ANN Page

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, science fiction
Themes: androids, emotional attachments
Objectionable content: Significant
Running time: 24 minutes per episode
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2015-04-04
Opening Theme: “Ring of Fortune” by Eri Sasaki
Ending Theme: “Asayake no Starmine” (Starmine of the Morning Glow) by Asami Imai

Plot Summary: In a future not too far away, androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen. However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, it gets pretty bad. For this reason, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids. (from ANN)

[size=16]Steins;Gate’s Hayashi, IS’s okiura Make Plastic Memories Anime[/size]
posted on 2014-09-27 11:50 EDT

###Yoshiyuki Fujiwara to Helm Plastic Memories Anime at Dogakobo
posted on 2014-10-29 23:57 EDT

###Plastic Memories Anime’s 1st Promo Hints at Bittersweet Romance
posted on 2014-10-30 08:06 EDT
Yoshiyuki Fujiwara directs “love story born from digital memories” anime

[size=16]Yasuaki Takumi, Sora Amamiya Star in Plastic Memories Anime[/size]
posted on 2015-01-28 23:05 EST
Chinatsu Akasaki, Sayuri Yahagi, Megumi Toyoguchi, Satoshi Hino, more in April show

[size=16]Plastic Memories Anime’s 2nd Video Introduces Characters[/size]
posted on 2015-01-30 07:45 EST
"Love story born from digital memories" to premiere in April

[size=16]Plastic Memories’ Opening and Ending Themes Revealed[/size]
posted on 2015-02-26 23:45 EST
Eri Sasaki to sing opening theme, Asami Imai to sing ending theme for April TV anime

[size=16]Aniplex USA to Stream Nisekoi Season 2, Gunslinger Stratos, Plastic Memories[/size]
posted on 2015-03-20 06:45 EDT
On Aniplex Channel, Crunchyroll, Hulu, Daisuki starting in April

[size=16]Plastic Memories’ 3rd Promo Video Previews Eri Sasaki’s Song[/size]
posted on 2015-03-20 13:20 EDT
"Ring of Fortune" opening theme from future android story premiering in April

[size=16]Plastic Memories’ 1st Episode Previewed in Video[/size]
posted on 2015-03-30 16:20 EDT
Sora Amamiya, Yasuaki Takumi, Sayuri Yahagi, more star in anime premiering April 4

[size=16]Viewster Streams Fate/stay night: UBW, Gunslinger Stratos, Plastic Memories in Americas[/size]
posted on April 2, 2015

[size=16]Anime Limited Partners with Viewster to Stream Plastic Memories[/size]
posted on April 3, 2015

[size=16]Hanabee Adds Plastic Memories and Re-Kan to Streaming Slate[/size]
posted on April 16, 2016

###The Spring 2015 Anime Preview Guide - Plastic Memories
Apr 4th 2015

###Anime Consortium Japan Announces First Simulcast Titles from Spring 2015 Line-Up - Plastic Memories
Apr 7th 2015

Just from the first couple of episodes,

Spoiler

I get the distinct feeling that this one is going to be a real tearjerker. I have tissues at the ready!

Yeah they’ve already set up the end by casually mentioning how many operational hors Isla has left.

Basically, this season’s “Your Lie in April”

The pedigree and premise of this one made me expect Blade Runner but so far it is just the ultra-moe adventures of “Chaika the Repo Princess” and her merry band of Planetes/Witch Hunter Robin/Wizard Barristers-style coworkers.

AoA Plastic Memories Trailer 2

Episode 8 -

[details=Spoiler]It looks like Tsukasa is holding out hope that something can be done to help Isla. He wonders if any Giftia has ever regained any of their old memories when they are fitted with a new operating system. Everyone he asks gives him a negative answer, but I am beginning to wonder if this story may have a happy ending after all.

Then again, Eru meets an old friend that has no memories of her and I can see how hard that was for her, especially when Eru decides to befriend the new personality. It just seems to make things harder for Eru, having memories that she cannot share with the Giftia’s new personality. But it was nice to see that the Giftia was drawn to Eru, so that must count for something.

And once again Tsukasa is witness to a cruel parting of human and Giftia. I wonder how things are going to work out between him and Isla in the end. He just admitted that he loves Isla too, which startled her. But she panics and rejects him. I know she really loves him as well and I’m sure she’s just trying to protect him from what will eventually happen.[/details]

Episode 9 –

[details=Spoiler]Tsukasa did not take Isla’s rejection well at all. In fact, the entire office knows what happened now too, thanks to Eru. It turns out that Isla is in bad shape as well. She panicked and rejected him without thinking. Now, she isn’t sure what to do. Michiru seems a bit jealous about the confession, but will she ever admit it? LOL

Michiru advises Isla to spend time apart from Tsukasa in order to sort out her feelings. Eru takes care of Isla while Michiru snaps Tsukasa out of his funk. Isla just can’t relax with Eru, while Tsukasa and Michiru seem like an old married couple. LOL The four meet in the hallway the next morning and Isla gets the wrong idea, putting Tsukasa right back into his funk.

Things are explained to Isla and Michiru encourages Isla and Tsukasa to talk. Isla asks Tsukasa for time to think over his confession. But no matter what her answer may be, Tsukasa wants to continue their partnership. Michiru begins to think she may have given Isla the wrong advice and speaks with her again. With Michiru’s help, Isla realizes that she does indeed love Tsukasa. She also decides that because she does, she must stay away from him. Isla does want to protect him since she only has about a month left. I already feel like crying!

And this is the first Michiru has heard of Isla’s lifespan. Because of what happened to her father, Michiru takes everything out on Tsukasa. But Tsukasa stands his ground even as Michiru warns him that things will end badly. In the end, Michiru decides to support Isla and Tsukasa. And more good news – although Tsukasa wants to remain as Isla’s partner, Kazuki announces that she is dissolving their partnership!![/details]

Availability Information

Due to production issues, episode 11 will be delayed by a few hours. We thank you for your patience and understanding.