Pumpkin Scissors

Pumpkin Scissors

Genres: adventure, drama
Themes: giant weapons, military
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: After a long war with the Republic of Frost, the Empire abruptly signs a cease-fire, ending the war. Three years later, the Empire is in ruins with starvation and plague. Former soldiers have become bandits. Former Anti-Tank Trooper, Randel Orlando, unexpectedly runs into and joins the Pumpkin Scissors platoon, an Imperial Army relief effort led by Alice L. Malvin to restore order to the war-torn Empire.
Number of episodes: 24
Vintage: 2006-10-02 to 2007-03-17

ANN Info Page

So, I started finally watching this tonight.
It’s actually pretty good so far, a nice mix between action and comedy.
I love the OP song as well.

Well, finished this up last night.

I ended up enjoying this one a lot, especially the soundtrack.
I really hope they make a second season of this though, just when it was starting to get really good and complicated, it ended rather abruptly.

How was the dub? To be honest that’s really the main point for me that would sway me, one way or the other at one point. Not that this isn’t a series I’d like to own, just more of a I have so much to get list and not enough cash to get them all type deal.

Ah… it has reared its ugly head again as it does more than we’d like… the infamous Gonzo endings lol. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m so desensitized to it now that it doesn’t really bother nor suprise me anymore. I almost go in expecting it with most Gonzo or Gainax shows.

The dub was actually surprisingly good, though there were times that Adam Dudley wasn’t loud enough and din’t seem to fit certian emotions or the character, but he certianly has that gruf voice down pat.

Kaytha Coker on the other hand was superb. She fit the character extremely well.

I can understand it if they’re actually planning on making another season, but as it is, as a single unit, it definitely leaves something to be desired in the form of closure.

Whenever Gonzo or GDH is involved, even partially in this case… I’d sooner expect another moon landing than a Gonzo sequel. lol

It’s smart business unfortunately, leave a door open… and if the series strikes gold, make a sequel (ie. Strike Witches).

The times they do actually do more, like in Vandread or Kaleido Star it usually turns out excellent. Now only if they’d do the same for Gantz.

I kept reading reviews that the series leaves off leaving a door open for more.
So that is the one big reason I decided to pass on the singles the other big reason don’t have the room really.

Gonzo is pretty bad about hitting the climax then just falling asleep.
Maybe some other company can take over at some point but since really did not hear much of it as it was coming out in Japan and it did not do well here not expecting much.

I may get the complete set coming out later this year at some point if I can find it cheap enough. I’ve got a lot of Gonzoneric shows that do the same as this so may end up just writing it off again and again.

I just finished rewatching this in English. In Japanese, years ago, I thought that it was terribad but it rose to almost good in English. Unfortunately neither language track can fix that the show unravels the string when it is supposed to tie up loose ends and that it ends on a cliffhanger.

It amazes me just how good this dub was, since it was done by ADV’s “minor leaguers” during what we’d find out later would be their twilight years (or, rather, year). Unfortunately, with the exception of Blake Shepard, the main talent from that dub has either disappeared entirely or only makes sporadic appearances (eg:Charles Campbell, Kaytha Coker).

Tragically, the actor whom I’d call the “MVP” of the dub, Gray Haddock, has been lost to, of all things, RWBY. Alas. :frowning:

The show does serve as an interesting foil in Gonzo’s catalog to Le Chevalier D’Eon as both shows start with a similar conflict looming large over the main characters but they resolve the conflict in opposite ways.

Crunchyroll Adds “Pumpkin Scissors” to Anime Catalog

September 08, 2017 8:55pm CDT
More Funimation titles go live on Crunchyroll tonight

Anti-Tank Trooper | Pumpkin Scissors