TCG Music Thread

Hypos and music don’t mix people! Wow, that’s over the top. Do any stage diving? j/k

Nah.
I sat way in the back at the bar, above the crowd, drinking my coffee.

Something I’ve been enjoying recently.

Hungarian Medieval Folk

The Coffee God wrote:

[quote]Something I’ve been enjoying recently.

Hungarian Medieval Folk

http://www.myspace.com/invictusimperium[/quote]

Took a while to listen to these as these are long form pieces. These were pretty neat! They certainly have an undercurrent of a fantasy type sound that would fit in a fantasy film or classic role playing game - I enjoy these kinds of music. Would definitely sound a lot grander with a real orchestra in a real hall or at least better tools.

The last song, Imperium with the screams at the beginning kind of made me laugh though. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure it would fit better if there was actual video to go along with it, as these are definitely pieces that sound, at least in my opinion, best when scored and coupled to media.

dragoon wrote:

[quote]Took a while to listen to these as these are long form pieces. These were pretty neat! They certainly have an undercurrent of a fantasy type sound that would fit in a fantasy film or classic role playing game - I enjoy these kinds of music. Would definitely sound a lot grander with a real orchestra in a real hall or at least better tools.

The last song, Imperium with the screams at the beginning kind of made me laugh though. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure it would fit better if there was actual video to go along with it, as these are definitely pieces that sound, at least in my opinion, best when scored and coupled to media.[/quote]

It would sound awesome with full orchestration!
That was something I thought about when listening to this, that it would be rather fitting with some form of visuals. Hell, even a music video of chopped up Conan scenes would work. That would be epic!

It’s a shame I haven’t heard anything from these guys in a few years, they were highly enjoyable.

Last I heard from them was back in 2007 when they had a new demo on their site for download.

Sadly, their site has been down for ages, so I wonder if they splitup.

[size=4]Kapel Maister[/size]

[video type=youtube][/video]

I’ve been on an Anthrax kick lately.

I’ve also been on a Folk kick recently as well, two bands in particular.
Dragoon you may like these.

“These seven words you’re trying to take!” Anthrax, startin’ up a posse…

The Coffee God wrote:

[quote]I’ve also been on a Folk kick recently as well, two bands in particular.
Dragoon you may like these.

[/quote]

Been listening the past few days.

Yeah I do!

Freiburger is cool, the distinct sound of the harp and performance is especially great.

The second L’Ham de Foc, is particularly awesome! I love stuff like that. She’s got a great natural voice, and the instrumentals along with her are extremely intricate, complex and all blend beautifully together. I love the middle eastern instruments used.

I looked for their site/myspace all I could find was the main guy’s My Space. He has a video from Valencia with Flamenco (nice!) and

…his other music, L’Ham de Foc-Somniava (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuHViJ7XHww), reminds me of one of my favorite soundtracks from Panzer Dragoon videogames: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsxMBrXm7Ic (wait for the climax, the intro is a bit simple). There’s a ton in the 4 soundtracks that are world leaning than orchestral. Some of the best game music, as far as I’m concerned and might be one’s alley if they like L’Ham.

The Somniava was pretty good. The crank must be a pain though!

dragoon wrote:

[quote]
The second L’Ham de Foc, is particularly awesome! I love stuff like that. She’s got a great natural voice, and the instrumentals along with her are extremely intricate, complex and all blend beautifully together. I love the middle eastern instruments used.[/quote]

I figured you’d like L’Ham De Foc, particularly that song.

Since I’m kinda still on a Medieval Folk kick, you might like these as well.
Though, these fall more in line as Neoclassical Medieval Folk.

These three are actually related to each other.
Ordo Funebris came first, then the members disbanded and went their seperate ways, creating two bands with similar sounds, Trobar de Morte and Narsilion.

More Neoclassical stuff from the Ambient area.

Just a little something to go along with the last post.

Listened to them.

All nice, some nicer than others.

• Narsilion with the celtic flute and violin was great. Enjoyed the woman’s vocals when it was more in the background, but the portions of the piece where she became the focus, with the guy’s voice (my least favorite), were not as to my taste as the instrumentals.

• Artesia LOVE it.

• Encryption they know how to create a lot of great tension and drama with their chords. Vocals sound very much like Enya in all the themes, right down to the way they bend their voices. Even their strings sound like stuff in her songs like in Dansul with the aggressive string bowing. Not bad things by the way. :slight_smile: His voice doesn’t seem to blend with the ensemble, like in Cold Skin, rather than providing contrast, I kind of found his tone clashing. What about you?

dragoon wrote:

I love them all, hence why I posted them.

But I really enjoy Encryption. They reminded me quite a bit of Tharen Dargaard | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos, whome I love.

But they also have a sound similar to Midnight Syndicate | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos, who did an official AD&D soundtrack of which I also love.

It’s kind of a shame this band disbanded.
I really liked them.

NSFW

[spoiler]It’s NSFW because of the album cover.

[video type=youtube]HtOb0sYm0qg[/video][/spoiler]

Uh, yes it is. That was a great song. What happened to them?

fillet wrote:

She decided to stop making music, that’s about all I know about it.

Have you heard of Loreena McKennitt? She blends Celtic & Middle Eastern themes in her music. A few of her best CD’s are “The Mask and Mirror”, “The Book of Secrets” and “The Visit”. If you like the folk stuff,you might like her, although she is usually listed under “World Music”.