Neon Genesis Evangelion / Shinseiki Evangelion

1 Like

Growing Up With Evangelion

by James Beckett, Aug 15th 2021
Warning: This editorial contains spoilers for the Evangelion series and films, including Thrice Upon a Time.

Evangelion Japanese Voice Actors Share Message For Fans Across the World

posted on 2021-08-16 14:45 EDT by Kim Morrissy
Amazon Prime Video began streaming Evangelion: 3.0+1.01: Thrice Upon A Time film worldwide on Friday

2 Likes

I’m hoping for the best but preparing to buy the old ADV singles on Ebay.

2 Likes

Voice actress warns “idiots” to not take bathroom breaks while streaming final Evangelion film

2021-08-17T07:00:00Z
Ordinarily our feelings would be hurt, but the language feels entirely appropriate when it’s coming from the voice of this character.

This Week in Anime - Saying ‘Bye Bye’ to All of Evangelion

by Nicholas Dupree & Monique Thomas, Aug 17th 2021

Final Evangelion Film Sets 1st-Day Streaming Record on Amazon in Japan

posted on 2021-08-17 21:22 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Film debuted worldwide on Amazon Prime Video last Friday

1 Like

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION | Ultimate Edition Blu-ray™ Teaser Trailer

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION
From Hideaki ANNO
Follow @GKIDSfilms for more updates!
Pre-order the Ultimate Edition: GKIDS Films

The NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: Ultimate Edition was created by fans as the definitive celebration of one of the most important and influential anime series of all time, featuring exclusive artwork, merch, a 156-page book, and over 7 hours of bonus features. Spread over 11 discs, this set contains the Official Dub and Subtitled versions, and bonus Classic Dub and Subtitled versions.

Strictly limited to 5,000 copies for North America, and sold exclusively through the GKIDS Store, with a limit of 1 per customer.

Featuring:

• Limited Edition Artwork
  • Bonus Classic Dub and Subtitled Versions
  • 156-Page Book
  • Art Boards
  • Sachiel Resin Paperweight
  • NERV ID Card w/ Lanyard

Fans, collectors, and new audiences alike can look forward to August 30th, 2021 for information on forthcoming editions of NEON GENESIS EVANGELION.

2 Likes

I don’t like the upfront charge , no PayPal , and the disc holders sound a bit like a bad idea in the making . No Fly Me to the Moon sucks to ,but it’s to be expected. Sounds like the disc holders are going to be like the Soul Eater or Darker then black book sets Funimation did a while back . At the risk of not getting the ADV dub I’m going to wait for a different release .

Edit : Only has the Director Cut episodes of 21-24 to . :unamused:

1 Like

The End(s) of Evangelion EXPLAINED

by Lynzee Loveridge, Jacki Jing, & James Beckett, Aug 19th 2021

Anime Limited Launches Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Blu-ray for Pre-Order

*posted on 2021-08-19 13:07 EDT by Andrew Osmond&
Set is available for pre-order, pre-order copies will ship from approximately December 6

1 Like

I’m kind of hoping they do 2 different releases, each featuring a different dub version.

Personally Evangelion isn’t my favorite and those who follow me on Twitter know why. I’d like to have a copy just for it’s influence, but not going to pay $300 because I already bought Tylor and SAO WotU this year.

2 Likes

I purchased both of those as well plus Sentai’s LOTGH set and still have Seed Destiny coming in November . Plus at least 4 figures each month for the rest of the year . The rest of the year is pretty much budgeted out already . $300 would not break me ,but also have two more months of unknown slates from Funimation , Discotek , and Sentai to figure in to . While I don’t think Funimation will release much I want Discotek and Sentai have been really hitting my wallet hard as of late .

It’s a sure bet Gkids will be milking this so I don’t doubt a set that better fits in to what I’d like to pay will come . The collector in me hates passing on limited things ,but this set just does not fit right now for me and I’m not really into the packaging even though I like the overall Laserdisc inspired packaging I don’t like the way other parts of it are being done .

If no ADV dub . As someone said earlier to me . Still have the ADV releases for the dub if they don’t .

3 Likes

And it sold out . :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ll be buying the Platinum singles now then.

3 Likes

Keep a eye on Mercari there has been some reasonably priced sets of singles popping up there as of late .

The Holiday set and the tin set are the same disc as the singles . Both are petty hard to find though and you miss out on the little booklets . I only have the extra less thinpak of the platinum release , the original Perfect Collection and the two DC releases ADV did .

2 Likes

From UK distributor:

3 Likes

UK set is actually $39 cheaper shipped for me then the US release . Region B locked though . Plus they take PayPal . Still just going to wait it out though .

Funny how the U.K. company goes ahead and has more printed ,but Gkids says that is enough after 5000 units sold in around 8 hours . Though seeing a lot of if the dub is on one of the other releases canceling or if I like the others packaging better canceling .

4 Likes

The End(s) of Evangelion EXPLAINED

They should print more. I don’t understand limited print runs for a show this iconic.

2 Likes

I agree . There was a lot of people that missed it while at work that day . The UK had another 1000 printed up . Going to ship later then the first batch ,but they at least saw there was demand and arranged more to be made .

I wish Anime Limited had just been able to handle both the UK and US releases . They do a great job with everything .

2 Likes

I’m so angry I lost my Eva Platinum thinkpak years ago. Sentai should have kept that license permanently like Funimation has Dragonball.

3 Likes