Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit / Seirei no Moribito

Really I though the last episode they shown was, when Boise went to the sword master to her spear in fix.

The last episode shown was Episode 10 (“Soil and Heroes”), when Chagum went with Touya (the buck-toothed kid) and watched the gambling going on in the market place. He figured out the scam that was going on.

I thought that episode happen before they went to the Sword master home?

No, it hasn’t happened yet this time around. Darn it all. :wink:

Recently re-watched (for the third time) episode 1 to the latest episode this past weekend, due to the impending new episodes coming. So I’m pretty much all ready for it with the refresh re-watching.

It was almost as captivating as it was when I first watched it, which those of you who were here last year probably remember my high praise of it as we were watching the 1-10 episodes.

There’s just something really special about the dialogue and character exchanges in this series. The only disappointing aspect though, is the promise of more action oriented spectacle, if even as another layer. Perhaps with that, the zenith of perfection could have been achieved, but we’ll see.

As someone who prefers dialogue and characterization over action though, it’s something I can easily gloss over.

One thing that stood out to me once again, as I mentioned months ago was… the music of Kenji Kawai is just supreme in this series, though granted his music is very similar to his other works, at times painfully so. The melodies and passages here are at times way too similar to his themes in Vampire Princess Miyu and Fate/Stay. Regardless though, the music is still exquisite and head and shoulders above many of his recent or major disappointments: Death Note Movie, where the music was completely forgettable and without seeming direction or Gundam 00 which for such a major show sounds like mediocre keyboard music. Kawai’s prolific talents are best served in music like this, where he can blend traditional asian ideas with more modern classical orchestral presentation.

Can’t wait for the next 2 episodes, especially the next one with Shuga, those are amongst my favorites of these first 10 episodes.

1 Like

I agree, the music is great and it nice to hear Kawai music. Also I am little worry about Boisa and her boy relationship. I think it going to become more imitation

This weekend (Saturday August 15), Moribito will show the last repeat episode before starting ALL NEW episodes next weekend!

So, unless Adult Swim pulls something, we’ll have fresh new episodes next week! :slight_smile:

DON"T SAY THAT!!! You going to give it back luck…

Excellent episode. This might be my favorite one of the series that we’ve seen thus-far. The character interactions were sublime and I just enjoy the dialogue immensely.

Finally, the long awaited new episode next week! Tell all your friends, family members, sisters, brothers and pets to watch. :stuck_out_tongue: World War III and IV expected if they cancel it on me again, lol.

Oh man, if AS really did that. Hell. To. Pay. (probably)

Yeah, to be fair to AS based on all the info we have, it’s likely not their fault that they were not able to show it. The license went to limbo it seems or there was some contract dispute. However, it did not help that AS kind of gave us a bait and switch, forcing us the 10 ep encore then it disappearing. It came off very shady. But with how the anime industry is lately… talking to the fans has proved to create more problems than it’s worth, sadly, so they were probably locked into being silent.

I’ll definitely be getting the box set once it comes out though.

Stop Saying it!!! I think we should banned the C R and RR words form AS threads it leads to bad luck

I will also be getting these on DVD AS has to evil on there air time.

I really want to get the singles, but it’s going to be something like 8 singles in total for a 26 episode series, so I might just wait for the box set on this one as well.

I saw the promo for Bleach this week. After that, they showed 2 new Bleach and 1 new Moribito on their Saturday schedule. So, I think we will finally get to see a new episode. I can’t wait. This is the third time I’ve seen the first 10 episodes. I love this series, and I have a feeling this series will be in my top 10. I hope I’m not disappointed.
Slick

New episodes…finally!
I can’t wait until this weekend!

AHHHHHHH!!! I wondeer if there going be an boise bath scene…

Or will there be priate episode when the show starts again. OR maybe there will an death of an char.

-crosses fingers- Please don’t be “Balsa the Female Bodyguard” again. Please don’t be “Balsa the Female Bodyguard” again. Please don’t be “Balsa the Female Bodyguard” again.

Can’t wait to see the new episode. I have the first 10 episodes on DVD but haven’t seen it in a while.

DON’T FORGET! NEW!

MORIBITO GUARDIAN of the SPIRIT

TONIGHT!

I am already holding my breath!!!