Spring 2014 Master licensing list

Funimation’s announcements for Friday (April 4th) will be Dragonball Kai, and Captain Earth since both premiere over the weekend…

(99% Guarantee on this )

Since Soul Eater Not! (Which they more than likely do have) and Date A Live II are 2 of the other 3 and don’t premiere until next week or later, that leaves the one last open slot.

Hitsugi no Chaika is about a 50/50 chance of being Funimation’s other title, unless Sentai really surprises me with licensing it. Which Sentai might, depending on how well Outbreak Company did. It’s also a Kadokawa / Bones title and I can’t see Funimation, passing this one up, imo.

Just like my previous post, I’ll edit this one if there’s more CR announcements today.

-edit-
Oh yeah, since it wasn’t mentioned, 5 more TBD boxes were added to the lineup page last night.
Which gives us a total of 7 TBD boxes (-1 for the one that’s already been announced).

And to start today off…

Crunchyroll
● Love Live! School Idol Project S2
● The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
● The Irregular at Magic High School
● Fairy Tail
● Daimidaler
● The File of Kindaichi Returns

-edit 1-

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior added.

-edit 2-

The Irregular at Magic High School added.

-edit 3-

Fairy Tail added.

and a 5th now scheduled for 4/4

-edit 4-

Daimidaler added.

With another FUNi NA exclusive license it seems
And still one more to go (since this one probably doesn’t count)

-edit 5-

The File of Kindaichi Returns added.

Added

Crunchyroll

● Love Live! School Idol Project S2

FUNimation

● Dragonar Academy
● Ping Pong: The Animation

-edit 1-

Ping Pong: The Animation added.

Leave it to Funimation to throw a wicked curve on my expectations. Lol

Updated with Droganar Academy

-lol-
It’s a Media Factory title, it had a 50/50 chance of going to either Sentai or FUNi.

That being said, I separated the FUNi post from my CR post, since you seem to have missed that I posted Fairy Tail to my previous CR post ( or at least didn’t give me credit for it in the first post :wink: )

-edit-
Interestingly, Dragonar Academy is apparently being handled jointly by both Media Factory & Kadokawa, at least according to the copyright on the FUNi Dragonar Academy page. ( Funimation )

Updated:

-fixed Fairy Tail credit
-Added Ping Pong the Animation to Funimation streams
-Added The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior to Crunchyroll Streams.

[quote=“Series5Ranger”]Leave it to Funimation to throw a wicked curve on my expectations. Lol

Updated with Droganar Academy[/quote]

Why was Droganar a surprise? Given the nature of the show it seemed like a total shoo-in for Funimation, the purveyors of fine “extreme” ecchi comedies.

[quote=“Series5Ranger”]

-Added Ping Pong the Animation to Funimation streams [/quote]

I didn’t really have any interest in this anyways, but this kind of annoys me, given FUNi’s history with unreleased noitaminA series.

Though CR hasn’t announced it just yet, the AoA page for Mekaku City Actors is up

http://www.aniplexusa.com/mekakucityactors/

And according to that, streaming premieres April 12th and it’ll be on CR, as well as their usual streaming outlets.

Updated: added The Irregular at Magic High School to Crunchyroll Streams.

[quote=“celestial_being”]

[quote=“Series5Ranger”]Leave it to Funimation to throw a wicked curve on my expectations. Lol

Updated with Droganar Academy[/quote]

Why was Droganar a surprise? Given the nature of the show it seemed like a total shoo-in for Funimation, the purveyors of fine “extreme” ecchi comedies.[/quote]

It wasn’t that Dragonar Academy was a surprise, but since Dragonball Kai and Captain Earth are both premiering this weekend, I was pretty confident that those 2 would be announced by Funimation. They weren’t. This also throws some doubts on whether they have Soul Eater Not! as well.

Update:

-Added Fairy Tail and Mekaku City Actors to Crunchyroll Streams

Captain Earth was suspected of going to Funimation? Looks like I missed that as, while Funimation acquired a few of them (Eureka, Fafner…), cheesy stereotypical mecha shows and Funimation don’t go together in my mind.

Perhaps this is just my overall negative experience with noitaminA (that name…) shows talking here but my hat is off to Funimation if they are keeping the noitaminA shows down.

[quote=“celestial_being”]Captain Earth was suspected of going to Funimation? Looks like I missed that as, while Funimation acquired a few of them (Eureka, Fafner…), cheesy stereotypical mecha shows and Funimation don’t go together in my mind.

I didn’t really have any interest in this anyways, but this kind of annoys me, given FUNi’s history with unreleased noitaminA series.

Perhaps this is just my overall negative experience with noitaminA (that name…) shows talking here but my hat is off to Funimation if they are keeping the noitaminA shows down.[/quote]

Well given Funi’s relationship with Bones, and with Soul Eater Not! also being by Bones, Captain Earth was suspected that it was going to be picked up as part of a package deal, but now that’s not so sure. Since Date A Live II is definitely 1 of the 3 left to announce, and them not announcing either the new Dragonball Kai arc, or Captain Earth, which are both set to premiere this weekend, it throws a lot of questions as to what’s left. Tuesday should make the picture a lot clearer, as Soul Eater Not!, and Hitsugi no Chaika (a Kadokawa / Bones release) 1st episodes are set to air in Japan…

Just like my previous post, I’ll edit this post when there’s more CR announcements today.

There’s 5 scheduled for today

And to start today off…

Crunchyroll
● Captain Earth
● Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro!!
● Haikyu!!
● Baby Steps
● Brynhildr in the Darkness
● Broken Blade TV EDITION

-edit 1-

Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro!! added.

-edit 2-

Haikyu!! added.
Baby Steps added.

-edit 3-

Brynhildr in the Darkness added.
Broken Blade TV EDITION added.

The interesting bit about the Broken Blade TV EDITION is the streaming territories.
It implies a Showgate tile, but it’s interestingly not available to the US, like the 2 other FUNi Showgate titles from this season and 1 from last season.

This is also the end of todays announcements.

Update:
-Added Captain Earth to Crunchyroll Streams

Updated Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro added to Crunchyroll Streams

[quote=“Series5Ranger”]Update:
-Added Captain Earth to Crunchyroll Streams[/quote]

Looks like this has been currently solicited ( http://captain-earth.net/discography/ ) as a 25 episode series as well.

Updated:

Broken Blade TV not available in the US because Sentai has the movies the show is based on?