AN Forums

Persona (anime franchise)

Wow, people are already complaining that Sentai hasn’t announced the street date for this yet. I think that may be a record…lol

I think the last Japanese volume is not due out to sometime in the summer or fall so I expect winter 2012 or early 2013. Geez though. This is why I’ve come to not like video game fans combined with Anime fans. You get double the butt and double the hole.

:silly: :blink: :huh:

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/In-Order-to-Find-the-Truth/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 23 is now LIVE![/b]

[quote=“psychopuppet”]

I think the last Japanese volume is not due out to sometime in the summer or fall so I expect winter 2012 or early 2013. Geez though. This is why I’ve come to not like video game fans combined with Anime fans. You get double the butt and double the hole.[/quote]

Hey! I’m both a video game fan and an anime fan, and I’m not complaining. Mind you, I don’t have any money right now, but even if I did there are plenty of other things I’d like to get so I’d be willing to wait.

[quote=“celestial_being”]

:silly: :blink: :huh:[/quote]

Corrected my original post. I meant “hasn’t announced.” LOLZ!

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/The-World-is-Full-of-Sh*t/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 24 is now LIVE![/b]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-29/persona-4-10th-bd-dvd-to-include-true-end-episode
[size=20]Persona 4’s 10th BD, DVD to Include ‘True End Episode’[/size]
posted on 2012-03-29 16:00 EDT

Final disc also to include director’s cut version of episode 25

The 25th and final episode of the Persona 4 The Animation television anime series revealed on Thursday at the end of the episode that the series’ 10th Blu-ray Disc will include both a director’s cut version of the 25th episode and a “True End Episode” titled “No One is Alone.” The original Persona 4 video game for the PlayStation 2 itself had multiple endings based on the decisions made by the player.

The 10th Blu-ray Disc is slated to be released in Japan on August 22.

Sentai Filmworks licensed the television anime series in September, and it plans to release the series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc this year. The Anime Network is streaming the series as it airs in Japan.

Now the question becomes… Is this included in Sentai’s license?

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/We-Can-Change-The-World/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 25 (Finale) is now LIVE![/b]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/04/09/persona-4-games-english-cast-surprised-by-sentai-filmworks-announcement
[size=20]Persona 4 Game’s English Cast Surprised by Sentai Filmworks Announcement[/size]
April 09, 2012 8:07pm CDT
Voice actors report not being contacted by Sentai Filmworks before or after Saturday’s announcement at Anime Boston

Last Saturday, I reported that Sentai Filmworks had confirmed that it would bring back the dub cast for the Persona 4 game in order to dub the forthcoming home video release. As it turns out, that confirmation came as a surprise to the majority of the game’s original cast as well, with a few reporting that they had not been contacted by Sentai Filmworks to reprise their respective roles, before or after the announcement was made.

Yuri Lowenthal released the following statement to AnimeVice correspondent Nick Robinson earlier today:
“I don’t know what Sentai’s up to, I’m sorry to say.” “Yikes, I’ve heard back from half a dozen cast members, and none of us have been contacted.”

Cast member Michelle Ann Dunphy had a similar response tinged with optimism regarding her return:
“To be honest, I don’t think Sentai has spoken with any of us,” “I’d be psyched to come back and play Margaret and Ayane again in the anime, but as of right now? I won’t count my eggs before they’ve hatched.” “I love how different these roles are, and hope that what Sentai says is true and that we’ll all be returning to our roles for the anime,”

To make matters more confusing, another member of the game’s cast in Karen Strassman has confirmed that she had indeed reprised her role in the game for the anime as well as the upcoming Persona 4 Arena as late as last month.
"(I’ve) been recording hours of lines for Aigis and Nanako all through the month of March, and (I’m headed) back in the studio to record more on Tuesday!" she said. “I’m so wonderfully happy to be finding these characters again. I think people are really going to love this one!”

When contacted for further clarification, Sentai Filmworks rep Mike Bailiff had only this statement to give:
“accurate, except for one cast member (Kuma/Teddie, voiced by Dave Wittenberg) who is unavailable.”

When asked why the cast members were not informed prior to or after the confirmation, he could not provide an answer.

With this information now coming out, this puts the original announcement into question and suggests that Sentai Filmworks had neglected to inform the cast of their plans to begin with, raising more questions than answers regarding the handling of the English dub. What does everyone else think?

UPDATE: Karen Strassman has sent along a statement clarifying her recent voice work being done specifically for Persona 4 Arena and has further confirmed that she has done no work on Persona 4 The Animation, nor has she heard from Sentai regarding reprising her roles in the original game:

“Oh geez, I goofed. I’ve been recording ARENA. I know absolutely nothing about the “ANIMATION.” Sorry, didn’t read ur email closely enough. Haven’t heard a peep from Sentai about any of this either. Wow, very weird. -karen.”

It could be that Sentai has contracted someone, likely Bang Zoom, for the dub and they are in charge of getting the cast back. They may have informed Sentai that they have the cast back, but haven’t signed any deals yet. At least, that’s my best guess. I suppose we will find out.

I was scratching my head with this one. Was wondering what happened. Cody’s theory makes a lot of sense though. I Guess we’ll see…or not.

Sentai’s motto: SNAFU

Situation Normal. All :whistle: :blink:

pretty bad when the cast doesnt hear about it. hope it works out cause i am curious WHAT IS PERSONA!?!?!?! and a dub would really help explain that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Cody may have got the core of the issue.

Likely the cast has been contacted / contracted by a third party - Bang Zoom? - and may not even know what specific Anime it is that they are dubbing yet. Especially if it was say based on them being on a retainer of some kind from earlier.

Just wild guesses in the dark.

Mark Gosdin

Regardless, the show just stopped airing last week. Sentai likely won’t even have the production materials for a few weeks, at the earliest (and that’s very optimistic.) I think it’s a little early to hit the panic button. :wink:

Persona 4 Anime Compiled Into 90-Minute Film with New Cuts

posted on 2012-05-27 11:00 EDT
Persona 4 The Animation -The Factor of Hope- to play in 10 theaters with “True End”

When I was looking up more information about the film I found the official picture of the movie so I thought I’ll post it here for everyone to see

Does it help to play the game? I mean, I’ve seen anime based off games, just I find it hard to enjoy them.

https://www.facebook.com/ErinFitzFanPage/posts/10150847618866058: