ANN Page

[quote]Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, mystery, romance
Themes: school, spirits
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2013-04-03
Opening Theme: “Small WorlDrop” by Annabel
Ending Theme: “Yokan” by Masumi Itou

Plot Summary: The story is about a 15-year-old girl named Izumiko Suzuhara. She was born and raised at Tamakura Shrine, and always destroys any electrical device she touches. She decides to try living in the city, and enrolls in Hōjō High School in Tokyo. With her are her guardians son and Izumiko’s childhood friend Miyuki Sagara. While she’s there, an entity called “Himegami” appears. She learns she something called a “kami” a vessel for a shinto spirit, while Miyuki is a “yamabushi”, a warrior meant to protect the “kami”. (from ANN)[/quote]

[size=16]RDG Red Data Girl Fantasy Novels Have Anime in the Works[/size]
posted on 2011-12-17 09:06 EST
Noriko Ogiwara’s modern fantasy about girl from a shrine with secret family legacy

[size=16]RDG Red Data Girl TV Anime’s 1st Advance Promo Streamed[/size]
posted on 2012-11-19 02:26 EST
Saori Hayami stars as girl who wants to be normal despite hidden secret

[size=16]Red Data Girl’s April Premiere, New Key Visual Revealed[/size]
posted on 2012-12-21 00:26 EST

I’ve become rather interested in this one for the upcoming Spring season, partly because it’s a P.A. Works anime, so I know it’ll look awesome (think Angel Beats!, Another, Canaan or Tari Tari) and partly because though it looks innocent enough (maybe with a little drama thrown in) there might be a rather dark side to it, which caught my interest the most.

Anyways, I’m kind of hoping Sentai snags this one, not just because I think it would go well with their other P.A. Works titles (though that’s part of it) I think it might actually turn out to be good, though that’s just a hunch.

If all else fails, I hope CR at least picks it up, that way I can see it and see if I’m right or not.

###RDG Red Data Girl TV Anime’s 2nd Advance Promo Streamed
posted on 2013-03-01 08:22 EST
P.A. Works’ fantasy anime scheduled to begin airing April 3

###RDG Red Data Girl’s TV Ad Aired
posted on 2013-03-08 17:00 EST
P.A. Works’ fantasy anime scheduled to begin airing April 3

[size=16]ANN Anime Spotlight: RDG Red Data Girl[/size]
Apr 3, 2013

###Funimation to Stream Red Data Girl TV Anime
posted on 2013-04-09 18:03 EDT
P.A. Works’ fantasy anime to premiere on site on April 10

###Funimation: Additional Rights Acquired for Red Data Girl
Posted by Michelle on 02/21/2014 at 9:00am

###Funimation Announces Red Data Girl Dub Cast
posted on 2014-03-22 15:00 EDT

Kristi Kang? She’s been good in some stuff but all I can recall is how horribly miscast she was in Haganai and **Haganai: NEXT{/b]. Matranga is a plus. So is Leah Clark. After they left TX I lost hope that they’d be in all that much. After Aesthetica I believe that Reynolds will forever be typecast in my mind. BTW, when did “ryan” become a girl’s name?

Speaking of crazy names: Bryn Apprill. If that’s a real name then it is actually better than the aliases that Funi actresses have used recently :slight_smile:

Casting Micah Solusod as a main character in anything meets Einstein’s definition of insanity at this point. Is his guardian angel, Zach Bolton, directing this one?**

###Funimation Streams Red Data Girl Dub Trailer
posted on 2014-03-25 17:15 EDT
DVD release slated for June 17

Red Data Girl – Coming Soon on S.A.V.E.

Red Data Girl – Available Now on S.A.V.E.

###Crunchyroll Adds “Red Data Girl” Anime
June 15, 2017 6:30pm CDT
Series from Funimation joins the catalog!