Squid Girl / Shinryaku! Ika Musume

Crunchyroll Streams Squid Girl Original Anime DVDs

posted on 2014-02-12 20:05 EST

Squid Girl Manga Gets New Original Video Anime in September

posted on 2014-02-24 04:20 EST

Misato Fukuen Joins Squid Girl Video Anime’s Cast

posted on 2014-06-12 19:30 EDT
Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ voice actress plays policewoman Keiko Furukawa in September 8 original Blu-ray

Squid Girl Teams Up with Splatoon Inkling

posted on 2015-05-28 18:15 EDT
Crossover images revealed

Sentai Filmworks License Announcement - Seasons 1 & 2 + OVAs

October 4, 2016

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Squid Girl Anime

posted on 2016-10-04 15:20 EDT
Both series, OVA covered in license

3 Likes

I don’t care about the damned hurricane, I’m happy. :grin:

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

I’m curious how season two will be handled. I don’t know if this was popular enough for them to spend the money to outsource a dub. So if they decide to dub it, and that could be a big if, they could just recast for season two. Of course, I wouldn’t be surprised if season two is subonly.

1 Like

It’s a good question, I seem to recall reading somewhere - not a normal Anime News site - that Media Blasters had gotten as far as actually dubbing the second season before their corporate troubles forced a halt. ( Maybe the checks started bouncing. ) That would leave only the OVA’s which likely would just be left sub only.

Mark Gosdin

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/138426598365

Q. If you end up dubbing Squid Girl, seeing as how there’s already a dub for season 1, would you go straight to season 2 or redo season 1 as well?

A. That’s a good question, but we just announced the acquisition of that, so we haven’t started thinking that far ahead just yet. Keep the comments coming though, since we are reading them all with great interest.

1 Like

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/138585071581

Q. Please dub Squid Girl Season 2 with the same Bang Zoom cast as Season 1! You did it for K-On, why not this?!

A. Thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile: At this point, anything is a possibility concerning Squid Girl. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts!

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/138494253277

Q. If you plan on dubbing season 2 of Squid girl, are you gonna bring the original voice cast back or change the cast as a whole?

A. Great suggestion. Something to look into :slight_smile: It would be pretty fun, but we’ll have to see.

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/138944030173

Q. So I’m sure ya’ll are quite aware of how many hearts you’ll crush if you don’t dub Squid Girl’s season season
 If hypothetically you do end up dubbing it, what are the odds the OVAs will be dubbed as well? Just curious!

A. If the rest of a series gets a dub, we try to dub the OVA if materials are available. (You know how, sometimes, OVAs are released WAAAAAAY
 WAAAAAAAAAAAAY after a series airs?)

Squid Girl S2 is saved from MB’s falling out :blush:

If it is dubbed, I wonder how the English episode will be handled :confused:

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/139560218077

Q. Will Squid Girl get a completely different dub cast and will we have SG plushies to promote the home media release?

A. We cannot discuss unannounced dubs or home video releases on ask.fm. Apologies.

SG plushie sounds super cute, but no word on merchandise.

hmmm Though She never mentions what work she was doing in Houston TX, a certain voice actress who voices a certain Invader from the Ocean was in Houston TX

I knowed you was gonna’ dub the resta’ Ika Musume, just knowed it.

Traffic!!! Yep, that there’s Houston. You betcha’.

Oh, she was on United ( ex-Continental ). Hope the flying was good, yikes!

Mark Gosdin

Anime Expo 2017 - July 1, 2017
Sentai Filmworks Panel

12:32:32 <bay|AX|Sentai> Squid Girl dub
12:32:35 <bay|AX|Sentai> specifically season 2

It’s actually sweet that with the premium boxes Sentai is donating a portion of the proceeds to the ocean conservation charity. Can’t wait to have enough money to pre order mine :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

SQUID GIRL COMPLETE COLLECTION PREMIUM BOX SET REVEAL

8/1/2017 8:43:18 AM

Holy squid, can you believe it? The time has finally come to dive deeper into the Squid Girl premium box set!

DVD/Blu-ray Combo Pack

This inkedible collection contains Season 1 (with the original English dub) AND Season 2 (which Sentai Filmworks announced a dub for at Anime Expo 2017).

OVAs and Additional Content

The premium box set also includes the three Squid Girl OVAs, as well as a nice helping of additional content, including:

• Clean Opening Animation (x2)
  • Clean Closing Animation (x26)
  • Japanese Promos (x29)
  • Mini Squid Girl Short Stories x2
  • Squid Girl Chat + Commentary x5 (Eps 1, 3, 8, & 12)
Extras!

Like the treasures of the deep, this box set contains tentacular pieces you won’t find anywhere else. Like seriously: you can cross whatever ocean you want, but the extras hidden inside are exclusive to the set.

Full Color Collector’s Booklet

The Squid Girl collector’s booklet is recreated from the original Japanese booklets. Get to know your favorite characters even better in this box set exclusive hardcover booklet.

Art Cards

Six double-sided art cards feature scenes from our favorite beach with our favorite messenger from the sea.

Button Pack

Take Squid Girl and the sisters of Lemon House with you IRL with this 3-button pack.

Keychain

Don’t get your tentacles in a twist, but LOOK AT HOW CUTE SHE IS! This bewildered-looking Squid Girl keychain is the additions your keys have been waiting for.

3D Lenticular Card

http://dv5ejixqyhdf0.cloudfront.net/news/2017/07/SFC-SQG000-lenticular.gif

Got squid ink spaghetti on the brain? This 3D lenticular card lets you relive one of the show’s iconic scenes over and over again. Poor Squid Girl!

Certificate of Authenticity

Each box set comes with its own authenticity card with a unique number. No squidding: your box set is special, and this Certificate of Authenticity demonstrates the set’s limited run.

Donation Card

Is your love for the sea as genuine as Squid Girl’s? Prove it with this donation card! As part of our effort to make our little messenger of the sea proud, Sentai Filmworks will donate to an ocean conservancy group for every box set sold. This certificate proves that you were a part of it!

Catch this Wave Before It’s Gone!

Free shipping on this limited edition ends tonight, August 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM CT!

Get your tentacles on the Squid Girl premium box set before it scurries away.

1 Like

Something I noticed. The Sentai release is titled: The Squid Girl. Is this to differentiate between this release and Media Blasters, or is it just a stylistic change?

it’s like

The Batman

that ‘the’ at the front gives it a certain gravitas
makes it more
legit.

1 Like