Terraformars

Only 1-3? I’m pleasantly surprised that they’re actually responding to their audience telling them that they’re shooting themselves in the foot. Will these uncensored streams continue in a timely fashion? That’s the big question IMO.

Last episode was a chore for me to watch, and I’m not even sure there was censoring going on. Heh.

I understand they need to censor this stuff for TV, but they went WAY overboard for the first two episodes.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-868965/terraformars-uncensored-24-hours-starting-saturday-6pm-pt

TERRAFORMARS Uncensored 24 hours Starting Saturday 6pm PT

SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK THIS SATURDAY

Hey everyone, we’e got some exciting news regarding the uncensored version of TERRAFORMARS! Starting on Saturday, October 25 at 6pm Pacific Time, for a full 24 hours until Sunday at 5:56pm Pacific Time, episodes 1-3 will be available uncensored!

We hope you guys all enjoy this special sneak peek, and stay tuned for when we have the whole uncensored series on our site at a later date!

Well I’ll hold off viewing Episode 3 until tomorrow then :smile:

Though if I see ep 3 uncensored then ep 4+ uncensored will be a letdown. Hard choice :frowning:

Crunchyroll Schedules Uncensored Terraformars #1-3

posted on 2014-10-24 23:57 EDT

The uncensored eps are supposedly up, but I’m still seeing censorship:

That’s because you’re watching the normal censored episode.
The uncensored episodes are listed separately in the collapsible section underneath the regular episodes.

If only that option had been there when I watched, and I did attempt to watch during the proper time period.

Oh well, Crunchy is fraught with issues on Saturdays. Par for the course.

They were late putting them up, by about 30ish minutes.
The moment all 3 episodes were up, is when I made this post.

If you watched it anytime after I made that post, that option was already present on the series page.

Not for me: I only had 6 videos on the tab. When I finally obtained the option to watch it, there were 9. Oh well, like I said I’m used to crunchy getting screwy on Saturdays.

More importantly, buried under some of that censorship was some really budget animation. The lack of censorship made the show more watchable, but it didn’t give the show the boost that I was hoping it would.

Terraformars 2nd OVA Episode’s Trailer Streamed

posted on 2014-10-31 10:33 EDT
Second OVA episode to bundle with the manga’s 11th volume

Crunchyroll Schedules Uncensored Terraformars #4-7

posted on 2014-11-26 23:57 EST

Crunchyroll Schedules Team Medical Dragon Season 4, Uncensored Terraformars #8-10

posted on 2014-12-19 23:54 EST

Terraformars Jump Festa 2015 Promo Looks Back on Series

posted on 2014-12-20 05:31 EST
Final episode of action series premiered on Friday

TV Anime “Terraformars” Jump Festa 2015 PV

December 19, 2014 11:10pm CST
Young Jump’s booth is featuring a life-size Terraformar statue

Episode 6 was rather crazy and fun.

With the survival rates of the surgery being what they are, I suppose the humans can’t afford to be picky with whom they pick to send to Mars but some of these people really suck. Also, seeing what they’ve done in this ep, I wonder if guns might actually be more useful against roaches than that early scene led us to believe.

This show desperately needs a Starship Troopers-inspired dub though.

To reference The Boondocks, it looks like Adolph’s wife sure can run in high heels. :frowning:

I’m still of the opinion that the team adapting the manga into an anime isn’t sufficiently imaginative as to how to go about it. The silent-movie style “cut to a screen of text” is particularly telling.

On the show, how is it that they could pack such a powerful device into so small a container but yet couldn’t equip them with firearms that were more than, effectively, pea shooters? IMO they shouldn’t have been so quick to abandon the usage of guns in general.

Why not train all the bug-men as fighters and send normal human scientists to do whatever science stuff needs doing? The vast majority of the bug-men can’t fight (it’s as though they received no training whatsoever) and their bug-ness doesn’t seem to give them a boost in “scienceness” over a normal person.

I’m not sure how they’ll wrap this up with only a few more eps remaining.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-881259/terraformars-uncensored-on-crunchyroll-schedule-updates-shows-expiring

TERRAFORMARS Uncensored on Crunchyroll

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having a nice break over the holidays right now! We’ve got a couple of additional announcements and updates before the end the of the year, starting with some more exciting news: when will we be getting the uncensored version of TERRAFORMARS on Crunchyroll for good??

Well, we’ve finally got some news for everyone! Starting TODAY with episodes 1 and 2, we’ve got a schedule of when you can catch the rest of the uncensored TERRAFORMARS episodes available on Crunchyroll!

[b] - #3, #4: 1/28/2015

• #5, #6: 2/25/2015
  • #7, #8: 3/25/2015
  • #9, #10: 4/22/2015
  • #11, #12: 5/27/2015
  • #13: 6/24/2015[/b]

June 2015?!

Did you really expect it to be sooner?
It coincides with the corresponding JP DVD/BD releases.

I’m surprised that they’re going through with it at all as other censored shows don’t regularly get this treatment, right?

Can the hype for this series be maintained for 6 more months? My “reading” of the fandom was that Terraformars hadn’t risen above the regard level of “meh”.

Viz Media Acquires Master Merchandise Rights for Terra Formars

posted on 2015-02-12 18:30 EST
Company expects to roll out merchandise starting this year

VIZ.com: VIZ MEDIA NAMED THE NORTH AMERICAN MASTER MERCHANDISE LICENSEE FOR THE SCI-FI HORROR ANIME PROPERTY TERRA FORMARS

February 12, 2015
Leading Manga Publisher And Anime Licensor To Manage The Licensing And Development Of A Range Of Products Based On The Acclaimed Sci-Fi Creature Thriller

U.S. Department of Defense’s DARPA Research Eerily Similar to Terraformars

posted on 2015-06-26 16:20

2 Likes