Reideen

Reideen

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: science fiction
Themes: mecha, military
Plot Summary: Saiga is a normal high school student with a gift in mathematics. His daily routine is disrupted when his family gets news that his Father’s remains have been discovered- a noted archeologist and researcher who had gone missing while exploring a site many years before. Among his remains were notes and artifacts that needed to be identified by the family near a notable triangular mountain in Japan known as “Japan’s pyramid”, a place suspected by some to be man-made. A meteor containing a strange robotic lifeform falls from the sky and begins to cause destruction, putting Saiga in danger and causing a mysterious bracelet from his father’s research to activate and merge him with an ancient robot burried within the pyramid- a robot the runes describe as Reideen. It is now up to Saiga and guardian Reideen to fight against this unknown alien threat from the sky.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 2007-03-03 to 2007-09-01

ANN Info Page

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

August 15, 2014

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Mecha Action Anime Reideen

posted on 2014-08-15 16:42 EDT
2007 series remade 1975 anime Yuusha Raideen

I wonder what prompted this?

Production: Sunrise

I’d probably say it was part of the Sunrise deal when they grabbed the Bandai titles.

-edit-

My bad!
I was actually looking at the page that this is a remake of.

That being said, this was still probably part of bundle deal with something.
Figuring out what and by who might be a challenge though, since I’m not quite sure who holds the rights to this (Production I.G maybe?).

Or it could have opened the doors to some more titles. Sentai seems to have a pretty good relationship with Sunrise, and grabbed some of their more anticipated shows as Bandai was folding.

Episodes 1-13 (Sub) are live at ANO

Collection 1 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

I’m sensing a double standard in the art lol.

I don’t know much about this show but if they’re using a nude dude to sell it then I’m thinking that’s a pretty big clue that it isn’t a show that is targeted at my demographic.

That ended rather abruptly - would really like to see the next 13 eps.

Collection 2 Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Episodes 14-26 :end: (Sub) are live at ANO

Raideen’s 90s Boy Band Remake to Be Re-Broadcast in Japan

February 20, 2019 6:05pm CST
Raideen the Superior is still waiting on a DVD/BD release

Reideen Official Trailer