Section23 Films Announces September 2010 Slate

I wonder if there was any significance to how “needless” was written in bold in the news article listing the new releases… the sentence it was used in also seemed a little out of place like it was added in just so that the word could be used.

[quote=batou01]
I wonder if there was any significance to how “needless” was written in bold in the news article listing the new releases… the sentence it was used in also seemed a little out of place like it was added in just so that the word could be used.[/quote]

I missed that. What news article are you talking about?
Slick

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=mitamaking]
To be honest I am surprised at the speed Section 23 grabs sequels to shows sometimes, I guess this is good for non-dub fans of Jigoku Shoujo.[/quote]

Or people that Funimation let down by not spending money on a series that was huge sales let down. :wink: :laugh:[/quote]

But being sub-only with a dedicated fan base, releasing the show in collections (something I think Funi couldn’t do at the time) Sentai might be getting more from Hell Girl than Funi. :smiley: :smiley:

I went ahead and pre-ordered Xam’d Collection 1 (Blu-Ray), Golgo 13, Collection 2, Hell Girl: Three Vessels, Collection 1, Blue Drop Complete Collection (Hyb) and Ghost Hound Complete Collection (Blu-Ray/Hyb). I pre-ordered the last two just in the event that the studio sale was cheaper than the upgrade offer (you never know, just covering all bases)

A sci-fi series from Bones that gives me RahXephon vibes (sorta)…

Xam’d = SOLD! #2

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=mitamaking]
To be honest I am surprised at the speed Section 23 grabs sequels to shows sometimes, I guess this is good for non-dub fans of Jigoku Shoujo.[/quote]

Or people that Funimation let down by not spending money on a series that was huge sales let down. :wink: :laugh:[/quote]

It bombed that bad?

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=mitamaking]

It bombed that bad?[/quote]

Last time I heard anything about it from Funimation yes.

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=mitamaking]

Last time I heard anything about it from Funimation yes.[/quote]

Ouch. That’s sad that it bombed like that even with a TV deal.

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=mitamaking]

Ouch. That’s sad that it bombed like that even with a TV deal.[/quote]

Yes, but you have to remember that the TV deal happened some time after the DVD release was complete.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=mitamaking]

Ouch. That’s sad that it bombed like that even with a TV deal.[/quote]

Yes, but you have to remember that the TV deal happened some time after the DVD release was complete.[/quote]

That should have made things easier. Anime doesn’t have an expiration date.

There seems to be some bitching on AoD about X’amd having “lossy” audio for the Blu-Ray release. Is that true?

According to the information obtained by Right Stuf, Xam’d will be in 5.1 DTS. Now it’s possible that could be incorrect, or it could be subject to change, but as of now it looks at though Xam’d will not have lossless audio (DTS TrueHD).

I’m willing to cut them some slack on it, as I can’t think of a DVD distributor that didn’t make the same mistake with their early bluray efforts. I have a lot of 5.1 DTS and Dolby Surround titles in my bluray collections. Also, my Harmon Receiver doesn’t seem to be compatible with DTS or Dolby TrueHD anyway.

Im sorry if this has been asked or answered already, but how does the upgrade program work?

[quote=PiNoypi]
Im sorry if this has been asked or answered already, but how does the upgrade program work?[/quote]

If you are talking about the Clannad upgrade program, go here

Legends of the Dark King: A Fist of the North Star Story, go here

Oh so basically its a mail-in thing. Thanks Slowhand!

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]According to the information obtained by Right Stuf, Xam’d will be in 5.1 DTS. Now it’s possible that could be incorrect, or it could be subject to change, but as of now it looks at though Xam’d will not have lossless audio (DTS TrueHD).

I’m willing to cut them some slack on it, as I can’t think of a DVD distributor that didn’t make the same mistake with their early bluray efforts. I have a lot of 5.1 DTS and Dolby Surround titles in my bluray collections. Also, my Harmon Receiver doesn’t seem to be compatible with DTS or Dolby TrueHD anyway.[/quote]

Forgot to update this here, but Sentai has confirmed that both Xam’d and Ghost Hound will have 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio. So no lossy sound for these releases. :slight_smile: