Princess Resurrection / Kaibutsu Ōjo

I don’t know what funimation was thinking when they made those awful cardboard viridian collections with the pages with the slits for the DVDs. I agree that those are pretty awful and I have no idea how they made it past any sort of quality assurance. They did have more artwork in and on them than the Sentai stack packs do. Though they have no strength and are easily squished and damaged in storage, as mine show.

Funi seems to have learned that the cardboard slip sleeve viridian cases are awful as they moved from those (Kiddy Grade) to the much superior plastic + cardboard viridian cases for shows like Speed Grapher and Witchblade. Now they have the multi-disc cases which I think are the best release method around.

Cmon Sentai, give us some better cases. I’d much rather have thin packs as then I get easy DVD removal and more artwork, artwork that is prime for autographs. :wink:

(also, I wish Sentai wouldn’t release blurays which require player updates. Infinite stratos won’t play nice with powerdvd 9)

You’re going to have that with most blurays. At least they’re not as bad as Fox and their constant change of DRM software on blurays. :p. Also, I have to post pics of the digipack I have from Alliance. It doesn’t look too bad, but it really is the worst DVD case of all time. Warner used ones that overlapped, but at least one of the discs was elevated. Not so with Alliance’s.

I’m not sure who I blame for the blu ray snafu. I like the HD capacity, but sometimes it is easier to download rips than to watch the bluray (obviously I’d only consider rips of what I own), and that’s just absurd.

Do I blame Sony and the other members of the bluray consortium for having such hostile drm? Do I blame Sentai or whoever presses their blurays for going along with the hostile drm?

Or do I blame powerdvd for not supporting the new drm on version 9 but supporting it on the newest version, and trying to extort 50 bucks out of us for the new version? If not for the IS screw up I wouldn’t have cared about the drm as it didn’t really affect me.

I think the blame goes to Sony as if not for them and their ilk we could have prevalent freeware bluray software included in a codec pack like the CCCP. Sony is so anti-consumer that they’re a great scapegoat even if they aren’t at fault.

Episodes 1-13 (Dub) are live at ANO

Episodes 14-26 :end: (Dub) are live at ANO

18 months…better late than never.

So this thought just popped into my head:

Hiro’s character is utterly useless in combat, but he insta-heals. So then, couldn’t they turn him into a vampire and give him the improved abilities that come along with that with none of the downsides; would his immortality power allow him to survive sunlight?

Reirei already vamped him. Remember episode 5?

Episode 5 kinda got me thinking about this, though I don’t remember if he survived daylight in that episode. Did he?

I was thinking something more along the lines of what they did for Liza in order to sneak her through Vampire-ville later on in the series, a setup where Hiro would still have his wits about him instead of being the mindless assassin zombie that he was when he was turned into a vampire the first time.

If only this show had continued…

Nope, they didn’t make it all the way to morning before Hime unvamped him. As for the last point, I agree.

Well you’re looking at 25 ep DVD vs 13 ep. Blu-Ray so it’s not surprising…

really good show,bad ending…

1 Like

Finally, I can see this again :grin:

At least this one deserves the Mature rating :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Complete Series Cover/Disc Art

Blu-ray

1 Like

One Disc to hold them all…

1 Like

Princess Resurrection Official Trailer

2 Likes