Squid Girl / Shinryaku! Ika Musume

Good to see season 2 licensed and that MB is still hanging in there.

I got the first season on DVD and will get season 2 when they put it out.

Hopefully Media Blasters can keep the wheels from falling off.

Mark Gosdin

Squid Girl Manga to Bundle New Original Anime DVD

posted on 2012-03-13 02:43 EDT
Original video anime to come with 12th manga volume on August 8

Kanae Itō to Perform Squid Girl OAD Theme Song

posted on 2012-05-21 21:52 EDT
Voice actress previously sang ending theme for first season of manga adaptation

A little interesting tidbit about S2 from MB.

[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]
[url=][ /url]

Squid Girl on Qubo, I agree Qubo needs anime, and Squid Girl, sureā€¦

As for having season 2, I will believe it when I see it Media Blasters.

via TRSI
Squid Girl: Season 2, Part 1 - 150 minutes - $24.99 - 3/12/13

Looks like they have S2 after all.

And just like that, they remove the listing for S2.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000004624&Offset=0&ReturnTo=Archive

Media Blasters Updates Release Schedule
Posted on: Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Media Blasters recently announced a number of schedule updates, including anime titles Shamanic Princess and Ai no Kusabi: The Space Between, which will street in April 2013. Live-action films Bio-Slime, Darnell Dawkins: Mouth Guitar Legend, and Lady Ninja: Reflections of Darkenss are set for February 2013 and The Possession in Japan for March 2013. New release dates for the Fushigi Yugi OVA Collection, Chanbarra Beauty: The Movie, and Zombie A**: Toilet of the Dead will be announced soon.

The company also removed the following titles from the schedule: Kite on Blu-ray, Squid Girl, Part 3 (Season 2), Gao-Gai-Gar Complete Collection, Unaware, Tokyo Vengeance, Ring of Curse, Fresh Meat Six Pack, and Dracula vs. Frankenstein on Blu-ray.

Arrrgg, I want season 2. If they canā€™t get it out, they should sell/give to someone who can.

Media Blasters Updates on Scheduled Releases

posted on 2012-12-01 23:11 EST

More Media Blastersā€™ fail. Not really surprising anymore. :dry:

I asked Tony Oliver at Nekocon(first weekend of November) how Squid Girl season 2 dubbing was going. Do you know what he said?

They hadnā€™t even started and he had heard nothing about it, Media Blasters does not I believe have season 2.

If they didnā€™t have it, they probably wouldnā€™t send out a pre-order placeholder to TRSI as well as prelim coverart.
Not to mention, specifically saying:

Media Blasters FB Page

We are trying to get out and will be working on it.

Media Blasters FB Page

Yeah we are moving dates around.

On their FB page when asked about the removale of S2 from TRSI.

Media Blasters has lost my trust in a way.

I donā€™t know if you follow Godzilla movie release but they released Destroy All Monsters, on which was a special feature where you saw someones poster collection, MB did not get the rights to show all those posters and got the DVD/Blu-ray taken away.

At the same time they had the rights to Godzilla vs. Megalon, and after a couple of meetings with Toho, Toho allowed them to release a bare bones release of the film. After it came out, reports started to surface that MB had sent out copies with the extra features on it, including a trailer sizzle reel of monster movies from Toho, and even other studios. I can confirm this fact because the DVD I have, has the extras that were not destroyed as per Tohoā€™s request and somehow got sent out.

Also, there is the whole Zetsubou Sensei thing.

Squid Girl Manga to Bundle 2nd Original Anime DVD

posted on 2013-01-04 10:20 EST
Original video anime to come with 14th manga volume on June 7

Squid Girlā€™s 2nd Original Anime DVD Directors Listed

posted on 2013-01-08 23:29 EST

Such a fun show season one and two needs to be released.

squid girl rocks!

Season 1 has been out for about a year now on DVD. Season 2 is the problemā€¦

I want both seasons!

and the ova as well.

Looks like MB isnā€™t going to release S2 after all.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=432787270137865&id=134953719921223

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Here is to Sentai picking up.

If they cleared house in 2012, why did they claim they had it in November of 2012, seems kind of late. I will say it again, Media Blasters is a bunch of liars.