Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit / Seirei no Moribito

I feel like I missed something :confused:

Great Episode!!! But it was a little werid!!!

It was a good episode. Not quite what I expected but very good nevertheless.

Was it just me or was the sound a bit off? Very low?

The sound on this series has always been low.

This was a great episode, although I may be biased, it was a NEW episode, so maybe I just can’t tell anymore.

spoiler

It started off with little hustler Touya throwing money off the bridge! Talk about unbelievable… and then we see little Saya lying ill in someone’s house.

We then find out that Touya agreed to allow Saya to be married off to some unknown guy! He always thought of her as his daughter… weird!

So, here comes Tanda, Balsa & Chagum (?) to the rescue! Tanda decides that her soul has left her body and he must go into a trance and retrieve it. (Right.) So, everyone leaves the room, except Balsa, and off he goes. (Quickly too, I might add.)

He sees her right away sitting in the corner, having a pity party. I also might note, that they both sink into the floor a little bit (being spirits). So, he talks to her and finds out that the matchmaker told her that she’d get Touya in trouble if she (Saya) didn’t marry this guy. Tanda tells her not to worry about, and she doesn’t have to marry anyone she doesn’t want to. So, she wakes up. Tah-Dah!!

Tanda, however, doesn’t know how to wake up. Dilemma!! So, he wanders around a bit, looking around outside (he goes through the wall). Finally, he realizes that he must drink the Flower Wine that put Saya into her sleep originally, but he can’t pick it up. What to do? He looks over at Balsa & Chagum (who came in to sit with Balsa). He can see the egg inside Chagum! So, he goes and touches the egg and communicates with Chagum and Chagum tells Balsa to give Tanda the wine! Problem solved!

In the end, everyone realizes that Saya has a big crush on Touya (DUH). Chagum realizes that Balsa & Tanda probably REALLY LIKE each other also, but says nothing. Kids.

I guess mostly I wonder who didn’t know about Touya & Saya, I think it was obvious from the start. As well as Balsa & Tanda. But, oh well.

I look forward to more NEW stuff! I’m liking this series a lot!

I agree… But I don’t want Balsa with Tanda. I want Tanda to go on the Quest to the West and then Balsa can be with the Boy.

Wow, they finally ran a new one, anyone have a weather report from hell today?

Not too bad of an episode, a bit awkward going from the last episode to this one, but over all, not too shabby.

yeah I felt the same way. For the first 5 minutes I was like WTF?! but after that I was enjoying it.

Glad to know I’m not going deaf!

And it is amazing sometimes that kids can see what adults can’t or don’t want to see! :laugh:

Agreed with the consensus - it did feel out of place and random in the storyline after the last few episodes. On Sunday I remarked on Twitter that I felt it was perhaps a little disappointing since I’m sure many of us had almost a year wait and building expectations. All that aside though, on its own it was still a pretty good episode.

I concur.

Should be a new one tonight. Set your dvrs.

I really liked this weeks episode.

spoiler

Like last weeks, it was a self-contained episode, though it did touch upon them in hiding, and suppose to be dead, but all in all, it worked well for it.

Last weeks episode was just so off-center from the overall plot, that it really didn’t seem to fit going from ep. 10 to ep. 11, even with it touching upon the main plot of the egg.

Jumping back to last week’s episode for a bit:

spoiler

After the previous episode when they wound up winning the money in the rigged game, Touya bought a place to live, which attracted the matchmaker, which led to the matching with that guy. I don’t know why you guys think that the two episodes don’t meet up together, cause I think it makes perfect sense.

This week’s episode:

spoiler

Wow! We get to see a side of Chagum that we’ve never seen before, his possessive nature about his father and his father’s name. Although he can’t tell anyone why, he gets angry when someone else talks badly about the Mikado.

Then, he LIES TO BALSA, though not intentionally, and goes to ‘fight’, although he never throws a punch. Pretty sneaky. And then, Balsa has to save the day, AGAIN.

And, at the end that frog and snake…

At least it wasn’t the type of festival show I was expecting. Thank goodness!

:slight_smile:

Moribito is back to form after last week’s out of place episode. This was an excellent episode of character development and exposition. Although how Chagum won was a bit fake. :stuck_out_tongue:

The symbolism in that final part of the episode was also interesting.

REMEMBER!!

There will be no regular episode of Moribito on Adult Swim this Saturday, September 5, 2009.

Instead, there will be:

Bleach: Memories of Nobody
Midnight ET/11:00pm CT

Next weekend, the Adult Swim schedule will be back to normal.

Hmmm I’d rather have Moribito even though its been a little slow its a entertaining beautiful slow at least.

This will be the excuse to cancel showing it again huh?

“Well nobody was watching it last week” ~ CN Exec.

I agree next week episode will be mostly like an rerun.

Pretty sure Shadzar was being sarcastic.