Site loading problems

Since about 2am last night I have been having a lot of problems getting the site to load. I keep getting server not found errors. Have the site been having some sort of problem?

Firefox

ShawnMerrow wrote:

[quote]Since about 2am last night I have been having a lot of problems getting the site to load. I keep getting server not found errors. Have the site been having some sort of problem?

Firefox
3.6.10[/quote]

Yeah I went on around 6am and saw the same thing. It took me to some verizon site, and said “The website yo have entered cannot be found, is no longer accessible, or does not exist anymore”, or something of the sort.
I thought it was my omputer at first, but every other site worked fine.

I can’t get on the website using firefox but Safari seems to be working. Strange.

We had an unscheduled DNS update from our new hosting company. It takes several hours for the change to propagate through all of the different service providers. By now, everyone should be up & working.
If you’re having an issue with one browser, try cleaning out the cache- it may be trying to reach the former server address from the stored information.
We’re looking into why this happened this morning.

:wink: Yea, baby.

Seems to finally cleared up, thanks for the info.

Spoke to soon, got this just a minute ago. I have cleared cache, repaired connection and reset.

it appears to no longer find theanimenetwork.com, you have to put in www.theanimenetwork.com. (at least that’s the problem I was having)

I’ll let The Poff & IT know to check why that happened.

ShawnMerrow: When you try it in FireFox, are you adding the WWW.?
I need to know if it’s the same issue that ZakuAce is having or a different one.

I’ve been using the www. No, problem yet this morning. Will let you know when I can if there is.

I’m still having the problem on and off all night and morning (including right now actually).
I had to use Google and look up Anime Network to get here for this post.

I’ve cleared my cache and closed my browser (IE8 by the way) several times.
It seems to last about an hour or two working properly, then, all of a sudden I go to refresh the page again, it gives me a quick 404, then re-directs to this:

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/404searchl.jpg/http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6629/404searchl.th.jpg

Then, all the tabs that had Anime Network up, stop working and give the same thing, including clicking on any of the blue links at the top to open in a new window.

The Coffee God wrote:

[quote]I’m still having the problem on and off all night and morning (including right now actually).
I had to use Google and look up Anime Network to get here for this post.

I’ve cleared my cache and closed my browser (IE8 by the way) several times.
It seems to last about an hour or two working properly, then, all of a sudden I go to refresh the page again, it gives me a quick 404, then re-directs to this:

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/404searchl.jpg/http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6629/404searchl.th.jpg

Then, all the tabs that had Anime Network up, stop working and give the same thing, including clicking on any of the blue links at the top to open in a new window.[/quote]

This has been forwarded on to the Techie guys, Coffee. Thanks for the pics!

Not a prob.

It seems to be working fine now, but we’ll see how long that lasts.
I’ll post again if the issue pops up again.

Got both these errors this morning.

[quote]Time: 10:20am-10:28am
Server not found

Firefox can’t find the server at www.theanimenetwork.com.

*   Check the address for typing errors such as
      ww.example.com instead of
      www.example.com

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
      connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
      that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.[/quote]

[quote]Time: 10:27am
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address. [/quote]

Yeah mine was doing the exact same thing. I use Firefox and I was having the same problems for 2 days now. It finally let me on and hopefully it stays this time.

Helto wrote:

I use Internet Explorer and it happened once.

Got it again at 4:53pm.

I posted this to the Online Player thread, but really should have started a new thread.

The problems we were experiencing had nothing to do with which browser we’re using.
The error “Host not found; server failure” means that the designated Domain Name Server(s) for THEANIMENETWORK.COM were saying “never heard of it” for several hours.

The DNS problem cleared up around noon CDT on that same day.

Around 06:30am PDT on 09/20, attempts to connect to the Online Player failed.

linux% dig www.theanimenetwork.com

; <<>> DiG 9.4.1-P1 <<>> www.theanimenetwork.com
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 7943
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.theanimenetwork.com. IN A

linux% whois theanimenetwork.com

| Name Server… ns1.mydyndns.org
| Name Server… ns2.mydyndns.org
| Name Server… ns3.mydyndns.org

Things were back to normal by 11:30am PDT Monday 09/20.

-Joe

ShawnMerrow wrote:

Got it again at 4:53pm.
You think it might be something wrong with your computer as well? It’s happening to you more than others. . .