Star Blazers / Uchū Senkan Yamato / Yamato 2199 / Yamato 2202/ Yamato 2205/ Rebel 3199

Star Blazers / Uchū Senkan Yamato

Genres: action, adventure, drama, romance, science fiction
Themes: aliens, flying battleship, military, space, space navy
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: In the distant future, the war between the human race and the Gamilon has taken its toll on the planet Earth. Constant bombardment of radioactive asteroids has rendered the planet’s atmosphere uninhabitable. As a means of relief aid, Queen Starsha of the planet Iscandar offers the Earth Forces a device that can completely neutalize the radiation off the planet. For this task, the space battleship Yamato is launched from the remains of its World War II ancestor on a 148,000 light-year journey. However, the crew of the Yamato has only one Earth year to travel to Iscandar and back, or the human race will come to an end.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 1974-10-06 to 1975-03-30

ANN Info Page

Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection / Uchuu Senkan Yamato Fukkatsu-hen (movie)

Genres: action, adventure, drama, science fiction
Themes: aliens, black hole, flying battleship, military, space, space battles, space navy
Objectionable content: Mild
Vintage: 2009-12-12
Plot Summary: In the year 2220 A.D., the Earth Federation launches a plan to evacuate Earth when discovering that a travelling black hole capable of destroying anything in its path is on course towards the solar system. As the people on Earth prepare to relocate to planet Amare, whose ruler offers refuge, the tyrants known as the “S.U.S. Empire” attack the first Earth evacuation fleet. After learning that his wife Capt. Yuki Mori-Kodai disappeared in the battle and that legendary space battleship Yamato has been fully rebuilt, Susumu Kodai accepts command of the ship as he intends to not only help humanity once again, but also find Yuki in the hope of helping his relationship with his daughter Miyuki, who puts the blame on him for her mother’s disappearance. But in order to fullfil the mission, the Yamato must go through battles against the SUS Empire, who intend to spoil humanity’s hopes of finding a new place to live in and turn Earth into energy for their own selfish needs.

ANN Info Page

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 / Uchū Senkan Yamato 2199 Dai-Isshō Harukanaru Tabidachi

Genres: science fiction
Running time: 50 minutes
Vintage: 2012-04-07

ANN Info Page

Star Blazers 2199 (TV)

Genres: adventure, drama, romance, science fiction
Themes: battleships, conspiracy, military, space, space navy, space opera, spaceships, war
Objectionable content: Mild
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 2013-04-07
Plot Summary: The year is 2199. The human race has been crushed in their war with the Gamilos, driven into underground cities by the invader’s assault. Scientists estimate they have only a year left. The young officers Susumu Kodai and Daisuke Shima receive a mysterious capsule from a ship that made an emergency landing on Mars and return with it to Earth. It contains humanity’s last hope: the planet Iscandar on the other side of the Magellan Galaxy has the technology to defeat the Gamilos and restore the planet. The space battleship Yamato is entrusted with this task, but they have only one year before humanity ends.

ANN Info Page

Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark / Uchū Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshi-Meguru Hakobune (movie)

Genres: science fiction
Themes: space, space navy
Running time: 111 minutes
Vintage: 2014-12-06
Plot Summary: A new super weapon has emerged and Gamilas ships vanish from the seas. In the meantime, the Yamato has left the Large Magellanic Cloud and is on its way back to the Milky Way Galaxy. During the voyage, the crew is hit by a gatlantean warrior fleet under command of Goran Dagam, who claims the “Yamatee” as his prey. After Susumu Kodai in command refuses to give up the ship, the Yamato makes a run and accidentally ends up inside a strange world that defies logic and the law of physics. An expedition team is sent to the surface and makes a truly mind-boggling experience that they cannot escape. Next to that the team doesn’t seem to be alone after they encounter their old foes. Time runs out and the Gamilas and Terrons walk a thin line in a world that’s not their own, having the Gatlanteans sitting in their necks.

ANN Info Page

Star Blazers 2202 (Series 2)

Star_Blazers_2202

Vintage: 2017.02.25
Episodes: 26

Star Blazers: 2205

Vintage: 2021.11.26
Episodes: 8

Be Forever Yamato: Rebel 3199 (movies) - Vintage: 2024-07-19

The SyFy channel will start showing this classic this Thursday at Midnight. For you old fans a chance to see an old friend. For you younger fans a chance to see a series that created many anime fans.

I watched this back in the 2nd grade and the opening still gets me excited.

That is midnight Pacific time and 2am Eastern time.

Edit: Did some more checking and Charter says midnight but other sites say 2am Eastern and Pacific, so just check with your provider.

No, idea how this happened.

The answer is “Powered by Kunena”

I doubt I’m going to be able to stay up. Getting slightly older here. Damn you SYFY damn you all to heck!

The Charter schedule is updated and now shows it being on 2am Pacific time. I will watch it on SyFy HD since that uses the Eastern feed and will be only 11pm for me.

DVR is your friend, pp.

Oh geez, don’t mention that! :blink:

I did see it in a sleepy state . Don’t remember the second episode ,but I did watch it. Need to dig out the VCR’s and see if I can get the timer to work on one of them.

Was so nice to watch them last night. It brought back some found childhood memories.

I’m getting fed up with this damn schedule shifting of their anime block. I found this out and got excited but noticed that it would be airing at 2am.
points finger at network Think Syfy, for one minute. Is THIS gonna get you ratings? Put it back at 11PM.

They’ve been trying to get rid of any programing they or the parent companies don’t have any stake in. I am betting the block does not exist or gets moved again by the end of the year.

Anyway I managed to wake up to watch this weeks episodes.

A friend sent me a link to a video of episode 2 since he knew I was kind in a fog for it. Turns out it was actually a video from the more recent remaster they did in Japan for Yamato ,but with the dub from Star Blazers almost perfectly synced. I was wondering why the Robot was so perverted in it and the video looked a lot better. Shame Voyager can’t do that. I’d buy the sets they have ,but the current price is not in my range right now.

You’re probably right. Whatever happens it had a great run.

At least YouTube has it in episodic form so it’s not a total loss. Always helping out in a pinch. :slight_smile:

That’s why I’m glad I have a DVR.

Looks like we have another schedule problem.

The online schedules and the one on my TV all say that the movie “Ice Spiders” will be showing on SyFy in the regular Anime timeslot.

However, the SyFy Schedule says the anime will play as usual. The last time this happened, the anime went on as planned, so I believe it will this time as well.

If you have a DVR/TiVo, you’ll have to adjust it to tape this movie.

Thanks for the heads-up! I set a manual record for that time (Friday, 5/27 from midnight to 1:00 AM)

Netflix is now streaming the first 6 episodes, with luck more will come soon.

Hulu has the first 12