Soul Hunter / Senkaiden Hōshin Engi

Soul Hunter / Senkaiden Hōshin Engi

Genres: action, adventure, fantasy, supernatural
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Thousands of years ago, it was a time of witchcraft and dark magic. An evil sorceress has bewitched the emperor of the mighty dynasty and he has become a mindless puppet. The country is in shambles and evil spirits lurk everywhere. The human world is on the verge of utter destruction. A bold mission is planned by the Confederation of the Immortal Masters. They send a young master wizard to hung down the villains and evil warlocks in the devastated lands.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 1999-07-03 to 1999-12-25

ANN Info Page

Hakyū Hōshin Engi

Genres: adventure
Plot Summary: Taikobo is a young sennin working hard under the tutelage of Master Genshitenson. Seemingly ill-suited for study and meditation, Taikobo is thus assigned a very different task—to free the human world of malevolent spiritual influence, by defeating and sealing all 365 figures on the Hoshin List. At the head of that list stands Dakki, a hoshin who has spent long years ingratiating herself into human culture, to the point where she now serves as the Yin Empress. Taikobo may not have the strength to defeat Dakki, but he’s determined to prove himself, and he’ll soon discover new allies in the most unexpected places.
Number of Episodes: 24
Vintage: 2018-01-12

ANN Info Page

I really hope this comes to Free VOD or the Online Player as I’ve been really wanting to see this fantasy adventure series for a while now. ADV DVDs for this title are Out of Print.

OP Theme is sung by Chihiro Yonekura of Kaleido Star fame. :slight_smile:

Right on!
The pilot episode had Brad Swaile as Taikoubou.
Sadly though, now that means I’m going to have to get use to J. Shannon Weaver as Taikoubou, which is going to be a challenge, since I just finished up GetBackers very recently.

I didn’t have any trouble picking up three of the singles for it in various wholesale lots. I bet some digging would turn up the rest. But a VOD appearance would indicate a potential reissue, I would think.

i wish they showed the first eps . the pilot eps is not the first eps. i rember this being on azn a long time ago and never got to see it all.

[quote=yonggoku]
i wish they showed the first eps . the pilot eps is not the first eps. i rember this being on azn a long time ago and never got to see it all.[/quote]

Actually from what I can tell the actual series first episode of this and the other one is set to be put up on the 2nd of July.
Don’t quote me on that until dragoon confirms it though.

I agree I wish they put up the first episode well first,because 1) the cast is always different therefore you have to get used to the actually cast 2) it spoils that episode and lastly (so far this only applys to one show and maybe only for me) It gives off the impression that there is a dub for it and that it will be on there; which i’m obviously speaking of alice academy after watching the pilot which I enjoyed I did some research and found it there weren’t any Dubs for it in North America which i must admit ticked me off alot and thats probley my main reason right there it leads ppl on now i’m not paying 6.95 or so a month to have my chaiin yanged just asking that the pilots be put up after the episode it really as as a extra for those who want to want to watch it which brings me to my next statement.

I’m just wondering here and pointing something out but does there seem to be alot of Subs on SVOD and VOD are they’re ANY dubs coming comes it seems lately its jsut one sub after another.

Anyways i’ll post my Beef in the right place after this also I would like to say i’m looking forward to Soul Hunter

I just watched the first episode of Soul Hunter. It has potential to be a good series. Now I just have to wait and see if they will be posting any more episodes.
Slick

After watching the first episode a few weeks ago, I wasn’t sure that I was going to like this or not. The first scenes of this guy:

had me wondering…

But now, after watching a few more episodes, I think I’m following it a little better. That guy on the throne being controlled is a very interesting angle and one I like following. So, I’ll be sure to continue watching. :lol:

I really like this series. One of those I look forward to watching every week on VOD (now a lot more easier with mine working again). This was one of those titles that got backlogged for a while and then I watched it on VOD. I got into it and now regret waiting so long watching it but that something I have done a couple of titles in last few months. Watched 08 last night was a bit shocked and sadden by a couple of things that happen.

So far, so good with this series. I look forward to it every week.
Slick

It’s not bad, a mix of comedy and adventure. I don’t know that it’s set in the past so much after seeing them conjure up a modern dance club mixer and speakers and cheesy dance music, though. At least not in this universe.

Up to episode 8.

This is a rather fun series so far.
I’m sill seeing J. Shannon Weaver as the Lighning Emporer though rather than Taikoubou, but I’m sure that’ll pass. (testement to how awesome GetBackers is)
It didn’t help that the Enoki pilot episode had Brad Swaile as Taikoubou however, since I really enjoy him.

Reminder: This show expires from the Online Player on Friday, April 22.

It’s FREE to watch, so if you haven’t seen it, now’s the time!

Discotek Media Facebook Page

Soul Hunter Complete TV series also June 28th

Discotek Adds Soul Hunter Anime

posted on 2016-04-09 03:01 EDT

Ryu Fujisaki’s Hoshin Engi Manga Gets New TV Anime With New Cast

posted on 2017-07-31 06:10 EDT
Previous Soul Hunter TV anime aired in 1999

New Hoshin Engi TV Anime Reveals Visual

posted on 2017-08-02 23:10 EDT

New Hoshin Engi Anime Reveals January Premiere, 3 More Cast Members

posted on 2017-09-29 05:54 EDT
Makoto Furukawa, Yūichi Nakamura, KENN join cast

Character Designs For New “Houshin Engi/Soul Hunter” Anime Previewed

October 30, 2017 7:45am CDT
Ryu Fujisaki’s 1996-2000 Chinese mythology-inspired Hoshin Engi aka Soul Hunter is set to be adapted into a new TV anime - scheduled to debut on Japanese TV in January of 2018

New Hoshin Engi Anime Reveals Staff, More of Cast, Title, Video, Debut Date

posted on 2017-11-01 00:50 EDT
Yoshimasa Hosoya, Nobunaga Shimazaki, Kousuke Toriumi cast in C-Station anime