Section23 Films Announces May 2019 Slate

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SECTION23 FILMS ANNOUNCES MAY SLATE

KAMPFER Available MAY 28th

HOUSTON, February 14, 2019 – Home video distributor Section23 Films today announced its May slate of releases featuring Sentai Filmworks’ bestselling echhi comedy series Kämpfer as you’ve never heard it before: in English! Kämpfer’s sex-swapping hi-jinx will be available for your listening pleasure in a complete Blu-ray collection on May 28th.

Product details follow, in order of release

Coming May 2019

May 8: Is It Wrong to Expect a Hot Spring in a Dungeon? LE

Title: GODANNAR BLU-RAYChanged to June 4
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 650 min.
Street Date: 5/7/2019
Format: BD
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $49.98

SYNOPSIS: Five years ago, Goh, the pilot of the giant robot Dannar, rescued Anna Aoi as the monstrous Mimetic Beasts attempted to wipe human life from the planet. Now the Beasts are back, but Goh’s not going back into battle alone. Not only does his new bride-to-be Anna have a mech of her own, but their “his and her” giant robots are designed to mate together to form the ultimate in alien-smashing technology, the mighty Godannar! Unfortunately, while they may have the perfect partnership on the battlefield, things aren’t running so smoothly on the home front and when “the other woman” from Goh’s past suddenly returns, the rifts that are opened may be wide enough to put the entire defense of mankind in jeopardy! Can an international supporting cast of the wildest giant robot pilots ever hold the line until Goh and Anna can come together in the cockpit, join interlocking parts and create the perfect marriage of man, woman and machine? It’s time to love, honor and kick serious monster ass as family ties go nuclear in GODANNAR!

Title: ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS OVA COLLECTION 1
Published by: Maiden Japan
Run Time: 595 min.
Street Date: 5/14/2019
Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $39.98

SYNOPSIS: They may be encased in suits of powered armor, but the soldiers who wear a VOTOMS unit in battle are simply serving the purpose that infantry has always served in war: to take ground and hold it, no matter what the cost. Combine that mission with the explosive fuel mixture and thin metal of their powersuits, and their chances of survival are decreased rather than enhanced, and only a handful will live to fight again. But of that elite group of survivors, a few will become legends. Return to the universe of the most realistic mecha warfare ever animated as the beachhead established with the epic 52-episode ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS widens into a full scale invasion of spectacular and previously unreleased original video animations in ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS OVA COLLECTION 1!

Title: LAND OF THE LUSTROUS BLU-RAY
Run Time: 300 min.
Street Date: 5/21/2019
Language: English, Spanish, Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $69.98

SYNOPSIS: No matter what the odds, life will find a way to continue, with young Phos and the other gems as the ultimate proof. Instead of flesh, their bodies are made of living crystal, allowing them to survive in a world too toxic for any human. But their gem bodies also attract a terrible danger: the Lunarians, who hunt the gems and use their shattered forms to fabricate jewelry and ornaments. The gems with the strongest forms defend the others, but Phos is too weak and brittle to fight. Instead, Phos is ordered to compile an encyclopedia; but could that research discover hidden secrets that could help the gems? Join Phos, the toxic Cinnabar, the powerful Bort, the valiant Diamond, and others in a glittering world unlike anything you have seen before: the LAND OF THE LUSTROUS!

Title: SAGRADA RESET BLU-RAY
Run Time: 600 min.
Street Date: 5/21/2019
SRP: $89.98

SYNOPSIS: The ability to reset time might seem like the ultimate superpower, but if you forget what was going to happen when you reset it, how would you know what you needed to change? Or if you’d make things better or worse? That’s the paradox that faces Misora Haruki until she’s paired with Kei Asai, who remembers everything, even if they happened in timelines that have been reset. But there’s still a catch: each reset point can be used only once and anything that happens in the 24 hours before a new one can be set will be locked in time forever. In a town where a mysterious agency seems to be controlling everything from the shadows and everyone has unexpected powers, the lives of Kei and Misora’s friends and classmates will depend on how carefully they can use the SAGRADA RESET.

Title: KAMPFER BLU-RAY
Run Time: 350 min.
Street Date: 5/28/2019
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $69.98

SYNOPSIS: Natsuru used to dream about being a real lady-killer, but being turned into a Kämpfer, a female fighter who’s supposed to fight and kill other girls in combat, was NOT what he had in mind! To make things even more complex, (s)he’s only a girl part-time and (s)he’ll be moving in with three other gorgeous Kämpfers (who are all actually all woman all of the time), for mutual defense. And the fact that more than one of them may have less-than-honorable designs upon Natsuru’s alternating sexualities couldn’t possibly be a problem, could it? Of course it could, and things REALLY get hopping when Natsuru has to take a job at the Bunnygirl Café! Find out what happens when getting in touch with your feminine side becomes a full-contact, no-holds-barred, battle to the death in Kämpfer!

About Section23 Films:
Section23 Films provides home video marketing and distribution services for a variety of companies, including Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures, Maiden Japan, Kraken Releasing and AEsir Holdings. With its special focus on genre entertainment, Section23 Films distributes some of the very best anime, martial arts, and horror titles on the market today.

1 Like

Sentai Shop

May 7, 2019

Godannar

Godannar Complete Collection SD
Language: English, Japanese with English Subtitles
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animations (x2); Recording the Songs (x2); Japanese Commercial Collection; Text to Video Extras: Production Sketches; Swimsuit Gallery; Character Profiles; Mechanical Profiles; Godannar Key Words & Case Files; Moriloto & Hayashi Special Report; The Seven Mysteries!

May 14, 2019

Armored Trooper Votoms

Armored Trooper VOTOMS OVA Collection 1 SD
Included in this release;

• VIDEO: Last Red Shoulder, Big Battle, Origin of Ambition / 4x3
  • VIDEO: Brilliantly Shining Heresy (1-5), Pailsen Files (1-12) / 16x9

May 21, 2019

Land of the Lustrous

Land of the Lustrous Complete Collection
Language: English, Spanish, Japanese with English Subtitles, Japanese with Spanish Subtitles
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Sagrada Reset

Sagrada Reset Complete Collection
Language Japanese with English Subtitles
Extras: Clean Opening Animations (x2); Clean Closing Animations (x3)

May 28, 2019

Kampfer

Kämpfer Complete Collection
Language: English, Japanese with English Subtitles
Extras: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation; Fantastic Bowels!

RIGHTSTUF Links

1 Like

Buy:

• KAMPFER BLU-RAY
3 Likes

Definitely going to replace my Kampfer set, curious as the dub was just announced for this yesterday!

Land Of The Lustrous already has the regular release version listed? That’s a pretty short period between versions, especially since the steel book release is still available :thinking:

The dub isn’t enough for me to upgrade my Kampfer BD set.

I might pick up GoDannar, just for Hilary Haag’s performance, and I don’t have the show on disc

Depends on What Funi announces tomorrow

Just a note that GoDannar is an SD-BD Release

MIA Thread Updated

1 Like

I finally got around to finishing GoDannar a few months back, so I’ll likely pick up the BD. Show itself had some issues, but dat dub doe…Brett Weaver excelled in this one.

But I’ll wait for the artwork to be finalized.

It’ll also be my first “SD-BD”, so that’d be neat.

I’m hoping not much. My “to-buy” list from Funi is already way too long, but nowadays I don’t feel much like buying anything from 'em, except maybe some Broly merch.

1 Like

Just Votoms and Godannar for me . Kampfer will be at a later when I find the right deal date purchase .

3 Likes