One Week Friends / Isshūkan Friends

Nope.
I’m just enjoying the series.

Episode 5 –

spoiler

Kaori still has that silly rule that Yuki can’t speak to her in the classroom, but it seems unnecessary at this point. Kaori believes that this is protecting Yuki from other talking about him – like he cares! Yuki just wishes that Kaori could make other friends as well, although he enjoys being special.

When Yuki gets called to the office and is late for lunch, a classmate named Saki finds Kaori on the roof. Well, Saki had been watching her lately and knew where Kaori would be. Saki tells Kaori that she wants to be friends and I can’t wait to see how Kaori is going to deal with this.

Saki is a bit of an airhead, but once she compliments Kaori and tells her why she wants to be her friend, Kaori becomes frightened, and when Yuki arrives, Kaori hides behind him. Although they are in the same class, Saki doesn’t seem to know Yuki or Shogo, but she does announce that she is Kaori’s friend. Kaori applies the “no speaking to her in class” rule to Saki as well. Saki isn’t sure why she can’t talk to Kaori in class, but agrees before running off. Kaori goes into a bit of a panic and asks Yuki what she should do. Yuki wants to see how things develop.

The next day, Saki does talk to Kaori and when Kaori reminds her of the rule, it turns out that Saki is a bit on the forgetful side. So, Saki asks her why she can’t talk to her and when Kaori gets flustered and unable to explain, so Saki ignores her, and drags her to the next class. This continues and Kaori starts running away from Saki as Yuki watches them from the sidelines.

Kaori confides her dilemma to Yuki. She does want to be Saki’s friend, but she’s also worried about forgetting her. Yuki suggests that Kaori break her rule. Kaori even goes so far as to explain her amnesia situation to Saki, but Saki doesn’t understand. Kaori tries to explain it again, but Saki says that she’s forgetful too, so they’re alike. Not quite what Kaori was expecting, but it works out, and the two become friends.

Yuki is happy, but he feels left out now. He even drags Shogo along with him as he follows the girls on their Friday date. He’s glad the girls are having so much fun, but he also can’t help but feel a little jealous. Kaori later writes everything down in her diary, as she talks with Saki, while Shogo fills Yuki in on Saki’s story. He knew her in elementary school and poor little Saki was bullied. Things were hard for her, but she came through it okay, and Shogo can see how much she’s changed.

The girls part for the weekend and Kaori cries. The watching Yuki has no idea how to help her. On Monday, Kaori doesn’t know Saki. Saki is surprised, but she introduces herself and reminds Kaori of all the fun things they did together, and Kaori does get a flash of memory. Saki’s other friends come over and asked to be introduced. Saki tells them that Kaori’s memory is worse than hers, but they don’t believe her. They talk and the four girls end up laughing together. Yuki is happy to see this too. At one point, Kaori turns around and smiles at Yuki. Shogo tells him that she remembered him! That makes Yuki even happier and he feels that this is a good sign. It looks like Kaori may be making a little progress with her memory loss.

Episode 2 is now live at ANO

I finally sat down and watched this up to date and really enjoy it. It’s a first rate series and seems to deserve all the positive ratings it’s gotten.

I’d have to rate it at least one kleenex box, though. And I’m sure the rest of it will be just the same.

Episode 3 is now live at ANO

Episode 6 –

spoiler

After failing a math test, Yuki begs Kaori to tutor him before the make-up test. She agrees and invites him to her house. Just when the nervous Yuki worries about them being alone together, Saki asks for tutoring as well. Shogo gets dragged along as well. But now Yuki seems disappointed that he won’t be alone with Kaori! LOL

Kaori’s mom is surprised to see her daughter bring friends home. But she’s also very pleased. Kaori takes everyone up to her room. Saki gets distracted and Shogo doesn’t have to study. The study session isn’t going well, and Shogo dozes off, wondering when he can go home. Kaori’s mom brings them refreshments, and Kaori finally gets a chance to introduce everyone.

Kaori is still a little afraid of Shogo, and that makes Saki want them to become friends. Things don’t quite work out, but Kaori says that she’d still like to be his friend someday. But since they’ve been hanging out for a while now, Shogo tells her that they are already friends. That makes Kaori very happy. Later, as they leave for home, Kaori’s mom slips Yuki a note and tells him to read it later. The note requests a meeting with Yuki the following day.

Now, Yuki is nervous about meeting Kaori’s mom alone. And with that, Yuki forgot all about the make-up test! LOL When he arrives at the park, he’s late because of that make-up test, but Kaori’s mom doesn’t mind. She even teases him about being with an older woman. That just makes Yuki more nervous. But then she begins to explain Kaori’s memory problem. Kaori was hit by a car when she was younger. She was unconscious for several days and when she woke up, her friends came to visit her, but she didn’t know who they were. The doctors could not find a cause for her memory loss, or why it applies only to her friends.

Therefore, there must be another reason for her memory loss. Perhaps something had happened with her friends. It seems to be an emotional problem, but Kaori’s mom just doesn’t understand it. Her daughter always had plenty of friends growing up. She made friends easily and enjoyed being with them. Kaori’s mom can’t figure this out. Yuki asks if Kaori was with her friends at the time of the accident. Kaori’s mom says that she was alone, but then remembers that Kaori had gone out to meet an important friend that evening. Yuki didn’t seem to like that, and perhaps he’s a little jealous.

Kaori’s mom and Yuki are glad they spoke about this. Then the woman asks Yuki if he’s held hands with her daughter yet. That really embarrassed him and he says that they are “just friends”. She laughs and says that she hopes he will continue being Kaori’s friend. They part ways and Yuki still wonders how he can help Kaori.

It’s Friday once again, and Kaori is greeted by her classmates and actually responds to them now. Yuki wishes her a good morning as well and she replies. They can speak in class now! And thanks to Kaori’s efforts, Yuki passed his test – just barely. She’s so happy that they are friends. Yuki is too, although he still isn’t sure how to help her. I think he’s doing just fine as he is.

Ep. 06

And some background is presented.

spoiler

Here, we find out from Kaori’s mom that it’s not an actual physical medical issue that is causing her odd memory loss.
And is more likely due to some emotional trauma she suffered before her accident.

Episode 4 is now live at ANO

Episode 7 –

spoiler

Kaori is warming up to her fellow classmates. I think Yuki may be feeling a little left out. She isn’t solely his anymore. He doesn’t even have to ask her to be his friend on Mondays anymore either. Still, he’s happy at her progress. It’s funny too that Kaori’s classmates seem to think that she and Yuki are dating.

Over lunch, Kaori tells Yuki how she’s been making friends. Yuki asks her to help him study for the finals - just the two of them. I think he wants some alone time with her. LOL He’s happy when Kaori agrees. After school, they study in the classroom. Shogo shows up and Yuki drags him away, explaining that he wants time alone with Kaori. Shogo can see that he really likes her. I enjoyed his run-in with Saki too. She will never remember his name!

Study time turns into talking time and Yuki has a slip of the tongue, calling Kaori “cute”. At least she didn’t hear him call her an angel. Things get a little awkward and then Saki shows up. She managed to hear everything that Yuki said, but I suppose she will forget at some point. Kaori watches as Yuki helps Saki and it seems that she likes him too. That telltale blush! Ai and Maiko arrive and take Saki off to the library.

It’s Monday again and Shogo says that it’s almost time for summer vacation. Yuki is very down. He’s not sure what to do about Kaori. He’s worried that she will completely forget him over the break. Shogo tells Yuki that he should just talk to her about it, but Yuki wimps out on that suggestion. He then says that Yuki should invite her to do some things over the break and that seems to cheer Yuki up.

When he tries to bring up summer vacation with Kaori, she tells him that she will be going on trips with her dad. That just tosses Yuki back into despair. And he never does mention it again. I laughed when he told Shogo that he’s a “man of action”. Shogo doesn’t believe it either and urges him to go talk to Kaori. It must be a lot of work to keep giving Yuki these little pushes!

Yuki catches up to Kaori and asks to meet her over the break. Why was he so surprised when she agreed? LOL Kaori is just as bad. She just took it for granted that she would see Yuki. She takes his hand and promises to hang out with him. On the day when they are supposed to meet, Yuki realizes that they never picked a spot to meet. He goes to Kaori’s house, but her mother tells him that Kaori already left.

Thankfully, Yuki realized where Kaori might be - on the school roof of course. And that is exactly where he finds her. It’s Monday too and Yuki asks about her memories. She tells him that she read her diary, but she also felt like they had already met. Kaori takes Yuki’s hand and says that she knows him. And that’s a good thing! I think Yuki feels close to her again. There was never any real reason for him to feel left out anyway. He’s been such an integral part of her world and her memories for a while now.

There is a really sweet scene after the credits. Kaori gives Yuki cookies for his birthday. She wrote it down after hearing Shogo mention it loudly to someone. Shogo at work again! LOL Yuki asks her how she feels about him and she tells him that she likes him. Once again, Yuki is surprised. He isn’t sure how to respond, but then he thinks about it and asks Kaori if she likes Shogo and Saki as well. She does. Then Yuki asks if she like math. She does. Well, that takes care of that! Yuki breathes a sigh of relief! LOL

Looks like a shoe might drop in Episode 9. But so far I love the heck out of this show.

Episode 5 is now live at ANO

I was right, but was already expecting it. Shoe, leg, whole body drops in episode 9.

I had intended to wait for this series to finish and go back and watch it in one shot, but I find I can’t wait, each Sunday I go over and watch the latest episode. in part because is he ever going to kiss her? the last couple of episodes, I don’t think she would have minded too much.

Episode 8 –

spoiler

Kaori wants to go to the beach! She always wanted to go to the beach with friends. Yuki is pleased until she also wants to invite Shogo and Saki. Yuki tries to make an excuse not to invite them and once Kaori says she’d be uncomfortable going with only him, it was funny to see how fast Yuki decided to invite them!

Well, Yuki was correct in telling Kaori that Shogo would be to lazy to go. It took a while to talk him into it. Shogo was able to get in touch with Saki, but I wonder if these two will actually show up. LOL Shogo does, but Yuki wasn’t able to sleep. Kaori arrives and she wasn’t able to sleep either. Shogo reminded Saki, so she shows up as well.

It’s a long trip and of course, as soon as they arrive, it begins to pour rain. Saki begins to play on the beach anyway and eventually they end up in an arcade to wait out the rain. Being in an arcade is another first for Kaori, so Yuki tries to win her a prize at the crane game. When Yuki fails, Shogo ends up winning a prize for both girls in one shot! After taking pictures that Kaori was very pleased with, it’s noticed that the rain has stopped.

Saki knows that Yuki likes Kaori more than a friend. Shogo tries to see how Kaori feels about Yuki. She doesn’t know what a feeling of jealousy is and Shogo isn’t even going to try and explain. But he does try to nudge Yuki into the next step. Left alone, Kaori and Yuki take a walk along the beach. That was a little awkward. LOL Later that evening, the kids light up fireworks and Kaori has another wonderful memory to record in her diary. And it looks like there’s a new kid in town.

Episode 6 is now live at ANO

Episode 9 –

spoiler

It’s the last day of summer vacation and of course it’s time to do homework. Shogo already finished all of his assignments and Kaori only has a few left. Naturally, Yuki and Saki haven’t done any of it. Before she even starts working, Saki takes a break to watch TV and drags Kaori off with her.

Kaori’s mother tells Yuki that her daughter is so happy and having so much fun. She’s even looking forward to school starting again. Kaori really has changed since meeting Yuki. It was really funny when mom asked Yuki if he and Kaori were “more then friends”. That really embarrassed Yuki!

It seems that Shogo has a little bit of a history with Saki that goes back to elementary school. He really is a nice guy. But it looks like Saki is thinking about his help in the wrong way. LOL And Kaori has helped Yuki finish up his homework too. She also thanks him for happy summer memories. Thanks to Yuki, Kaori is no longer afraid to make friends either. It was funny when Yuki fell on top of Kaori and mom caught the kids in one of “those” positions. LOL No amount of explaining made mom change her mind about what happened!

It’s the first day of school and Kaori feels like something good will happen. A seat change has Yuki sitting next to Kaori. Well, that’s something good! The day also brings a transfer student, Hajime Kujo. He’s seated on the other side of Kaori and he knows her. Unfortunately, Kaori doesn’t remember him and that annoys him a bit. He tells Kaori that she had once broken a promise to him and calls her a traitor. She must have suddenly remembered something, for Kaori says the boy’s name and faints dead away!

Kaori wakes up in the nurse’s office with Yuki by her side. He asks her how she feels and tells her how much she scared him when she fainted. Yuki tells her that Saki and Shogo are concerned as well. Kaori thanks him for worrying about her and asks him who he is. Oh no! She lost her memories again. Yuki reaches out to her and Kaori pulls back in fear. Yuki is devastated. Kaori has lost everything again!

Episode 7 is now live at ANO

Episode 8 is now live at ANO

you saved me the time from having to look it up cause i knew i had heard this story somewhere before. also saves me the time from watching yet another one since ef was crap. Amnesia was so far the best amnesia based show, and it wasn’t even al that good because it wasn’t even about amnesia but dimension hopping!

This series is nothing even remotely like the pile of crap that was ef.

And here I thought I was the only one who wasn’t really feeling ef. :wink: