Prince of Tennis / Tennis no Ōji-sama

Prince of Tennis

Genres: comedy, tournament
Themes: bishounen, school, sports, tennis
Objectionable content: None
Plot Summary: Echizen Ryoma is a young tennis prodigy who has won 4 consecutive tennis championships but who constantly lies in the shadow of his father, a former pro tennis player. He joins the Seishun Gakuen junior highschool, one of the best tennis schools in Japan, and there along with his teamates he learns to find his own type of tennis in an attempt to defeat his biggest obstacle of all: his father as well as himself.
Number of episodes: 178
Vintage: 2001-10-10 to 2005-03-30

ANN Info Page

Prince of Tennis II

Genres: tournament
Themes: tennis
Plot Summary: The Seigaku tennis club has been invited to train at the U-17 (Under 17) camp. Seigaku is one of the 50 middle schools invited and must compete with high school players to prove they are just as good.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2012-01-04

ANN Info Page

The Prince of Tennis II: U-17 World Cup

Plot Summary: When tennis phenom Ryoma Echizen is kicked out of Japan’s elite U-17 training camp for breaking the rules, he’s despondent. But a stroke of good luck hits when he’s able to try out for the U.S. team. Proving himself against their hardened veterans isn’t going to be easy, and if he is accepted, he’ll have to play against his former friends.
Number of Episodes: 13
Vintage: 2022-07-06

ANN Info Page

The Prince of Tennis II: U-17 World Cup Semifinal

Vintage: 2024-10

ANN Info Page

The Prince of Tennis OVA: A Day on Survival Mountain Vintage: 2003
The Prince of Tennis Movie: A Gift from Atobe Vintage: 2005-01-29
The Prince of Tennis Movie: Two Samurais, The First Game Vintage: 2005-01-29
The Prince of Tennis OVA: The National Tournament Vintage: 2006-03-24
The Prince of Tennis OVA: The National Tournament Semifinals Vintage: 2007-06-22
The Prince of Tennis OVA: The National Tournament Final Vintage: 2008-04-25
The Prince of Tennis OVA: Another Story Vintage: 2009-05-26
The Prince of Tennis Movie: Eikoku-shiki Teikyū-jō Kessen! Vintage: 2011-08-14
The Prince of Tennis OVA: Another Story II Vintage: 2011-08-26
The Prince of Tennis II OVA vs. Genius 10 - Vintage: 2014-10-28
The Prince of Tennis II Hyotei vs Rikkai Game of Future (movies) - Vintage: 2021-02-13
Ryoma! The Prince of Tennis (movie) - Vintage: 2021-09-03

maybe i am the only one that likes the Seigaku tennis players cause i dont see a thread for this series at all…

was watching the naruto episodes on a site that maybe not to mention on here, since i dont know what to mention or not, but i think they are a legal site with sorta simulcasting…anyway…

i noticed the New Prince of Tennis and it seems to be a 2012 release. good to see Ryoma, Viper, Momo, and the rest of the gang back at it. wish this has gone farther than CN took it.

good shows like this that aren’t focused on T&A not appearing in the US or being popular must mean that the NA market is still “mada mada dane”…

and i didnt even see a topic here about this, and dont think it is something TAN has or ever had so this should be the right place for it.

It was Viz that released it here. Well the first 50 episodes. Sales were really low and ratings were to . They got up to 50 episodes on Toonami Jetstream and for DVD releases. The new series is on Crunchy so. It’s all sports shows that don’t do well here. No one really knows why they just don’t.

probably because how drawn out they are for many, and the fact NOBODY ever finishes a series like prince of tennis. whow ants to buy an incomplete collection and half a story?

Hikaru No Go actually went all the way through and was a good series.

maybe the lack of females in many of the sports shows cause the lull in viewers? sad there are some good ones out there. :frowning:

Well, I loved the original series but am not a big fan of the new one. There’s a couple reasons for that. One being that there isn’t even a lot of tennis. Matches were even cut, apparently. Not that you can even call what’s going on tennis anymore. It has been a little out there for a long time but it’s a bit much now. All the new stuff seems a little one dimensional. Also not sure how well it meshes with the rest of the series.

As for sports series in general, I usually like them anyway. Can’t think of one I don’t like off hand other than The Knight in the Area. Stopped watching that after the third episode and will probably never touch it again. Usually like game series (like Hikaru no Go) as well. Haven’t managed to get past episode 8 of Cardfight!! Vanguard, though, it was just too dull.

prince of tennis is kinda old now, it’s just not as good anymore

…Sentai could always come in and release the rest as sub-only.

New Prince of Tennis Manga Gets TV Anime

posted on 2011-08-22 08:24 EDT
Takeshi Konomi’s new manga continues story after original Prince of Tennis manga

Mamoru Miyano, Hiroki Yasumoto Join Prince of Tennis II Video Anime Cast

posted on 2014-07-01 14:01 EDT
OVA will be the story of the U-17 Japanese representatives at a training camp

Prince of Tennis II Gets 2nd OVA Volume in December

posted on 2014-09-02 02:00 EDT
Ōishi & Niō pair up while Yukimura faces Fuwa in episodes 3 & 4

So they can’t just let it die, they have to drag it across the ground for 2 years or more? This is becoming pathetic like American TV the way things are being done. This is pretty much like Bleach and Inuyasha (which I still haven’t seen the ending of!). Can anyone in this world finish what they start?

Ryoma is old news, now it is all about Maruo. Too little too late for me!

Prince of Tennis II Gets 3rd OVA Volume in February

posted on 2014-10-30 04:00 EDT
Episodes 5 & 6 to feature “The Strongest Pair” & “Betrayal and Bargaining”

New Titles: Prince of Tennis II OVA

June 11, 2015

Crunchyroll Streams Prince of Tennis II Original Video Anime

posted on 2015-06-21 01:30 EDT
Also adds dubbed Digimon, Sword Art Online, Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica to catalog

Crunchyroll Adds “The Prince of Tennis II OVA vs. Genius 10”

June 26, 2015 12:00pm CDT
Episodes 1-10 will be available starting June 26 at noon Pacific

The Prince of Tennis II Gets Fan Disc With Hōkago Picture Drama, Short Anime

posted on 2015-09-02 05:15 EDT
December 24 disc with new talk show, new The Prince of After School picture drama, Animate short anime

Prince of Tennis Creator Hints of Keigo Project 14 Years in the Making

posted on 2015-10-07 17:45 EDT by Carlos Cadorniga

Fans of hit sports manga bury creator’s office with Valentine’s chocolate for its characters

posted February 16, 2016
The comic’s handsome men might not have such slender, athletic builds if they actually ate all those sweets.

TeniPuri Festa Will Declare Series’ Best Character Songs Out of 800

posted on 2016-06-04 21:45 EDT by Amanda Whalen

Prince of Tennis II’s Ryō Shishido Character Gets 2nd CD After 10 Years

posted on 2016-09-26 13:45 EDT by Amanda Ellard

Prince of Tennis Gets New Anime Film Project Set After Original Manga

posted on 2016-10-16 10:48 EDT
Creator Takeshi Konomi is executive producer on “untold” story set before Shin manga

Shueisha to Start Accepting This Year’s Valentine’s Day Chocolates for “The Prince of Tennis” Characters

February 03, 2017 10:15pm CST
White Day gifts from the characters may be sent back to the fans

Prince of Tennis’ Tezuka, Fuji Release 1st Duet CD Single in 9 Years

posted on 2017-02-15 13:45 EST by Jennifer Sherman

“The Prince of Tennis” Manga Author Shows This Year’s Piles of Valentine Chocolates

February 16, 2017 2:20am CST
The publisher received 10 times more than expected

Morning Show Recreates Fuji’s ‘White Whale’ Technique From Prince of Tennis

posted on 2017-03-02 20:45 EST by Jennifer Sherman