Puella Magi Madoka Magica / Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica

Ok, now I want to see this one as well!

This probably won’t last long since Sony Music Japan International Inc. has been cracking down heavily on the Madoka Magica stuff, but here’s the Kalifina ED PV.

[video type=youtube]Ek7n0JWhYp0[/video]

From all the clips I’ve seen thus far, this is by far the best series of the season.
Bar none.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-02-21/fans-make-puella-magi-madoka-magica-flash-game
[size=20]Fans Make Puella Magi Madoka Magica Flash Game[/size]
posted on 2011-02-21 23:57 EST
Homu-Homu Jump based on 3rd episode of Akiyuki Shinbo-directed TV anime

Anime fans Munegon and tutty0 have launched a Flash game based on the third episode of Akiyuki Shinbo’s television anime series Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The game is titled Homu-Homu Jump. Players take control of character Akemi Homura as she jumps from platform to platform while escaping death from a giant caterpillar witch. Moving the mouse aims the jump; clicking and holding sets the power behind the jump, and releasing launches the jump.

Whenever the player dies, the game offers an opportunity to post the player’s score to Twitter. The game’s creators suggest using the Twitter hash tag #hmhm_jump to post high scores.

###Full Moon Manga’s Tanemura Posts Madoka Magica Art
posted on 2011-03-04 16:10 EST
Arina Tanemura’s Twitter art of Akiyuki Shinbo/Gen Urobuchi/Ume Aoki’s magical girl

Finally found a fairly good AMV that isn’t spoilerific, but still gives a good idea what the series is like.

[video type=youtube]VwVZINmeB4A[/video]

[size=16]Bah![/size]
With each passing ep. (currently at ep. 10) it’s getting harder and harder to wait for a legal way to watch it!

Especially when everybody commenting on the current ep. is saying things like this:

Comment 1:

Comment 2:

Comment 3:

[quote]Holy sweet Jesus and mother Mary that was insanely epically awesome!!!
SO much WIN!!! GAAAAAHHH!![/quote]

I’ve wanted to watch this since the word ‘go’, but come on!
No one wanted to pick this up?? Really??? No one???

That last part is perhaps a bit unfair on my part, since I don’t really know the asking price for the license.
But dammit!
I don’t think I can name a single title I ever wanted to watch more than this one, and it fell through the cracks for this seasons simulcasts/announced pickups.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-16/this-week-madoka-magica-not-aired-in-self-restraint
[size=20]This Week’s Madoka Magica Not Aired in ‘Self-Restraint’[/size]
posted on 2011-03-16 01:11 EDT
3 stations that run Puella Magi Madoka Magica will not air episodes this week

The official website of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica television anime series announced on Wednesday that the Japanese television stations CBC, MBS, and TBS will not air their scheduled broadcasts of the anime this week due to “self-restraint.”

The Japanese services Nico Nico Douga and BIGLOBE’s Anime One will still stream episode 10 as scheduled. TBS had already removed the 10th episode from its schedule last week due to news coverage of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

Update: Koji Yamamoto, Fuji TV’s producer for its late-night Noitamina timeslot, reported on Twitter that Noitamina will still run its programming on Thursday as of the current schedule.

Update 2: Madoka Magica series script supervisor Gen Urobuchi apologized to everyone waiting to see the anime, but said that he is relieved for the delay. He explained that the anime studio SHAFT would work to the last minute on every episode — just hours before the first airing of each episode on Thursday evening (early Friday morning) in the Kanasai area on MBS. The creation of drawings for episodes 11 and 12 has been difficult, and Urobuchi thinks that airing episode 11 in the form that it is now would be “disappointing.” Urobuchi and producer Atsuhiro Iwakami agree that the extra time will allow the staff to do their best.

I saw the first 3 episodes of this anime at Wasabi in Denver…Episode 1 and 2 were pretty good, episode 3 made me fall in love with this anime, and im willing to make a wish to Kyubey for it to continue to completion.

[quote=Nazzul]
and im willing to make a wish to Kyubey for it to continue to completion.[/quote]

You might want to watch a bit more before saying that…

[quote=mitamaking]

[quote=Nazzul]
and im willing to make a wish to Kyubey for it to continue to completion.[/quote]

You might want to watch a bit more before saying that…[/quote]

He is at episode 10…

[quote=Nazzul]
I saw the first 3 episodes of this anime at Wasabi in Denver…Episode 1 and 2 were pretty good, episode 3 made me fall in love with this anime…[/quote]

Ep. 03 is the first of many “Shit just got real” moments.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-03-18/shinbo-tomino-want-to-do-new-madoka-magica-ideon
[size=20]Interest: Shinbo Wants to Do New Madoka Magica[/size]
posted on 2011-03-18 22:45 EDT
Director Akiyuki Shinbo discuss side stories, all-new story plans

In an article devoted to the ongoing Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime in the 34th issue (2011 Spring/April) of Asukashinsha’s Quarterly S magazine on Tuesday, director Akiyuki Shinbo revealed that he wants to do a “Madoka 2” project as a side story to the anime series. While he said that writer Gen Urobuchi’s plot scenarios and story for the anime series are excellent, he thinks that the characters’ personalities are also well-developed with Ume Aoki’s designs and the voice cast’s talent. Therefore, he wants to do an ordinary slice-of-life story with the characters instead.

When the interviewer suggested that a different, “heartwarming” version of the story might be enjoyable to watch, Shinbo responded that such a version could have a bath scene, deal with the teacher Kazuko Saotome’s romantic life, or cover the attempt of Madoka’s mother to join a company. He added that if he can, he would like to do a second season or a side story of their characters’ daily lives.

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=mitamaking]

[quote=Nazzul]

He is at episode 10…[/quote]

How do you know what episode I am on :ohmy:

Don’t worry without spoiling anything I know what happens for those who make the contract.

[quote=Nazzul]

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=mitamaking]

[quote=Nazzul]

Don’t worry without spoiling anything I know what happens for those who make the contract.[/quote]

Mother Slow Knows All!

[quote=Nazzul]

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=mitamaking]

[quote=Nazzul wrote]

Don’t worry without spoiling anything I know what happens for those who make the contract.[/quote]

Oops, sorry! Thought he was talking to Coffee God…

:laugh: I thought you had some sort of insight on what I was watching.

[quote=Slowhand]
Oops, sorry! Thought he was talking to Coffee God…[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better (or worse, depending), I actually hadn’t seen any of it at the time you said that.

That being said though, this is one of those series that you really can’t talk much about (unless everyone is watching it) without giving away tons of spoilers.

I will say this however, everything I’ve read about it and assumed about it from the begining, is just spot on!
This series is by far the best series of the season, and if it ends well in the next 2 eps. it’ll go on my top 5 list, right under Black Lagoon as number 2.

[size=16]It’s just that awesome![/size]

It really is a shame that this one wasn’t picked up from the get go, though hopefully someone will pick it up in the near future (hopefully Sentai), as this one definitely reserves a spot in my collection, and I think deserves to be watched by all.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-23/madoka-magica-airing-streaming-delayed-for-now
[size=20]Madoka Magica’s Airing, Streaming Delayed ‘For Now’ (Updated)[/size]
posted on 2011-03-23 07:25 EDT
1st 5 DVD/BD volumes each delayed one month

The official website of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica television anime series announced on Wednesday that the future airings and streams of the anime has been delayed “for now.” Any news about the resumption of broadcasts or streams will be announced on the official website.

In addition, each of the first five Blue-ray Disc and DVD volumes have been delayed one month:

Volume Old Date -> New Date
Volume 1 March 30 -> April 27
Volume 2 April 27 -> May 25
Volume 3 May 25 -> June 22
Volume 4 June 22 -> July 27
Volume 5 July 27 -> August 24

The staff have already revealed that they have been working on episodes 11 and 12, and the 11th episode was scheduled to be streamed this week before the announcements. However, the official website does not list a Blu-ray or DVD release for the volume containing these episodes. The third volume of the manga version has also been delayed to a date to be announced.

Update: The official Twitter account of the anime reports that while the regular broadcast has changed, the staff is still aiming for the middle of April to get through the final episode.

I wish I could believe the was because of the earthquake but remember Bakemonogatari