Tears to Tiara

I finally sat down and watched episodes 8, 9 and 10 and all I’ll say is…

I KNEW IT!

I KNEW IT!

I KNEW IT!

Episode 8 -

Spoiler

While Gaius has requested reinforcements from the Senate, they have dispatched someone named Delator to Albion to find Arawn. Is he an assassin?
The Senate has also ordered the Lublum soldiers to Albion. Interesting that they are sending a police force that handles surveillance after the Gael clan and not Gaius. Nice too that the leader taunts Gaius that she will defeat the Gael clan in his place.
Loved Ermin’s handmade picture book with page after page after page of “Whack, whack! They defeat them.” It was also interesting to learn that Arawn’s original red sword was named “Edrum” and that he had given a black sword to Lord Pwyll named “Darwin”. He envisions the black sword as being in a stone. More Arthur legend!
One ship is spotted and reported. Because of the red flag, Ogam knows it is probably the Lublum soldiers and Arthur plans an ambush. However, the leader of the soldiers sees immediately that it is a trap and purposely sets off the Gael’s warning system. Arawn and Arthur go out to meet them and discover that the leader’s name is Lidia and that she is the commanding officer of the Imperial Senate’s police force, Lublum.
Arthur attacks them without thinking, confident of a swift victory, but soon finds out that these soldiers don’t die easily. They are stronger, more organized and much deadlier. The Gaels are losing the battle and Arawn has Ogam put up a barrier which allows them to retreat safely.
Arthur later takes the blame for being overconfident and taking the enemy too lightly. I liked when Arawn punched him in the face and told him not to obsess over failure and instead asked him about his next move. He tells Arthur to win back his honor in the next battle. And Rathty has an idea. I wonder what it is.
At the barracks, Octavia overhears that Lublum soldiers have been sent to Albion after the Gaels. Later, as she walks through the compound, she smells a terrible odor, but when she goes to investigate, she gets knocked out by her own men! Bubulx has to be behind this and it must be some kind of revenge for his loss at the tournament!

Ep. 11

Funny that Mo-chan got streaking and stoic confused. The first one would have been more entertaining. Mo-chan sure can spaz out when she is nervous. She does make a great team with Octavia. Loved the scene when everyone showed up to back them up. It was a good episode about loyalty.

The dub of this series is now a must buy.

Episode 9 -

Spoiler

So, Rathty’s idea was a tunnel. I thought as much. But he ended up taking everyone to the wrong place!
Octavia, gagged and bound, was stuffed into a crate and given to Lidia. It seems that Octavia has more than one enemy in the military that suffered humiliation at her hands. Lidia thinks that Octavia’s recent behavior only proves that the military is corrupt and tells Octavia that she’ll be sent to the mines to face hard labor. Lidia seems a little bit crazy, but I’d think you have to be to do what she does. Lidia would love to whip Octavia’s naked body until she screams, but the military has ordered otherwise and since she follows the rules, she will obey. But it’s killing her that she can’t get her hands on Octavia and she closes the crate back up.
The Gaels have overpowered the guards and are taking the supplies from the storehouses. Of course, Morgan found the “hooch” and helped herself to some before Arawn caught her. He stops her and tells her to get back to work. Ogam shows Arawn numerous crates of corpses. Arawn is puzzled as to why they are being collected and asks Ogam to investigate it. Arawn checks the next storehouse and just happens to find Octavia amongst all those other crates. And just like a typical male, he says “I feel like I’ve seen you before.” Too funny!
Arthur comes to tell him that something isn’t right with the enemy and suggests that they leave. Arawn closes the crate and won’t let Arthur see the contents. Instead he asks Arthur what he would do with an enemy soldier. Arthur tells Arawn that the Gael clan would shrink their head and this causes Octavia to gasp through her gag. Arawn says that they should go but Arthur still wants to look inside the crate. Arawn orders him to forget about it and Arthur starts to protest, but others come to tell them that the enemy has discovered the Gael’s presence.
Arawn and Arthur will distract the soldiers while the others escape with the supplies. They set fire to the storehouses and the soldiers get too busy putting out the fires to stop them. I’m a little worried about Octavia. Arawn and Arthur do end up facing some soldiers and I like how Arawn teased Arthur, saying that they should run away. But he’s only kidding and lets Arthur fight to his heart’s content.
Lidia sees the fire and returns. The Gaels escape, followed by Arawn and Arthur on horseback and the two meet Lidia. Arthur says “I have repaid our debt to you” and Arawn tells her to “look forward to opening the gift we left you” before they ride off, promising to fight Lidia again someday as the base continues to burn.
The Gaels congratulate themselves on a job well done. They have plenty of supplies now and Morgan is happy that she doesn’t have to eat crab again. However, one crate is empty and they are all puzzled as to why they took it. But Arawn knows exactly why the crate is empty, especially when he sees a shadow from the corner of his eye. Is he just going to leave Octavia free like that?
Later, Ogam reports to Arawn on the crates of corpses. They are to be loaded onto boats and sent out from Londinium. Both are confused as to why, since the Empire usually cremates the dead. Ogam also tells Arawn that it’s just not the bodies of Imperial soldiers, but also civilians as well as enemy warriors. They wonder why the Empire is gathering corpses and Arawn suddenly has an idea, but hopes he’s wrong.
Lidia checks the remains of the storehouses to find all of her supplies gone – as well as Octavia. However, she is relieved to think that they “are still in the same land” and laughs maniacally. I guess she thinks that she may still get a chance to get Octavia in her hands and do with her as she wants.
Late at night, Arawn visits his own storehouse and calls for Octavia to come out of hiding. She does and he finally remembers her. He starts to call her “that lady swordsman from the…” but she cuts him off and tells him that she is Octavia of the Aurelia family of Imperial linage. She draws her sword against him, but Arawn says that he only wants to talk to her. Octavia tells him that she has no interest in “speaking with the leader of a band of scoundrels” and I think that amused him.
Octavia tells Arawn to draw his sword, but Arawn cautions her against causing a big commotion. Octavia says that she will take on everyone until she is defeated. Arawn gives in and fights her, but only toys with her since he hardly moves or expends any energy. When Octavia gets close to him, he can see that there is a wound in her side and she is losing blood. She declares that she “won’t be taken as prisoner of war” and Arawn tells her to stop as he sheathes his sword.
Octavia questions him and Arawn says that “I don’t fight people who’ve already resigned themselves to death” and asks her why “humans don’t try to live freely.” He gets angry that they throw their lives away for things like laws, honor and pride. Octavia hesitates and asks for his name. Arawn tells her and she says that she knows him as The Demon King of prophesy. She questions what he will do with her as a prisoner of war and he says “nothing really” making her question that as well. Arawn says “if you’ve lost that desire to die, just forget everything and go start a new life someplace quiet.” Octavia calls him “pathetic” and says that she wishes she could have met him on the battlefield. Then she succumbs to her wound, passing out and Arawn rushes to her aid. Do I see another wife in his future? LOL

Ep. 9

My bet the empire is going to make a Zombie army.
As for Arawn, wonder if he just had bad luck with an aptitude test. “Demon King! I wanted to be a vet.” :laugh:

I think you might be right ShawnMerrow -

Spoiler

I was thinking an army of undead as well.

As for the test thing - you just made me laugh so hard with that! Love it! :laugh:

Tiffany Grant recently conducted a series of interviews and revealed some tidbits about the upcoming Tears To Tiara dub.

In these, she revealed she will be playing the role of Morgan in the series. The dub is currently in production. And yes, she will have an Irish accent.

Tiffany also revealed that in addition to voicing Morgan, she wrote the ADR script for the first 13 episodes. Her husband Matt Greenfield will be writing the second half of the series.

And in what is perhaps the most exciting news, Matt Greenfield will be DIRECTING Tears to Tiara! So while I was pumped for this show before, I’m even more excited now!

Matt and Tiffany, it’s bee a while since we have heard your work. I can’t wait!

http://www.secretvisionsanime.com/index.php?news&nid=9

That is some awesome news. I really can’t wait to get my hands on it now.

Ep. 12

Riannon sure is caring person even bringing flowers to the dead imperial soldiers. Also even as a prisoner she makes friends with her captures. Poor Arthur, she ran right past him straight to Arawn. :laugh:
I’m starting to wonder if the guy with the harp is an Elf.

So since it’s being dubbed, that means Blu-Ray is possible?

A bluray release is certainly a possibility. However, if Sentai is considering one, it will probably be some time before we see it. The show finished up it’s DVD run the same time we got ours, and there has been no bluray release yet. The best we could hope for is a simultaneous release with Japan, but that’s is HIGHLY unlikely. They would most likely make Sentai wait at least a few months before shipping a bluray set.

I imagine Sentai and Section 23 will be closely watching the sales of Appleseed and Legend of The Dark King on bluray. They will probably be wanting to see what kind of reception these titles get on the market, before firmly committing to more BD releases. If you really want more bluray releases, make sure to support the ones coming out.

Actually Japan got a Blu-Ray release 8 singles last one came out in January of this year there.

I guess you’re right. Thanks for the correction. So I guess a bluray release is possible, though that still depends on a large number of factors. The bluray singles only ended their run a few months ago, so it will likely be another month or two before there would be any announcement.

Now I want that box!

LOL, I looked at the first post and it was 7mos ago (thats about when I first was made aware of anime)
I saw a couple eps today and am kind of liking this.

Looking forward to more while I patiently wait for more eps of Demon King Daimao!

WOW!!! :ohmy:
$80+ for 3 episodes.
Oh those wacky otakus.

But it’s almost worth it to get that art box… almost…

They did allow Sentai to release the final DVD’s almost day and date with the Japanese release. It may not be too much to hope for a bluray release.

I’ll just make my own art box.
It’ll have stickers and elbow macaroni.
Oohh, and glitter.
And a big “TEARS TO TIARA: Complete Collection” in sharpie marker.

Nice… :wink:

1 Like

It would be cheaper to buy an upconverting DVD player - and a pretty good one at that - than to buy eight singles at $80 a pop.

LOL, $80 for 1 disk? they are nutts…(I paid $45 for the complete art box set of Utawar)

So far I am up to ep10 and the more I watch of Tears to Tiara the more I see Utawarerumono

I wonder if there will be limits on Tears to Tiara’s Blu-Ray box if Sentai gets the rights?