Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Thread

Bill Withers in the Rock 'n Roll HoF? How’d they rationalize that one?

1 Like

ll cool j is rock and roll

[size]And the 2016 nominees are……[/size]

Here is the list of nominees for the 2016 induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Chicago
Cheap Trick
Deep Purple
The Cars
Chaka Khan
Chic
The J.B.'s
Janet Jackson
Los Lobos
Steve Miller
N.W.A.
Nine Inch Nails
The Smiths
The Spinners
Yes

I could almost, maybe see letting Run-DMC in (just because they resurrected Aerosmith) but N.W.A. makes no sense. TBH, if they want to put another rap-related group in, Body Count would make more sense.

I’m still surprised that Deep Purple isn’t already in there. How did so many newer (and non rock) bands make it in before them?

1 Like

That’d be why I’ve never taken this list seriously.

1 Like

[size=16]2016 Inductees[/size]
December 2015

1 Like

How does the RnRHOF explain NWA? Gangsta rap ain’t RnR lol. Looking at the 5 inductees, it’s definitely a case of “one of these things is not like the others”.

Do any of the NWA members even play instruments?

It doesn’t seem like it.

I’ve always wondered about Rap/Hip Hop groups in the R&RHOF, it just seems wrong.

NWA disbanded in 1991, so I guess they don’t really matter anymore (to me, anyway).

1 Like

###MSN News: Steve Miller Rips Rock Hall of Fame for Trying to Take the Money and Run
Apr 9, 2016

1 Like

###Tupac Shakur, Pearl Jam, Kraftwerk among nominees for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
October 18, 2016, 5:00AM

###2017 Inductees

Performers

• Joan Baez
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Journey
  • Pearl Jam
  • Tupac Shakur
  • Yes

Award for Musical Excellence

• Nile Rodgers
2 Likes

Every year, there’s some classic band that surprises me that they weren’t in long ago. This year there are 3 :slight_smile:

Looks like Tupac is the obligatory pick that makes people scratch their heads. lol

2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Oct 5, 2017

1 Like

Rage isn’t in there already?!? I give up on this world, sheesh…

2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class Announced: Inductees Include Bon Jovi and Dire Straits

December 13, 2017

What’s On: 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (Saturday, 8/7c, HBO)

May 05, 2018 7:00 am

October 9, 2018

1 Like

Not too long ago, on his show NCIS: Los Angeles, the partner of LL Cool J’s character was in the hospital. In order to aid in his recovery, Cool J’s character offered to sing for him. As a bit of a running gag, he was stopped from singing because his character is an awful singer.

The rock 'n roll HoF ought to keep that running gag running.

These RnR HoF noms have been the butt of jokes for years and years, how is this institution still around? :thinking:

2 Likes

Inertia.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

December 13, 2018

1 Like