Sentai / Anime Network Newsletters, Blogs & More!

Love the Earth or Else:

1 Like

###MEME MONDAY #13
4/24/2017 11:59:37 AM

The only thing that makes Mondays bearable is that we can watch anime after work… or sometimes at work (not recommended for all professions). On these dreary work-week start days, we love to spruce it up a bit by using our favorite creation of the internet: the meme.

###See All the Qs & As at ask.fm!

https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/140522286813

Q. Hey there, I know that you guys are down to the wire on your #TheDubsAreComing list, & from the looks of it, It’s going great so far, so to be honest, I don’t want it to end like this, & the fans feel the same way, so tell me, when will your 2nd dubbing wave list hit, at the Anime Expo I bet? :wink:

A. We miiiiiight. Haven’t decided yet.

###TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: MY LOVE STORY!! PBS, UTAWARERUMONO: THE FALSE FACES COMPLETE COLLECTION
4/25/2017 PM

###My Love Story!! Premium Box Set
Takeo Goda’s hulking physique and affinity for sports make him popular with other guys, but girls just find him intimidating. Unaware of his gentle nature, the girls that Takeo likes always seem to fall for his handsome best friend, Suna, instead. Takeo is resigned to being Suna’s wingman, with no hard feelings between them, until Takeo rescues Rinko Yamato from a molester on the train. Unfortunately, while Rinko might see past Takeo’s brutish appearance, Takeo’s become so conditioned to girls preferring Suna that he assumes Rinko is the same! Being the good, genuine guy he is, he’s going to do everything he can to help the two of them be happy. Will Takeo let himself believe someone likes him? Love isn’t blind: it’s just a little dense in MY LOVE STORY!

###Utawarerumono The False Faces
Where is he? More importantly, who is he? Awakening in a frozen wasteland, his first memories are of danger as he is instantly attacked by a giant creature. Kuon, the cat-like girl who rescues him, doesn’t know who he is either, but she gives him the name Haku in honor of another mysterious stranger who came to this world. Now, Haku must quickly learn how to survive in a land where monstrous beasts prowl, and where half-human beings rule in a city riddled with intrigue and secrets. With armies to aid, Princesses to guard, and a whole new future to explore, Haku and Kuon will face truth after shocking truth in UTAWARERUMONO: THE FALSE FACES!

1 Like

Q. You have so many Premium Box sets now, how could I possibly choose?

A. Choose by your favorites/the ones that have the goodies you like the most.

Q. Now that all the dubs you previously announced have a release date, can you at least confirm whether you have at least 5 new dubs coming up in the future? :wink:

#NoSpoilers

Q. What’s an anime you wish you had licensed?

A. Cory in the House

Q. I don’t know if you’ve answered this before, but what factors go into deciding what shows you are going to license from the new season?

A. Lots of reasons, but the two easiest are:

• Viewership (if it was viewed a lot on legal streaming during it’s simulcast season and after)
  • Social Media Response (seeing people clamoring for it on social media/forums/ask.fm)

There are more reasons, but it’s too much to fit into this comment.

They forgot the most important “Having enough bank to convince the licensor that you’re their best option”

###7 WEIRD ANIME SHOWS YOU CAN’T HELP BUT LOVE
4/28/2017 4:26:21 PM

Weird doesn’t always have to be negative. When a show goes outside of the box and treads its own path, it’s exciting to see what is in store. With these weird anime shows , not only do they bring the “weird”, but a whole plethora of incredible visuals, awesome storytelling, and engaging characters.

###FLIP FLAPPERS

“Art house” is the best way to explain Flip Flappers. The events that happen in Pure Illusion are remarkable: with a beautiful and unique art style, it quickly catches the eye, and each episode brings a different aesthetic to the forefront. While the art is spectacular, so are the battles, and they are a trip to watch. Cocona and Papika’s transformation give most other magical girls a run for their money!

###Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!

A celebration of being weird, never growing up, and coming of age, this weird anime show is for the people whose imaginations run wild. In this love story, Rikka is inspired by Yuta’s “Dark Flame Master” personality and takes one up of her own, all while Yuta is trying to leave that embarrassing life behind. With Rikka still fully into her delusions, he gets continually embarrassed by her antics.

###Food Wars!

Between the foodgasms, Soma’s purposefully bad cooking, and Isshiki just being well… Isshiki. This weird (but freaking awesome) show will make you hungry, laugh until it hurts, and make you say “WTH” more times than you can count. With its generous helpings of over-exaggerated cooking and eating, you could say that it has been seared permanently into our hearts.

###Hozuki’s Coolheadedness

Don’t let the beautiful sumi-e inspired visuals fool you: the denizens of Japanese Hell are an odd bunch. Hozuki is a trusted agent in the administrative hell that is Hell. (What is this sentence even?) From Hozuki’s bizarre rivalry with Hakutaku of Shangri-La (which started over a bet a thousand years ago), to his “correct” torture methods, this black comedy delivers on all fronts. It is literally a little slice of life… if your life was in hell.

###Girls und Panzer

This is not your typical school club. In an alternate reality where tank warfare is a sport and considered a traditional martial art, we have the Ooarai Girls High School sensha-do club: five girls vying to win a national championship. Moe and tanks. It’s an odd combination that works surprisingly well and turns “cute girls doing cute things” into “cute girls blowing things up.”

###WATAMOTE: No Matter How I Look At It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular!

Tomoko is an outcast due to her social anxiety. With faces like the one we highlighted (it haunts us), Tomoko goes to great lengths to hide her lack of social skills, resulting in weird situations that are both hilarious and endearing. However, as a weird anime lover, you also can’t help but feel her pain.

###Armed Girl’s Machiavellism

Our protagonist is sent to a school with quite heavily armed girls, and all the boys wear an obscene amount of makeup (sometimes a skirt). Yep, sounds like “normal” school to us. When Nomura Fudou transfers to Aichi Symbiosis Academy, he runs into the Supreme Five Swords: a group of girls who “police” the school on a mission to punish any boys who lash out. Just wait until you find out what the punishment actually is.

###We Love Being Weird. What About You?
Are these weird anime shows weird enough for you? If not, let us know on our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram. Make sure you @SentaiFilmworks so we can see it!

###TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: NURSE WITCH KOMUGI R
5/2/2017 9:11:57APM

###Nurse Witch KOMUGI R Complete Collection
Komugi Yoshida wants to be famous, but her efforts as an idol don’t seem to be working out so far. Unlike her prim friend Cocona or her tomboyish rival Tsukasa, both of whose idol popularity is soaring, Komugi seems to be getting only the bottom-tier jobs, like pitching pharmaceutical products to the locals. However, everything changes when Komugi discovers an injured creature named Usa-P who offers her a chance to be something bigger: a magical nurse! With awesome powers and a cute outfit to boot, Komugi might just be moving up in the world, but is she going to be able to handle the stress of saving the world, being an idol, AND keeping up in school? Find out as the universe of SOULTAKER and NURSE WITCH KOMUGI is reborn in an all new adventure: NURSE WITCH KOMUGI R!
Rating: TV-14 (D)

Q. Can we expect some big news at Anime Expo this year now that all of #TheDubsAreComing titles have been released/have a release date?

A. #NoSpoilers Watch and find out :slight_smile:

Q. Describe yourself in 3 words!

A. Anime. Anime. Anime.

Q. What is probably your favorite anime that is a slice of life comedy that you guys licensed?

A. TANAKA-KUN IS ALWAY LISTLESS!!! Actually… it’s really hard to choose, but we were watching Tanaka-kun this morning, so we’ll go with that.

2 Likes

3 Likes

For me, my number one is Non Non Biyori, but Tanaka-kun is a close second.

1 Like

https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/140587701469

Q. Do you guys ever go back and release/redub shows you already released? If so, a SNAFU re-release would be super awesome! While I’m here, I’m going to join the Flip Flappers dub collective, that would be something I’d purchase!

A. Thank you for joining the FLIP FLAPPERS choo choo train. For your other question, in the past, we re-released Maid-sama with a dub, so it’s always a possibility

###ASK SENTAI #41
5/4/2017 4:37:49 PM

As luck would have it, today is one of our favorite holidays: May the 4th (be with you). Kohina, go.

Oh! Also, it’s Golden Week in Japan! Yay! HAPPY GOLDEN WEEK, JAPAN!

In other news, we also wish a Happy Thursday. If you have any questions about the industry, translations, products, or more, send it in to Sentai’s Ask.fm. If we CAN answer it, we will. See ya next month!

###WHAT IS ECCHI ANIME? A NOSEBLEED-WORTHY LIST
5/5/2017 8:46:32 AM

Boobs and censors reign supreme in this ecchi anime list. No matter where the protagonist lands, it will probably be bleeped out. If it’s uncensored… well, we’ll let you figure that one out yourself. With light-hearted characters and comedy, these shows make us giggle with their adult humor and situations.

###I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job

Saving the world becomes pointless when the demon king is destroyed. Well, until the demon king’s daughter comes into your life. Let’s just say things get steamy when certain parts of the body become bare to the viewer. Raul’s only human, you know, and even retired heroes can get a little flustered in THOSE situations.

###Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls

Monster Musume totally gets the genre with its well-crafted mix of humor, adorable characters, and raunchy scenes that you’re pretty sure you’ve seen somewhere else. (Your secret Is safe with us.) Endearing as they are, these monster girls do put Kimihito through some pain, even though all he wants is to live in peace!

###The Qwaser of Stigmata

There is nothing more alluring than gaining your powers from… breast milk. Not a typo. This anime has a suggestive premise with an even raunchier execution. We wonder does anyone else find themselves regressing back to their infancy while realizing they’ve hit puberty at the same time when watching The Qwaser of Stigmata? Ah, adult anime at its finest.

###MM!

Even though MM! could TECHNICALLY be considered tamer than other ecchi anime shows, we feel that the subject matter cough EXTREME MASOCHISM cough warrants a place here. Taro Sado secretly wants to be degraded and hurt by women, and in his desperate attempt to find a cure, things often took a very salacious turn when the pain THEY inflicted gave HIM too much pleasure.

###So I Can’t Play H!

Perverted desires have never been more welcomed than when they give you a power boost, quite, literally. Grim Reaper Lisara must use Ryosuke’s perverted appetite to defeat the creatures that are after her. With slapstick comedy and a lot of interesting censors, this show will have you feeling certain… things.

###High School of the Dead

Zombies aside, the show demonstrates that boob physics can be a means of self-defense (looking at you episode 6). This titillating horror series brings the action to our favorite assets. The story will keep you captivated, but you’ll also stay for the extra, uhm, plot.

###To Love Ru

Defying logic, Rito tends to land (sometimes magically appear) in certain areas that he shouldn’t be anywhere near. With that setup, the To Love Ru franchise follows Rito as he tries to handle his accidental engagement to Lala and his dream girl, Haruna, while trying to maintain a harem of other colorful personalities.

###Punch Line!

That moment when you can’t see panties (two times in a row) without destroying the world. Yuta must master his panty-seeing powers and make sure that it doesn’t cause a meteor to crash into the Earth. The genre has never been more dramatic than when panties are on the line, yes?

###Our Nosebleed…
That adult content waiver we signed sure came in handy with this post. Ecchi anime walks the fine line between humor and provocative, making it one of the most captivating, and questioned, genres. What’s your favorite panty exposing show? Share it with us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram. (Make sure you @SentaiFilmworks so we can see it!)

2 Likes

Those meetings must be so entertaining.

###ANIME FACIAL EXPRESSIONS THAT TELL THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE
5/12/2017 10:37:27 AM

There’s no way we’d cover the full gamut of anime facial expressions that could tell the story of your life, but we thought we’d at least try. There are a few fairly universal situations we may have all experienced at one time or another. Let’s see how many we can cover…

###When You Weren’t Ready for the Camera

Not all of us can strike the perfect pose immediately, when a camera is pulled out! Kanae from ClassicaLoid can relate with this supposedly legit attempt at a kawaii-smile. It’s too bad that once a photo is on the internet, it’s pretty much there forever. Ick.

###When the Scary Thing is Scary

Two sentence horror story: “There’s a roach in the room. Where did it go?!” Cocona’s facial expression in the fifth episode of FLIP FLAPPERS (the creepy “Gokigenyou” episode) nails it.
###ERMERGEDHeavy Breathing Senpai Noticed Me

Maybe it’s a good thing 3D humans can’t make anime facial expressions. Senpai would run away in the other direction is he/she ever saw us sporting Kurihara’s (from Momokuri) “lovestruck” face.

###How Do I Adult Again?

You’ve probably made this face a few times in your adult life, with different situations. “How does health insurance do the thing? How does one change a tire? Do I NEED to go to work today?” Makoto from Flying Witch has this look down perfectly.

###FRIDAY NIGHT, Y’ALL!

You know this face. One too many sake later (for those of you over the age of 21, mind you!), and you’re suddenly a hero who’s ready to help a damsel in distress, just like our favorite heterochromatic Onigiri character, Ibaraki Douji.

###Just… No. What…

Mercenary from GRIMOIRE OF ZERO is our hero for his awesome range of facial expressions. This one silently screams, “Something so idiotic is happening right now that I can’t even find words for it.”

###When the Food is Just Right

FOODGASM! Isshiki from Food Wars! demonstrates the blissful look on our faces when the pizza cheese is melted just right, when the taco is perfectly seasoned, or when the ramen noodle is the perfect texture.

###HISSSS. DON’T TOUCH ME

Ewww. Hugs. To be fair, Tora from Ushio & Tora is such a tsundere, he’s probably secretly enjoying it.

###Eek! Lewd!

When exposed to lewd material, you’re either like, “Eek! My virgin eyes!” or “Hmm-hmmm-hm.” It’s funnier to go with the former, so please accept this lewd card from us, courtesy of the girls of Infinite Stratos.

###Story of My Life
Comment with screenshots of your favorite anime facial expressions. We look forward to seeing them on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram. (Make sure you follow and tag us @SentaiFilmworks so we can see it!)

1 Like

One of my favorites from K-ON, the “Oh no, not another question.” look.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

As you can see I’m a fan of Anime Reactions, this one is a favorite as it has both human and animal “Whoa!”, a “Gotcha!” and a wonderful “Here we go again”.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes