S23/Sentai Filmworks/Switchblade Pictures/Maiden Japan , etc PR, News, And Announcements - 2012/2014

There are also conflicting reports as to whether or not Sentai has Overman King Gainer. It’s related to Betterman, so it would make sense, but it was missing from their Facebook list. Considering it’s the weekend, it may be a few days before we know for certain one way or the other.

What I want to know is why Sentai didn’t announce this at their panel and made us wait for Sunrise’s panel over 24 hours ago to hear it.

I want Sentai to get Gurren Lagaan so we can get the legendary ADV dub and a new Sentai dub…and not the original dub (unless it is a 3rd audio track).

I’m not very impressed by what they did get though. Infinite Ryvius is mildly interesting though I have Swaile-signed singles. I haven’t seen much of the show as the first few eps of Lord of the Flies in Space didn’t wow me. I’m surprised that betterman and argentosoma are coming back. I hope that they get redubbed just to breathe some new life into them. Betterman is pretty dated: how many people remember those tamagotchi today?

Edit: it’s sad that a company’s Facebook page is considered a viable source of info. Social networking blows.

[quote=“celestial_being”]
I want Sentai to get Gurren Lagaan so we can get the legendary ADV dub and a new Sentai dub…and not the original dub (unless it is a 3rd audio track). [/quote]

Considering AoA picked up Gurren Lagaan, I’d say your hopes are completely dashed with that.

Aniplex of america should give it up to Sentai. If the industry panels were boxers Sentai’s would have KO’d aniplex’a sad excuse for a panel. To the victor go the spoils.

After announcing that they aren’t going to dub the madoka movie aoa doesn’t deserve any titles. Fail.

Will for sure be picking up Overman King Gainer, Girl Who Leapt Through Space, The Big O II, Sacred Seven, Betterman. Maybe Z-Mind, Zegapin, Brain Powered, Argento Soma. I have the others sentai rescued.

Now that they have these shows, they need to rescue Aura Battler Dunbine. DO IT SENTAI!!! DO IT NOW!!
After all, the final volumes have a ridiculous premium used, so there must be some demand out there for it.

Plus if Japan decided to make more, Sentai would more than likely get Bang Zoom again, unlike say Funi.
But then again, isn’t this a Kodakawa show? There always that hurdle to jump over.

[quote=“tonka”]

Plus if Japan decided to make more, Sentai would more than likely get Bang Zoom again, unlike say Funi.
But then again, isn’t this a Kodakawa show? There always that hurdle to jump over.[/quote]

True, but Sentai has picked up a few Kadokowa shows over the past couple of years. It isn’t their early days when they couldn’t get near a Kadokowa title to save their life. Funi still gets the bulk of their titles, but Haruhi will likely involve some bidding, so it will ultimately go to whoever offers the best deal.

[quote=“dragonrider_cody”]
True, but Sentai has picked up a few Kadokowa shows over the past couple of years. It isn’t their early days when they couldn’t get near a Kadokowa title to save their life. Funi still gets the bulk of their titles, but Haruhi will likely involve some bidding, so it will ultimately go to whoever offers the best deal.[/quote]

While they have been more lenient with their titles over the past few years, they’re still a pain in the ass to license from for the most part.
Just look what happened to all the FUNi Kadokawa titles.

And I’m still frothing at the mouth waiting for Nichijou too.

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]

True, but Sentai has picked up a few Kadokowa shows over the past couple of years. It isn’t their early days when they couldn’t get near a Kadokowa title to save their life. Funi still gets the bulk of their titles, but Haruhi will likely involve some bidding, so it will ultimately go to whoever offers the best deal.[/quote]

While they’ve have been more lenient with their titles over the past few years, they’re still a pain in the ass to license from for the most part.
Just look what happened to all the FUNi Kadokawa titles.

And I’m still frothing at the mouth waiting for Nichijou too.[/quote]

This is also true. I actually wouldn’t be too surprised if someone already has Haruhi and is holding off on announcing it, so they can get approval on a bluray. We’ve all seen how much complaining there is when Funi or Sentai announce titles more than two or three months ahead of a street date.

I’m curious how long it will be before we see the bulk of these titles released.

[quote=“dragonrider_cody”]Now that they have these shows, they need to rescue Aura Battler Dunbine. DO IT SENTAI!!! DO IT NOW!!
After all, the final volumes have a ridiculous premium used, so there must be some demand out there for it.[/quote]

Oh absolutely. I throw money at a gatchaman type box set even though I have several volumes of series. It is just the rest are hard to find. Then maybe the series will air to finish anime network unlike when adv had the licenese.

[quote=“dragonrider_cody”]Now that they have these shows, they need to rescue Aura Battler Dunbine. DO IT SENTAI!!! DO IT NOW!!
After all, the final volumes have a ridiculous premium used, so there must be some demand out there for it.[/quote]

Love to see this happen as well. Though I think it may have been one of the worse selling series for ADV so its hard to say. Heck they were giving the disc away when you bought other ADV releases at one point. Last two volumes are hard to find because they cut the production run on them after the previous volumes were not selling. I think a complete set would do well enough if they could get the licensed cheap and that it got all dubbed.

I will probably be picking up most of those titles . Even ones I already have as some of them the disc were part of Bandai’s bad disc runs. I think some would only work in my old pioneer 414 dvd player from the late 90’s. If they got blu-ray rights for the ones that have them in Japan all the better.

When is Sentai going to put some content on its YouTube channel? The Internet and Sentai’s reps @ Otakon were hyping it up but there’s all but no content to be found there. I think that they’re doin’ it backwards :wink:

Also, now that “Sentai of Australia” has Maoyu when will we be getting it from Sentai proper? I’m still hoping that someone will pick up Total Eclipse and dub it. “Sentai of Australia” also has Titan. If they should, somehow, get a non-Funi dub on it I’d totally import it.

I have most of the volumes of this as singles, so I checked into it. If someone posts a complete set on eBay, it doesn’t go for as high as some are asking elsewhere for those last two singles. Most of my stuff I bought wholesale turned out to be stuff that stores had sent back because it wasn’t selling, so that tells you the tale.

But it wouldn’t bother me to see it reissued, maybe the prices would come down and I could make the set I have complete.

[quote=“rebecca12”]

Now that they have these shows, they need to rescue Aura Battler Dunbine. DO IT SENTAI!!! DO IT NOW!!

I have most of the volumes of this as singles, so I checked into it. If someone posts a complete set on eBay, it doesn’t go for as high as some are asking elsewhere for those last two singles.

But it wouldn’t bother me to see it reissued, maybe the prices would come down and I could make the set I have complete.[/quote]

The thought that there could be unscrupulous anime hoarders who wouldn’t want a series to be reissued as it would lower the “value” of their hoarded anime never crossed my mind. I hoped that those sort confined their underhanded dealings to such areas as trading card games. Guess i was naïve :silly:

Per PR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[size=16]SWITCHBLADE PICTURES PUTS THE PEDAL TO THE METAL WITH “BIG BAD MAMA-SAN – DEKOTORA 1”[/size]

HOUSTON, August 23, 2013 — Breaker, Breaker! Switchblade Pictures is east bound and down, loaded up and truckin’, doing what nobody ever expected to be done: bringing Japan’s amazing Dekotora (short for Decorated Truck) craze to western shores with the spectacular debut of the first of four gear grinding, horn honking, honest to goodness Japanese TRUCKER films: BIG BAD MAMA-SAN – DEKOTORA 1! And if that’s not enough to make you hit the air brakes hard, all that trucker lingo and CB chatter will be available dubbed in English as well as the usual Japanese with English subtitles! Produced by Kazuaki Kubo (EROTIBOT,) and written and directed by Hideo Jojo (RINKO 18,) under the title “Decotora Girl Nami,” BIG BAD MAMA-SAN features cinematography by Takehiko Tamiya (SULTRY ASSASSIN – THE APHRODISIAC KILL) and launched both three sequels and an entire genre of “Lady Trucker” films in Japan. V-Cinema and AV superstar Akiho Yoshizawa (SULTRY ASSASSIN 1 & 2, MAIDROID 1 & 2) takes the lead position as the titular female trucker, Nami, supported by a convoy of genre veterans and newcomers that includes Manzo Shinra (DEAD OR ALIVE 2: TOBOSHA, THE EEL,) Mutsuo Yoshioka (SLAVE SHIP,) Ryoichi Inaba (THE CURSE M,) and AV actress and model Rino Konno. Prepare to have your gears stripped and doors blown away as the worlds of trucking and Eastern culture collide head on in BIG BAD MAMA-SAN!

She’s been ridden long and she’s been ridden hard, but when that old truck is the only thing your father left you besides a pile of bills, how else is a girl going to make a living? That’s how Nami became the hottest thing on wheels, taking any load offered up the back roads of Japan and delivering whatever’s been ordered, no questions asked, C.O.D., A.S.A.P. Unfortunately, Nami’s drive to become debt free is full of speed bumps like obsessive cops and cheating rival truckers, major detours like old acquaintances who want to be more than “just friends,” and one big pot hole in the form of Momoko, an eager beaver truck stop hooker with a heart of gold, a brain of tofu and a desperate yen to become Nami’s partner. And all that’s just a warm up for what happens when a package belonging to a gang of dim but ruthless gangsters somehow ends up in Nami’s back end! Get ready for hijackings, high balling and the most crazed hijinks to ever hit the highways and byways of Japan as everyone tries to worm their way into Nami’s flatbed in BIG, BAD MAMA-SAN – DEKOTORA 1!

Switchblade Pictures will release Big Bad Mama-San – Dekotora 1 on bilingual DVD December 10, 2013 in conjunction with home video distributor Section23 Films (Clannad, High School of the Dead, Appleseed).

About Switchblade Pictures
With a growing roster of international exploitation films, Switchblade Pictures is dedicated to bringing the wildest and most unique entertainment programming to North America. Titles currently in release include the zombie cult phenomenons ATTACK GIRLS’ SWIM TEAM VS. THE UNDEAD and ZOMBIE HUNTER RIKA; the SULTRY ASSASSIN period epics APHRODISIAC KILL and NINJA BRAINWASH; and a wide range of daring erotic, horror and comedy programming from Japan.

About Section23 Films
Section23 Films provides home video marketing and distribution services for a variety of companies, including Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures, Maiden Japan and AEsir Holdings. With its special focus on genre entertainment, Section23 Films distributes some of the very best anime, martial arts, and horror titles on the market today.

Oh SP, you never cease to amaze me. Zombies, ninjas, S&M, and now truckers… :ohmy:

Us human toilets thank you. :laugh:

So I’m curious now. Did Seraphim dub this, or was it already dubbed in English when they licensed it? I guess we will find out. It seems like it would be fun for the VAs to work on though…lol

Next up, Zombie Ninja Truckers!

I’m thinking the announcement was their Dec slate, since it is time for them to post it.
I wonder what’s going to get changed…

Maybe the GuP OVAs get included with the GuP collection…
Maybe one of the experimental sub-only BDs are getting a dub…
Maybe an Upotte!! BD is getting added to the Dec slate… ( …or maybe Chunibyo got pushed up)
Maybe it’s a new BD license that will get added to the already huge Dec. solicitations (Kaiji perhaps… maybe Nichijou… or maybe the first season of Chihayafuru)

-edit-
I just had a thought, maybe it’s a license addition unrelated to the Dec. solicitations… like maybe Love Lab, which just recently popped up on the CR Summer simulcasts.

DARNIT!
It could be a huge number of things that would be “awesome” to me!
WAITING SUCKS!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=698336766860105&set=a.562082680485515.145555.111004232260031&type=1

[quote]Sentai Filmworks

Some last minute changes (awesome ones) are being made to our little announcement today, so we’ll have to wait until Tuesday when everything is finalized before we send it out. Sorry guys, I promise it will be worth the wait!

In the meantime here’s some Illya:

[/quote]

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]
I’m thinking the announcement was their Dec slate, since it is time for them to post it.
I wonder what’s going to get changed…

Maybe the GuP OVAs get included with the GuP collection…
Maybe one of the experimental sub-only BDs are getting a dub…
Maybe an Upotte!! BD is getting added to the Dec slate… ( …or maybe Chunibyo got pushed up)
Maybe it’s a new BD license that will get added to the already huge Dec. solicitations (Kaiji perhaps… maybe Nichijou… or maybe the first season of Chihayafuru)

-edit-
I just had a thought, maybe it’s a license addition unrelated to the Dec. solicitations… like maybe Love Lab, which just recently popped up on the CR Summer simulcasts.

DARNIT!
It could be a huge number of things that would be “awesome” to me!
WAITING SUCKS![/quote]

[quote]Sentai Filmworks
Some last minute changes (awesome ones) are being made to our little announcement today, so we’ll have to wait until Tuesday when everything is finalized before we send it out. Sorry guys, I promise it will be worth the wait![/quote]

So let’s see:

-GuP OVA’s: Doubt it since they’ve already stated that it’s going to be a separate release. (Although there’s a movie coming out, but it’s a bit early for that)

-One of the BD sub onlys getting a dub? That’s possible but again highly unlikely (Though I’d love to see who’d get cast as Misaki in a Pet girl of Sakurasou dub. I think maybe only Brittney Karbowski or Hillary Haag could pull it off)

-The others I don’t know all that much about. I could see them announcing the acquisition of the Bodacious Space Pirates! movie. Maybe a couple of new series acquisitions since the fall season starts next month. (Infinite Stratos 2 would be all shades of awesome)