No Game No Life

Episode 5 is now live at TAN

Ep. 09

I loved this particular story arc!
They actually put a lot of thought into this one and the direction from the director was rather well done.

-edit-
That being said, since this is a Media Factory title, Sentai really needs to step it up when they release this series and include the OST for it.
It’s just so freakin’ amazing!

Episode 6 is now live at TAN

and what does tama mean?

SAO was just done wrong, and made for the Pokemon generation. it is not even a decent rip-off of .//hack. hell it isn’t even a recent rip-off of the D&D cartoons!

Log Horizon is what SAO should have been. Equal to ./hack series (it gets a top billing for being the first with the idea to have a good story, but drops the ball when it requires ALL the media formats to get the whole story).

NGNL is nothing like either MMO based series and more like D&D cartoons. Being pulled from one world into a “game world”. but neither world is really a real game like The World, or SAO, or Elder Tale. It is a real world with a manipulative little runt running it (Tet = DM). I think some characters are even similar to the D&D ones, but with more depth and Evil built into them since it isn’t a Saturday Morning Cartoon made in Hollywood.

i do wish, like with Log Horizon, they would turn down the perversion because it is more a distraction than an actual touch of comic relief.

i am liking that it isnt jsut all video games but other games incorporated into it. gives me a feel of Hikaro No Go to it since the world

is made up of chess pieces as races

and it incorporates all sorts of games into it, and gives them a twist.

not sure i like Blank, but Shiro and Sora are good characters. If Stephanie would quit being a Stephanie that might help the show a bit. it is inspiring me to make a game about it or mod Risk, sicne that is what they are seeming doing in the world is playing Risk, to some other form of winning land. or maybe modify the one i own which is Axis and Allies to something for that purpose. for more modern gamers, maybe Catan is similar enough to get what i mean that they are doing.

The thing i hate is like Phi Brain (even the dub), in which WE, the viewer, do NOT get to solve anything ourselves because they leave out too much! not so much the cheats they are using to win, but some missing plays and such so we cant tell what might be going on or predict the games outcome.

Hardy boys and Nancy Drew at least let the reader figure it out and see if they were right, but these new “puzzles” based shows just leave the viewer out too much for shock value that i don’t get to enjoy solving anything myself! :angry:

They are making some sort of RPG out of Log Horizon, at least one arc. I could see NGNL being turned into a video game. or maybe even an RPG… hmmm…maybe a board game itself?

tldr; ok so the show is good. bring on the warbeasts!

Episode 7 is now live at TAN

Episode 8 is now live at TAN

Episode 12 –

spoiler

Well, Blank has achieved some of the goal, but not all of it. At least Sora gets his animal girl paradise! LOL But I’d still like to see more, especially how they will finally challenge Tet. I also want to see how Sora and Shiro outwit the other races too. But I’m glad everyone is having fun which is the point of everything. And contact is made with Old Deus – now I really want to see more!

Ep. 12

I loved this series!
If any series from Spring deserves a second season, it would be this one.
Don’t know if it’ll happen soon though, as it only has 6 light novels currently and the anime covered 3-4 of them.

there have been only about a few thousand demands for season 2 of this on crunchy.

spoiler

i am thinking it would be a good idea since only 1 race of 16 has been joined with the Imanity, leaving 14 races to go before they can challenge Tet to a game. leaving it with them challenging the 2nd strongest race there is no telling what could be left to do, but it could always be stretched to another 12 episodes if there isnt that much with some filler with the warbeasts types and Sora trying to collect them all like pokemon and Shiro trying to stop him.

Einstein, Galileo, Da Vinci, and the POG have nothing on ].

There’s been demands for it EVERYWHERE I’ve looked.
It’s just that awesome, which makes it worth it.

Interestingly enough, when they were announcing Spring 2014 titles during the Sentai AX panel for question/answer prizes, the crowd cheers were actually the loudest for NGNL.
With that much enthusiasm from the crowd, I highly expect this will be a dubbed title on release.

with the ever growing demand of gaming and entertainment, and someone putting gaming to use in a good story. albeit a silly one, then it is no wonder NGNL and Log Horizon are going for more. Just hope they can go further than that dumb SAO love drama told through gaming facade.

and when Sora beats the game by outsmarting it and using the rules to the fullest, well the ONLY time I have ever enjoyed a rules-lawyer.

This is another show where a dub is a must since the sub covers and hides so much of the important imagery that helps tell the story. can’t see the chessboard setup cause the words are in the way? too bad! luckily i got the idea, but this is what many subs lose, all the work put into the drawing and animation that they cover, and this show has the artwork in spades. even the drowned out color schemes fit in the places they appear for mood that isnt all emo or goth looking, but more… “Hey im the background so ignore me, but DAMN i am drawn well!” the faded background artwork seems to bring it more to life than make you focus on the characters and it blends really well in this show.

will be sad when the story is short, or if it drags out to no end like MAR and then gets a quick and abrupt ending, but the journey on this one will be fun even if we already know where the end of it has to be.

Careful now, Heliocentrism is not a force to be trifled with!

This show really needs a bluray to be watched. Watching the washed-out, low bitrate Crunchy stream is rather like looking into the Sun. If the bluray came with a dub that evened out the comedy that’d be nice too :slight_smile:

Episode 9 is now live at TAN

Ep 10 has the greyed Sub/Dub tabs - reporting it.

Episode 10 is now live at TAN

Episode 11 is now live at TAN

Episode 12 is now live at TAN

It would have been better to have heard this from a Sentai panel at otakon but it’ll do.

IMO a properly done dub will “unlock” the humor in this one as, try as I might, in the sub I found their solution to beating every game being to go outside the parameters of the game to be tedious.

Blank was really good at bending the rules and cheating and since they were supposed to be master gamers I felt cheated lol.

Q. First I need to say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for dubbing and releasing Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren’t They on Blu ray and DVD. I was literally jumping for joy when that was announced! So my questions are, what caused you to chose this title to dub? Also, I learned that you guys managed to get the right for No game No Life. When could we be expecting a release date for that? Thank you so much once again for bringing over Problem Children!

A. Problem Children was a show that we had a lot of confidence in, judging from the numbers, and since many of us around the office really enjoyed it the first time around, it was an easy decision to make. No Game, No Life was also one of those shows that we couldn’t get enough uf, haha. As for a release date, it’s still way too early to tell, as it just finished airing. It’s a very special show for us though, FYI. :slight_smile: