Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit / Seirei no Moribito

That episode seemed kind of fillery to me, what happened didn’t warrant a full episode in my opinion. It’s just that once it got good near the end (when the egg eater was rushing towards Balsa and her group) was the exact moment my DirecTV receiver decided it had to randomly restart. So could someone fill me on on the couple of minutes or so that I missed? ><

Really enjoyed the last episode, maybe more than I would have if I hadn’t been drunk :woohoo:

This past weekend’s episode was okay, but I wish that the story would have gotten pushed further along. I was glad that Tanda figured out something helpful to their cause, but the rest of the episode just felt kind of blah to me. With only a couple episodes left, there needs to be some major progress and resolution immediately. I would hate for the last few episodes to taint the way that I feel about this show overall, which has been great up until now. I guess we will see…

Again, can someone please fill me in on what happened after the egg eater was rushing towards the group near the end? I feel like I might have missed something cliffhangery or important. Damn receiver…

spoiler

Tanda figured out that the egg eaters are attracted to those who eat the plant. He ate one and charged the egg eater. It noticed him and became corporal. Tanda injured it, but got injured himself. The other warriors killed it. They now realize they can fight the egg eaters if they eat the plants, which luckily Tanda brought several of with him. They now rush to save Chadum. I don’t think Tanda can join them though as his injury is bad, not life threatening, but greatly impairing.

Oh, alright then. Many thanks.

It was an great episode, but whom do you think Boise will chose for her love? She see them both as men…

Saturday, December 5

No Moribito

(Bleach movies air instead)

Nooooooooo! I hate when this happens. Moribito is almost over, so I hope they don’t make us wait to long for the next episode.
Slick

Well, I don’t claim to be the schedules expert (Slowhand is, of course! :wink: ), but according to my DVR guide, we are supposed to get a new episode next Saturday. Maybe we will get through the whole series before they start it over. Fingers crossed!:slight_smile:

Yep… according to the AS schedule, the final two episodes will run as usual.

December 12
Ep #25 - The Site of Celebration

December 19
Ep #26 - Beginning a Journey

I really don’t think that going to happen, It movie month of AS, I guess we will have to wait to next year.

Good episode!

spoiler

There are no flowers left for Shouga and Torogai. I really felt Torogai’s disappointment.

Balsa and the hunters manage to catch up to Chagum and have to fight off a whole army of those monsters. But at least they can see them now. It was pretty exciting.

Chagum is saved and Tanda and Balsa safely extract the egg. Yay!

Only one episode left. Can’t wait to see how they wrap everything up!! :slight_smile:

Also thought they did a good job on the last episode.

I also enjoyed this episode. I was worried about whether or not we would get any resolution to the Chagum situation, but I was okay with what happened. I am really looking forward to the last episode!

Very good episode, although I kind of expected more excitement and tension with some form of a final fight or something. A nice resolution to the drama with Chagum though. Should be interesting to see what happens with the final episode, now that it’s all resolved.

Moribito II: Guardian of the Darkness has been translated. I hope the whole series (10 books) is translated as the anime only covers the first book.

I did a combination lol/eye roll at that bit at the end, I’m sure you know what I mean.

Enjoyed the last episode.

spoiler

Figured out they were told to take that exit to see Chagum. Also like how he is still trying to get Balsa and Tanda together. Think the Mikado is a ass for telling Chagum to forget Balsa.

Want to read book 2 now for the further adventures of Balsa.

A very good last episode!

spoiler

Chagum is now the crown prince. But I think Shuga was still going to kill Balsa and I’m glad he was stopped by the hunters. They turned out to be pretty good guys. And I think Balsa knew an attempt would be made on her life. She only put her spear down when the hunters changed Shuga’s mind.

The scene where Chagum was reunited with his mother was very sweet. But I agree with ShawnMerrow - the Mikado should not have told Chagum to forget Balsa - like that could ever happen anyway!

It was nice of Chagum’s mother to thank Balsa at the ceremony - even if Balsa couldn’t hear it. Like ShawnMerrow, I knew the other gate would take them to Chagum, but I was also kind of expecting his mother to be there as well.

It was not surprising to see that Chagum wanted to stay with Balsa. Instead of reminding him of his responsibilities, she agrees and says they will run away, giving him the chance to make up his own mind. And he shows how much he has matured in choosing to stay and accept those responsibilities. In saying goodbye to everyone, Chagum mentions the hope that Balsa and Tanda will have a child - still playing the matchmaker!

Finally, I thought that Balsa would stay with Tanda, but at the end, Tanda says that there is one last thing Balsa has to do. He also said that be it 2 years or 20 years, he would wait for her. I thought that was very sweet of him.

And it rains!! Chagum’s whole ordeal ends with a successful conclusion! I loved the last scene of Balsa on the trail in the rain, thinking how she’d like some of Tanda’s stew. I hope that means she goes back to him!!