Sentai / Anime Network Newsletters, Blogs & More!

Being a US streaming CR Kadokawa title, I’d say it’s more likely that they have it and just haven’t announced it yet.
Especially since Madman licensed it in full having home video rights as well.

Not that I should be surprised (knowing their disc art on a continuous basis), I just needed to let that sink in a moment. lol

If they pick it up, it’ll surprise a grand total of 0 people. Maybe in their June pickups?

https://twitter.com/KyleColby/status/602267114074845185

Go team anime. @Sentaifilmworks

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/602267384905224192

Super jelly you guys got to hang out!

Pretty much everyone agrees on FP when I posted this, that it’s probably Sentai and not FUNi this is referring to, so I’ll just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/chrisdpatton/status/601517625684799488 > Fans of the Luci Christian/ Chris Patton VO pairing, get ready! ;-)

Any idea what this pairing might be?

I scrolled through some of his Twitter timeline to see if any clues would leap out at me but all I saw were some ironic statements.

Most seem to think a Shinichi and Migi pairing from Parasyte is the most logical.
As for my guess though, I haven’t a clue.

Checking the home Video MIA thread and what’s been either confirmed or rumored to be being dubbed the only ones I can come up with are:

Toru x Chaika -Chaika the Coffin Princess (Sentai guy would like a dub, and it’s been licensed in the UK and AU. so the possibility is there)

Shinichi x Mugi -Parasyte the Maxim (Definitely getting a dub so it’s likely)

Tatsumi x Mine -Akame ga Kill (Will be getting a dub, I’d be surprised if it didn’t, but unlikely, Patton isn’t a good fit for Tatsumi, imo)

As Far as Chris Patton is concerned both Toru and Shinichi play to his strengths, and Luci Christian could pull off Chaika and Mugi so it’s either of those 2

Another thing to note they were both cast in the previous seasons, so it could be Phi-Brain S3…

1 Like

There’s a few more that have been mentioned as well…

Seiya x Isuzu - Amagi Brilliant Park ( same writer as FMP, but it’s way too soon for this )
Enju x Rentaro - Black Bullet ( unknown whether it’ll get a dub or not )
Nozaki x Chiyo - Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun ( I doubt this will get a dub looking at Sentai’s dubbing history, but it’s been mentioned )

My personal wish…
It might be a bit of a stretch and a bit of wishful thinking on my part, since I’ve been a bit worried about it as each solicitation comes and goes (especially since the Sentai guy isn’t answering my ask.fm questions about it).
But I’m hoping it’s Phi Brain S3 and they’re both reprising their roles (Gammon/Nanoha).

Or it could be a former sub only release that’s getting a new dub release:
Hozuki’s Coolheadeness
Yusibu
Maoyu
Engaged to the Unidentified
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Indian Summer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

all of these would be…AWE…SOMEEE!

If it’s something from the newer, not yet released:
Blue Spring Ride
Dai Shogun
Love Stage
Wolf Girl and Black Prince
Wizards Barristers

or it could be the new Vampire Hunter D dub.

Yeah, I could see Patton as that. Dunno about Dai Shogun (or Chaika) as I don’t picture Patton as those chars. Was there even enough of a male char presence in Wizard Barristers for it to count as a duo? lol.

Regarding the possible Luci/Chris pairing, I’m calling it now.

The dub clip for that was premiered at Anime Matsuri and no one mentioned that they heard those two as those characters.
In fact, someone posted a clip of it on YT, and it’s very likely that Shiro is voiced by Caitlynn French and Sora definitely isn’t Chris (though I’m not quite sure who it is).

Got a link to the clip plz?

Check your message inbox.

1 Like

I’m guessing we can’t post the video here?

I did manage to find it though (albeit, with bad cell phone quality). Yeah…My guess sounds wrong. Honestly, I can’t make out Sora’s voice at all. I definitely heard Shannon Emerick and Caitlynn French though.

I’m not sure it really matters in this case, since it’s only a clip and not a full episode.
However, I tend to go with the “if you’re unsure, don’t post it” theory when it comes to things like this and generally only post officially released stuff, especially when it comes to dub Con premieres.

The reverb (and upped bass) in the audio that I heard makes it difficult for me to be sure but I’m also thinking that it ain’t Patton. It does sound familiar though… I’d go with Grelle or the lead from Outbreak Company/Btooom but I wouldn’t bet on it; can’t tell what’s in the voice and what’s just being added by the echo. Microphone tech hasn’t kept up with camera tech on portable devices lol.

I got a Blake Shepard vibe out of the clip.
And for Wizard Barristers, Patton would play the frog familiar from Canada…aye.

###NEW RELEASES THIS WEEK: STUDENT COUNCILS AND SUPER SONICOS
5/28/2015 5:46:27 PM

This week sees the highly anticipated release of SoniAni: Super Sonico the Animation, starring our friend Jessica Nigri as the official English voice of Super Sonico! We had a blast working with Jess in the booth, and our release comes jam packed with tons of behind the scene footage and bloopers, make sure to pick it up! Check out what else hits shelves this week below:

###SoniAni: Super Sonico The Animation
When Sonico wakes up every morning she sees big things on the horizon. This incredibly busy young woman somehow juggles modeling and working at her grandmother’s bar while attending college AND performing as a lead vocalist and guitarist in the all girl band Fastest Speed In Space. But no matter how much Sonico has on her plate, she’s always ready to take on a challenge with the help of her manager, Kitamura, and her bandmates, Suzu and Fuuri!

Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy
Rating: TV-14 [S]

###Student Council’s Discretion: Level 2
The series revolves around a private high school whose student council is chosen entirely by popularity vote. Because of this, Ken Sugisaki is the only male representative, in the otherwise all bishojo student council, that may enter the “sacred sanctuary” of the council’s meeting room. At the behest of Council President Kurimu Sakurano, Sugisaki records the minutes of the council meetings, which devolve into daily conversations about the students’ lives and interests.

Related: Student Council’s Discretion
Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy
Rating: TV-14 [D, L, S]

Ricardo Contreras on Twitter
Someone got angry at doctor Laura in the booth… @KyleColby @Sentaifilmworks