No Game No Life

Since this is getting a dub, I kind of wanted to reiterate this.
All 3 OSTs would be AMAZING, if Sentai can swing it.
It’s a “very special” show to them as well, so we might see an LE with it, which, if that happens to be the case, it’s even more incentive to try and include the OSTs with the release.

Animation Designer Shares Some “No Game No Life” Work

September 29, 2014 5:44pm CDT

2 Likes

so ashley the social media person that came about like a week before the death of the forums got fired or what because I have seen nothing like the sentai tumblr things copied over to this new forum by anyone other than Slow… the things here and the twitter “caption this” type thing both done by slow…

also. since they have the designs and it is a game that sells vastly more copies in ANY format than Monopoly, why isn’t there a NGNL chess set yet?

Remembering the chess episode of NGNL, I’m thinking that a chess set for this show isn’t the best idea :wink:

Oh come on now! just look at the designs on those pieces! Also it is the ONLY game they played that could be made from the series and sold. the word game has nothing to produce, the VR video game cant be made, all the poker games jsut take decks of cards. Guess they could have “blank” backs to the cards :wink:

There is Star Wars chess, Star Trek 3D chess, and all other forms of chess jsut made from characters in shows. This one has chess as part of the show so it would be foolish if they didn’t make a chess set. Why else have ches in the story rather than Shoji or Go? Chess is the only of those type of games that could have unique NGNL pieces that is in the public domain.

I’d feel let down playing NGNL chess if the pieces weren’t alive and didn’t respond to bombastic voice commands, and if victory didn’t come by unabashedly cheating :smile:

if you cannot play chess like all those ways before NGNL was ever created, you need a bigger imagination. :wink:

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/523219801422835712

Q) Have you guys considered doing a Premium Edition of No Game No Life? I think the box art would look unbelievable!

A) Yes, among a few other shows. :slight_smile:

The premium edition is all well and good, but I’d appreciate it if they’d make sure to also offer a contemporary “normal” edition as well.

“If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em” is not a game plan for competing against AoA :wink:

Being a Media Factory title, if the Premium Edition comes with the 3 OSTs, there would be no question in my mind of which I’d rather have (Premium Edition or Normal).

TBH, I’d probably always rather have the Premium Edition.

Between my shelving crying out for the release with the smallest footprint, too many premiums without corresponding contemporary normals leaves me fearing that buying them will fund Sentai’s transformation into AoA redux. Though to wax philosophical here, can there be a premium edition without a corresponding normal release? :smile:

I definitely approve of OST inclusion.

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/529743109044060161

Our labor of love bore fruit just as the morning light hit us. Yes, @Crunchyroll and I made something special, something beautiful!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/529746646733967360

The “bundle of joy” @Sentaifilmworks is talking about is our No Game No Life: “I Jinrui” t-shirt! Pre-order now: http://bit.ly/1FXak0y

Hopefully this is successful enough to spur them to greatness and bring Chaika attire to the store. Crunchy has teased us with pics of pending Japan-only merch for too long now :wink:

No Game No Life Promo

The promo voice for Shiro being a “stereotypical gruff hero whisper” one, somewhere between Jack Bauer and Nathan Explosion, was humorous IMO.

I decided to resume watching this instead of saving the eps for release time, thanks to TAN’s Anime to be Thankful For persuading me to do so and this anime was complete gaming bliss for me all the way through. I could easily crave more.

The way it ended on a cliffhanger though made me wonder if a second season could happen.

1 Like

@Sentaifilmworks Any news on the No Game No Life blu-Ray release?
7:15 AM - 11 Feb 2015

Sentai Filmworks
.@geekjosh We will have news about that soon!

Will you include the Soundtrack to No Game, No Life? It wasn’t sold outside the JP BDs and I would love it to be included in the Sentai LE Boxset.

We are definitely looking into many ways to make our release of No Game No Life shine as bright as, well, pretty much everything in the show. Duly noted!