Section23 Films Announces June 2011 Slate

I’m surprised that Demon King Daimao was popular enough to warrant a dub. IMO, the series started good and was funny but it crashed and burned hard 2/3 of the way.

In any case, it’s another dubbed release Sentai makes, so it looks like the market is strong enough to justify making more dubs. As long as those are selling, any dub is a good dub. :slight_smile:

I don’t want to switch the topic, but concerning the point made above about having fanservice in pretty much every series…are people really laughing at each and every of the panty-shots or "ZOMG! I accidently touched your boobz!" gags?

Don’t get me wrong, I know they’ve been a staple of anime since the beginning and some of them are so over-the-top ridiculous (like the bullet scene in HOTD) you can’t help but enjoy the silliness/stupidity. Still…if you’ve seen one you’ve pretty much seem them all.

Is it a lack of creativity from writers or are people actually demanding this kind of stuff to be included?

Okay, let’s see; the two actioney-type, simulcasted shows are getting a dub and the romance one isn’t. So that means **Samurai Girls **will be getting a dub; IS, being more harem than action, might be a maybe; and Dream Eater Merry, don’t know yet, but I’ll say…maybe? :unsure:

I like cake.

One of the reasons why we get a lot of fanservice titles is because there is a lot of them that come out anymore in Japan compared to say a good drama. Plus the pickings for the NA companies are getting to be slim pickings. There seems to be 3 or 4 good drama/romance/straight action titles compared to 8 or 10 fanservice titles anymore. It does not really help that one company takes a good chunk of the good drama/romance/straight action titles either before the others can or overbids so much the others can’t afford it. Now they have also been doing it with the fanservice titles to. Plus T&A does sell.

Sure the companies could go back and pick up older titles ,but between dealing with committees and tracking down materials plus add in the fact they don’t sell as well. It becomes more of a asking for a knife in the back then a good idea. There is some titles that would do quite well and some of them have been around before ,but figuring those out seem to be like shooting fish in a barrel ,in a pitch black room , with a blindfold on. Not impossible ,but hard to the point you may just give up or shoot yourself in the foot.

As to why fanservice seems to be getting more dubs. Most of them are short titles that it’s easier to make a profit from. You pick two 13 episode series and one of them is a dud you still have the other titles to make money from. You pick a 26 episode series and it’s a dud your pretty much screwed. You look bad if you don’t finish it ,but if you do you lose money. Though lets face it fanservice seems to be selling more then titles like Maid Sama. :frowning:

Anime is like most things in life you either roll with the punches or you say f**k it and move on to something else.

The only thing I won’t be getting from this slate is You’re Under Arrest Collection. I already have the two previous collections. :slight_smile: Great to hear that looks like damimao is getting a dub.

I can’t believe that pile of garbage Daimao got a dub. That’s going to be a huge bomb. Of course I’ll be picking up HOTD, but I’ll wait for a Sentai sale to get that. That’s abut it for me, I’m really stretched thin on my anime budget.

[quote=ZakuAce]
I can’t believe that pile of garbage Daimao got a dub. That’s going to be a huge bomb. Of course I’ll be picking up HOTD, but I’ll wait for a Sentai sale to get that. That’s abut it for me, I’m really stretched thin on my anime budget.[/quote]

HSOTD is actually at sale prices in the weekly specials right now.

Only the last 2 Demon King episodes were garbage the rest was cake with panties. :laugh:

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=ZakuAce]
I can’t believe that pile of garbage Daimao got a dub. That’s going to be a huge bomb. Of course I’ll be picking up HOTD, but I’ll wait for a Sentai sale to get that. That’s abut it for me, I’m really stretched thin on my anime budget.[/quote]

Only the last 2 Demon King episodes were garbage the rest was cake with panties. :laugh:[/quote]

I have to agree with Pup. The last two episodes were a mess and didn’t mesh with the series at all, but other than that I really enjoyed it.

Also, why do so many people suffer from the delusion that quality of a series equates sales? Because we all know that DBZ, Yugioh, and Pokemon were absolute bombs while Azumanga Daioh, Aria and Princess Nine moved millions of units rolls eyes

The show wasn’t garbage. It was a nice bowl of chocolate covered popcorn. Yummy and sweet, and then it’s all gone.

YUM!!!

http://www.bradleyschocolates.com/images/chocolate-popcornbowl.jpg

What more can anyone as for (especially for modern day anime, seriously).

Speaking of the DKD dub, I was thinking on it earlier, and Chris Patton would be a perfect Akuto.

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=ZakuAce]

Only the last 2 Demon King episodes were garbage the rest was cake with panties. :laugh:[/quote]

59.99*.6=35.99 AKA the 40% off from a company sale at TRSI. Current price is $41.99.

[quote=ZakuAce]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=ZakuAce]

Only the last 2 Demon King episodes were garbage the rest was cake with panties. :laugh: [/quote]

59.99*.6=35.99 AKA the 40% off from a company sale at TRSI. Current price is $41.99.[/quote]

Hmmm…It was $41.99 for the Blu-ray and $35.99 for the DVD when I looked earlier that day. So something must have been changed between then and there or it’s something caused by the recent system problems. I noticed the Daily Deals have been the same for the last 3 days.

I guess I’ll ask when I get a chance if the price is wrong for the DVD if it does not change sometime tomorrow.

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=ZakuAce]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=ZakuAce]

Only the last 2 Demon King episodes were garbage the rest was cake with panties. :laugh: [/quote]

59.99*.6=35.99 AKA the 40% off from a company sale at TRSI. Current price is $41.99.[/quote]

Hmmm…It was $41.99 for the Blu-ray and $35.99 for the DVD when I looked earlier that day. So something must have been changed between then and there or it’s something caused by the recent system problems. I noticed the Daily Deals have been the same for the last 3 days.

I guess I’ll ask when I get a chance if the price is wrong for the DVD if it does not change sometime tomorrow.[/quote]

HSOTD DVD is back to the $35.99 in the weekly specials. I think a sale is going to be late June at the earliest so if you want it can get it now.

I’m thinking about pre-ordering the DVD now and getting the Blu-ray during a sale as I want to support this show so maybe if a second season happens Sentai will get it to. Plus the Blu-ray Player has to many witnesses. :laugh:

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=ZakuAce]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=ZakuAce]

I guess I’ll ask when I get a chance if the price is wrong for the DVD if it does not change sometime tomorrow.[/quote]

HSOTD DVD is back to the $35.99 in the weekly specials. I think a sale is going to be late June at the earliest so if you want it can get it now.

I’m thinking about pre-ordering the DVD now and getting the Blu-ray during a sale as I want to support this show so maybe if a second season happens Sentai will get it to. Plus the Blu-ray Player has to many witnesses. :laugh:[/quote]

Unfortunately you can’t use the “Got Anime!” discount on any of the weekly specials. I’ve already got too much hanging out there on pre-order to reserve anything else just yet.

Just realized something all of the releases from June have the final front and back cover art out except Highschool of the Dead.

[quote=psychopuppet]
Just realized something all of the releases from June have the final front and back cover art out except Highschool of the Dead.[/quote]

Well, they are making some changes to the dub, maybe they are tweaking the covert art as well. :wink:

Some pretty big blockbuster boxsets on the way. I’ll have to keep these in mind when I’m able to resume buying anime. It’ll be a while.

Looks like no Sentai filmworks sale at Rightstuf this week since a Sentai title and a Section 23 title is in the Daily Deals.

Looks like I was wrong earlier Sentai , Switchblade , Maiden Japan , Happy Carrot , and Section 23 releases look to be now getting marked for a studio sale. Just waiting on the stuff that was in the weeklys to have the no eligible for Membership discount removed from the listings and will be making my first order. Followed by my second and probably third and if more gets added for Sept then a forth.