Star Blazers / Uchū Senkan Yamato / Yamato 2199 / Yamato 2202/ Yamato 2205/ Rebel 3199

Final Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Anime Film Previewed in ‘Last Promo Video’

posted on 2019-02-14 05:24 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins
7th film in series opens in Japan on March 1

1 Like

Final Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Anime Film’s 1st 9 Minutes Streamed

posted on 2019-02-22 05:01 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins
7th film in series opens in Japan on March 1

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Part One | Official Trailer (Own It 3/26)

1 Like

Unboxing Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Part One | Hey! Nice Package!

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Anime Gets New Sequel

posted on 2019-03-28 22:20 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Fall concert also announced as Yamato 2202 ends theatrical run

1 Like

Sequel ?Series / Movie? Announced: starts next year in November there abouts

Thanks to the OurStarBlazers Facebook page for the news

1 Like

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Sequel Anime Reveals Title, Staff, Fall 2020 Screening Debut

posted on 2019-09-01 21:30 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Writer Harutoshi Fukui, producer Shoji Nishizaki return for Yamato 2205: Aratanaru Tabidachi

By the way from what I got from Tim Eldred on the Facebook page, They haven’t signed on a Director yet, However there is a short list of Candidates that they want to work with.(So Expect announcements soon ™)

Also since XEBEC did the first 2 seasons and now, technically, doesn’t exist, Again according to Tim Eldred, they are creating a new studio strictly for Yamato.

Macross Delta’s Kenji Yasuda Directs Space Battleship Yamato 2205 Anime

posted on 2019-10-14 10:38 EDT by Jennifer Sherman
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 TV anime series also gets compilation film in 2020

Just a heads up:

*According to Tim Eldred on the Our Star Blazers.com/Cosmo DNA Community on Facebook, It’s going to be a Dark Nebula Adaptation…

This brings about some interesting plot points as:

-Mamoru Kodai is already deceased in the 2199 Timeline. He was one of the 3 major Deaths in the Dark Nebula Storyline and his Sacrifice is what helps the Yamato to Escape Earth. (I expect Sanada to take his place, but instead of dying, I think they’ll turn him into a Cyborg and the Man vs Machine argument will be the main focus of the series, which was a background story in the original Comet Empire, but was dropped for 2202.)

my big hopes for this one:

Possible Spoilers

Melda and Yurisha are back in the thick of things, you see them in a cameo at the end of 2202, but having them be back in action would be nice, having them both marry Deslar at the end would be a bonus. Sasha surviving the whole thing would be nice too.

ANN Review - Star Blazers 2199 - The Complete Series

by Rob Bricken, Nov 6th 2019

Star Blazers 2202 Part Two | Own It Now

1 Like

Just got my ship notice for Yamato 2202 pt 2

1 Like

Finally got around to watching all of Yamao: 2202:

Spoilers!

I liked it, the stakes were very high, though I still wish they had adapted more along the lines of original Series 2, then the movie, instead of going for a kind of mashed up TV / Movie version.

-Animation was great (RIP XEBEC)

- Minor complaints:As much as I like the character, Akira Yamamoto’s survival was total BS- Desler’s redemption fell flat as they retconned all his terrible acts in 2199 to make it look like he was ferreting out dissenters and used the Yamato’s attack on Gamilas to do it[ - and waaaaaaayyyyy too much Wave Motion Gun Spam

other than that it was great, though not anywhere close to as good as 2199

Space Battleship Yamato 2205 Anime Debuts Next Winter

posted on 2020-02-03 11:55 EST by Jennifer Sherman
2020 sequel project to feature “short, decisive battle”

From the Latest Yamato 2202 report on ourstarblazers.com The 2205 production Studio is going to be Satelight (Macross Delta, Log Horizon S1)

This has been confirmed by Tim Eldred on the Ourstarblazers Facebook page
Here’s the page with what looks like a bunch of new recruits:

1 Like

April 2020 - Family Gekijo U.S. Press Release

Mar 24th 2020
Airing All 3 Uchusenkan Yamato Series Back-to-Back! Family Gekijo USA will bring back the timeless masterpiece of Japanese Anime!

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199, 2202 Anime Series Get Compilation Film in January

posted on 2020-09-24 23:32 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
120-minute film with commentary from main writer Harutoshi Fukui, new animation shots

1 Like

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199, 2202 Compilation Film’s Teaser Shows Unseen History

posted on 2020-10-21 21:51 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
120-minute film opens on January 15

1 Like