Puella Magi Madoka Magica / Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica

[quote=mitamaking]
I wish I could believe the was because of the earthquake but remember Bakemonogatari[/quote]
It’s hard to say whether it was the earthquake or SHAFT, or both.
Though sad that it’s delayed, it does look like they are still going to air it.

That being said though, I would find it rather fitting if they ended it on Walpurgisnacht considering the content.

I just hope that the delay isn’t something to do with a re-write, considering the nihilistic nature of the story and series thus far.

[size=16]Right on!![/size]

I was hoping Gen’s Twitter post was Madoka related…

And it was indeed!

[quote]Broadcasting Announces Date 2011.4.10

Since Episode 11 (TBS, CBC and later in the Episode 10) has been confirmed time and date of broadcast.

More stations are as follows.
MBS · · · 4 / 21 (Thu) 26:40 Episode 12 - Episode 11 Marathon
TBS · · · 4 / 21 (Thu) 27:00 - Marathon Episode 11 Episode 12 Episode 10
CBC · · · 4 / 24 (Sun) 26:45 - Marathon Episode 11 Episode 12 Episode 10

Sorry to have kept you waiting long.

Thank you for your continued support.[/quote]

Madoka returns!

Looks like they revamped the homepage again.

It’s actually much more apropos now, and not as misleading of the series as the previous incarnation.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-04-12/madoka-magica-fans-plan-bus-tour-to-catch-finale
[size=20]Interest: Madoka Magica Fans Plan Bus Tour to Catch Finale[/size]
posted on 2011-04-12 12:30 EDT
TV anime’s last episodes to air in Osaka & Tokyo 3 days before central Japan

A group of Japanese fans are planning a possible bus tour to catch the finale of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica television anime series in the first areas to air them. The anime’s final episodes had been pre-empted out of “self-restraint” in the aftermath of the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake (Higashi Nihon Daishinsai) disaster, and then delayed temporarily.

The MBS television station in Osaka’s Kansai area will run the 11th and 12th episodes back-to-back on Thursday, April 21 at 26:40 (effectively Friday, April 22 at 2:40 a.m.) The TBS television station in Tokyo’s Kanto area will run the 10th, 11th, and 12th episodes on April 21 at 27:00 (April 22 at 3:00 a.m.)

However, CBC, the station that serves Nagoya and other cities in the central Japanese region of Chubu, will not air the last three episodes until Sunday, April 24 at 26:45 (Monday, April 25 at 2:45 a.m.). Rather than wait three days, Chubu fans on the social networking site mixi are organizing a possible bus tour to the areas showing the episodes first. According to a mixi topic posted on Tuesday, the fans will charter a bus if at least 10 people sign up.

Looks like a couple music/computer savvy people whipped up their version of the soundtrack!
Though it’s definitely noticable that they are using a midi-mixer, it actually turned out rather awesome.

After watching it all, I decided it’s best to put it in spoiler, since some of the pics used are spoilers.
So, watch it at your own risk if you haven’t seen the series, or completely ignore the video and just listen to it as background music while you’re doing something else.

That music was amazing! Nice find!

[size=20]Madoka Magica’s Kyubey Plush Toy, Cosplay Suit Offered[/size]
posted on 2011-04-22 13:00 EDT
Delayed Puella Magi Oriko Magica side story manga to ship on May 12

The June issue of ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Hobby Magazine is reporting on Monday that Banpresto will offer a Kyubey plush toy from the recently concluded ‘Puella Magi Madoka Magica’ magical girl anime series in August. The apparently life-size plush toy of the polarizing character stands about 21 centimeters (8 inches) tall, and it will be the “B Prize” in its ‘Ichiban Kuji’ lottery line. People who want the toy must buy tickets and hope they win it among the other prizes in the ‘Ichiban Kuji’ line, such as the super-deformed Kyun Chara World figures of the ‘Madoka Magica’ characters.

In a separate development, the cosplay shop Fragment is offering a Kyubey kigurumi costume suit. The 14,800-yen (US$181) fleece outfit comes with plastic ornamentation, a Velcro opening, and a zippered pocket on the back.

The delayed first volume of Kuroe (Chloe) Mura’s ‘Puella Magi Oriko Magica’ side story manga now has a May 12 release date. The third volume of Hanokage’s main ‘Puella Magi Madoka Magica’ manga will also ship next month.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-22/madoka-magica-finale-earns-2.3-percent-rating-in-osaka-area
[size=20]News: Madoka Magica Finale Earns 2.3% Rating in Osaka Area[/size]
posted on 2011-04-22 06:00 EDT
22.6% of Kansai households watching TV at 3:10 a.m. were watching final episode

The survey firm Video Research reports that the 12th and final episode of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica television anime series earned a 2.3% rating in Osaka’s Kansai area early Friday morning. In addition, 22.6% of the Kansai households with a television on at 3:10 a.m. were watching the final episode of this magical girl anime.

The anime’s producers were planning to air the final episode at the end of March in the anime’s usual timeslot at 1:25 a.m. However, the anime’s final episodes had been pre-empted out of “self-restraint” in the aftermath of the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake (Higashi Nihon Daishinsai) disaster, and then delayed temporarily. Osaka’s MBS station was the first station in Japan to air the final two episodes of the anime, followed by Tokyo’s TBS station about an hour later.

Tons of people must have been all blurry-eyed when they went into work Friday morning!

[size=20]Interest: Nuclear Job Applicant: I Saw Madoka Magica’s End, So I’m Not Worried[/size]
posted on 2011-04-24 10:30 EDT
Writer applies for Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant’s recovery work

On Friday, writer Akihiro Horiuchi posted a Business Media Makoto magazine article about applying for a job in the recovery effort of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. The Great Eastern Japan Earthquake disaster (Higashi Nihon Daishinsai) caused a tsunami that damaged the plant and led to the release of radioactive isotopes.

Horiuchi documented his application for a part-time job in the plant’s recovery, as well as his research on conditions in the area and other jobs in comparable fields. For the posted job listing, 10 people would be working three hours a day in protective gear near the power plant. Horiuchi noted the following:

As of Friday, Horiuchi has not heard back about his application. The job listing page has already been removed, so Horiuchi believes that he was passed over for the job.

Hysterical! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So yeah, saw the end last night and well…

Seems Madoka became god… weird

I loved the show 10/10 for me, can’t wait to see Funi or Section 23 grab it(they are the only two who would I think, it is going to cost quite a bit due to the hype)

I know some people on this board don’t check out fansubs, but do yourself a favor and check it out when it gets licensed, I am definitely putting it on my Anime on DVD list.

And the hype is well deserved!

Hell, I was hyping the hell out of it before most everybody jumped onboard.
It wasn’t until ep. 03 that everybody else was like “Everybody must watch this… NOW!”
I noticed, they even used the pics I Photoshopped for this thread (and a couple other threads for other places) on the Madoka Wiki (makes me feel proud).

Not picking this one up from the get-go for simulcast was a true faux pas.
I knew it was going to be awesome from the moment I heard about it, hence why this thread is mostly me hyping it.

[quote=mitamaking]

Saw this on another board and had to post it, since it goes with this.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

[quote=mitamaking]

Saw this on another board and had to post it, since it goes with this.

http://i.imgur.com/Q5ckG.jpg[/quote]

Looks like they made quite a few changes just on the first volume alone.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5120/madokabdtv1.jpg

It’s almost like a completely different series now.
While some of the changes I agree with, others I don’t.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-28/madoka-magica-1-sells-22000-as-no.1-selling-january-anime-bd
[size=20]Madoka Magica 1 Sells 22,000 as #1 Selling January TV Anime BD[/size]
posted on 2011-04-28 07:00 EDT
Aniplex recalls 1st BD/DVD due to mistakes on disc, limited-edition booklet

The first Blu-ray Disc volume of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica television anime series sold about 22,000 copies on its first day on Oricon’s daily Blu-ray Disc ranking chart on April 27. The volume is already the #1 selling anime Blu-ray Disc of the January television anime season. The DVD version of the same volume was #6 on Oricon’s overall daily DVD ranking chart for April 26 — the day before it officially went on sale — and #7 for April 27. (On both days, the DVD for the Naruto Shippūden: The Lost Tower film outsold it.)

The previous top-selling Blu-ray of the January anime season, the first Infinite Stratos volume, sold 10,000 Blu-ray Discs in its first day. Infinite Stratos #1 eventually sold 22,000 Blu-ray Discs and 7,794 DVDs in its first week.

The sales have been brisk for the first Madoka Magica volume despite a recall that Aniplex announced on its second official day of sales. The recall applies to the limited complete edition Blu-ray and DVD as well as the regular edition DVD. There was a mistake in the dialogue of the second episode (at the timecode 29:21-29:22) on the main disc, as well as a mistake in the lyrics of the ending character song “Mata Ashita” in the limited edition’s booklet. To receive replacements, customers must return just the disc (and the booklet for the limited edition) to the address listed on the website. Aniplex will begin sending the replacements in late May.

[size=16]Pfft![/size]
So I went looking for PVC figures because I was curious.
With as popular as Madoka is, you’d think they’d have more than two PVC figurines already.

1999 Co: Hobby Search - Madoka PVC Figures

And even more of a Pfft! is the fact neither are normal.
One is an SD and the other has her in a freakin’ bikini.

Madoka Magica’s Kyubey Face Marshmallows Sold

posted on 2011-04-30 07:30 EDT
Blurb reads “Eat me, and you too will become a magical girl!”

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-03/madoka-magica-1-sells-53000-as-no.1-tv-anime-bd-in-1st-week
[size=20]News: Madoka Magica 1 Sells 53,000 as #1 TV Anime BD in 1st Week[/size]
posted on 2011-05-03 15:45 EDT
1st Puella Magi Madoka Magica BD supplants 6th Bakemonogatari BD for record

The first Blu-ray Disc volume of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica television anime series sold 53,000 units (rounded to the nearest thousand) to become the #1 television anime release in first-week Blu-ray sales to date. The first Madoka Magica volume supplants the former record-holder, the sixth and final Blu-ray volume of Bakemonogatari (51,000 units). Not incidentally, Akiyuki Shinbo directed both projects.

The first Madoka Magica volume accomplished this feat despite a recall that Aniplex announced on its second official day of sales. It sold 22,000 units on its first day of sales alone, April 27. It also sold 9,097 DVDs during the April 25-May 1 week.

U know what that means? It’s gonna cost and arm and a leg, and maybe a vial organ to licence it. So yeah, I don’t see this coming out in R1-land anytime soon.

No…strike that. I can see this coming out here eventually, but by Aniplex themselves, ala Durarara or Bacano BD.