akiyuki Shinbo

###Mekakucity Actors/Kagerou Daze Gets More Anime
posted on 2016-08-15 13:15 EDT
"Mekakucity Reload" announced during Niconico program

1 Like

Funimation Adds Mekakucity Actors Anime

posted on 2020-09-09 14:00 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda