Transformers / Tatakae! Chô robot seimeitai Transformers (all anime)

Transformers (US)

Genres: action, science fiction
Themes: mecha, super robot, war
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Fleeing from the war that has raged on the planet Cybertron for millions of years, the heroic Autobots led by Optimus Prime encounter a surprise attack by the evil Decepticons led by Megatron. The ensuing melee aboard the Autobot ship ends when the ship crashes on a volcano. Four million years later, an earthquake reactivates the ship’s computer and resurrects both the Autobots and Decepticons, resuming the great war of the Transformers.
Number of episodes: 98
Vintage: 1984-09-17 to 1987-11-11

ANN Info Page

List of Transformers sequels, movies, etc.

just borrowed my roommate’s VHS player so I could give this old tape a spin. Such a fabulous movie, with interesting plot twists and fabulous animation. Unicron, a very brutal Devastator, as well as fabulous performances by Leonard Nimoy and Casey Casem are just a few additions to the original universe that make this a real masterpiece for those of all ages to enjoy.

I don’t recommend reading the wikipedia entry if you haven’t already seen this, as the wikipedia entry usually contains spoilers.

I loved this movie. I still can remember seeing it in the theater back then when i was just a kid. Still have it on vhs somewhere in a box. I wish there was more transformers stuff in this old vein rather then what the series has become. Oh well still fond memeories, and ill have to rewatch it again at somepoint soon.

This was a good movie. I tell yeah I was giant Transformers fan as a kid. I am still am a tf fan. My parents drove me out of the way to go see it as it wasn’t playing near me. I still remember walking out crying my eyes out. By the way I don’t care if you got it on tape but if you can you got to find a copy of the 20th Anniversary Special Edition dvd. The special features make this a must buy for any tf fan. Fan commentary with all kinds of goodies about the movie, deleted scenes, and short feature on death of optimus prime, and more.

This movie was great. So was the tv series. G1 Transformers were the best. All the rest that came after (Beast Wars, Armada, Animated) all ranged from ehhh…(shrugs) to downright blahhh…(vomit ejecting at mach 5).

Can’t say the same about G.I. Joe The Movie. That was just shameful.

First Mecha that I have seen.

The music at the end of the movie is on guitar hero now. (link says rumor but it contains the working video)

http://transformerscollectorsset.com/

Only the Transformer site is working but when you go to pre-order their is the option to add the GI JOE set to the order.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transformers-25th-Anniversary-Matrix-of-Leadership-Set/11998

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/GI-Joe-Complete-Collector's-Footlocker-Set/11999

Transformers Complete is $140.00

GI JOE Complete is $145.00

Going to try to pre-order both
I doubt I’ll have $285.00 to spend in one month so probably only be able to get one they have to wait for the retail launch on the other.

Have to see how my money looks.
Quite excited as the Rhino release for TF G1 has been out of print and was not the best.
The Rhino GI JOE release was never finished if I remember right.
Plus the few disc I got from Rhino seems to have started to actually rot.

This is probably more for us Children of the 80’s then anything.

This is awesome!
But sadly, there is absolutely no way I could possibly afford this anytime in the near future.

I agree completely. nice to see them on dvd though

Did anyone else see it. I saw it Tuesday at midnight which was the first showing. And I must say that movie was great. The critics have been bashing this movie for no reason. It’s hilarous great action and an ok story so idk go see it!

Wow, didn’t know they were having private screenings for it, man I wish I’d known. I’d have went to see it! When’s the official release on it though?

Hey PP are you lining up to see HIM? :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah it was freaking great!!! I saw it at the alamo draft house, so transformers with chips and queso and of course, BEER! Nothing could spoil it except for the gril next to us who could not stop screaming anytime something the least bit surprising happens.

Damn you, Haissan. Damn you.

Looks for the statue of liberty Yep, I did that… It was Ale a really good Ale too, that stuff they serve warm because it actually tastes great and doesn’t need cold to kill the nasty flavor like in Bud, Miller, Coors, and others…Draft House amber was her name…MMMmmm…

Whats funny is One of my masters is 26 and he went to a premier at a bigger Theatre one called rave… anywho… he was surrounded by youngsters, he said he, this is in his own words, felt like he was a freshman again. Add to that, he later messaged me he and a pair of mexicans were the only non white people in the whole theatre that night, funny I thought, because the theatre I was at, I was surrounded by minorities, asians, black, mexican, there were maybe three other white couples in the whole theatre, it was funny because my girlfriend was getting racy with her selection of words.then add to this, in front of us were three pairs of lesbians, and they were not attractive, they were butch… man it was terrible, I could not tell if one of them was a guy or a girl, the person was young, but I could not tell…

I laughed my ass off. OO the GI Joe trailer I think the GI Joe fellas plagiarized the suits from halo… I mean acceleration suits? okay the Idea has been around for longer than halo, but the armor design and especially the helmet was nearly Identical to the ODST outfit…kinda annoying

Went to see it yesterday. The action was good, but the problem is they always get too close with all the fast moving little bits you can’t actually see whats going on, I’d rather they made the Transformers more blocky, like they were in the old cartoons. I can ignore that though it didn’t ruin the movie for me.

What did almost ruin the movie is all the childish humour and swearing for no reason. The dogs humping was sort of funny (Saw it coming when they first showed the dogs), but that little robot dry humping that womans leg, calling her a bitch, calling the guy a pussy, none of that should have been in the movie. The guy that went to college as well was just like every other kid that goes to college in american movies, I don’t think I could have been any more bored of him and his family and girl friend. I heard somewhere that she is supposed to have been voted the sexiest woman in the world, but seriously I’ve seen a dozen women today that are hotter than her. And Devastator having balls, come on how old was the director 12?

Why did they put those crap new Autobots into the main story and sideline all the ones I actually went to see? And how many more times are they going to kill Optimus Prime?

Oddly though even with all of that rubbish I did like the movie and Transformers hasn’t been ruined for me. It was a close call though.

http://shadowstitch.com/images/devastator.jpg

I had a chance to see new Transformers and Star Trek movies at the drive-in last night. I thought Transformers was great, but I was a little put off by all of the language. I think there was a bit of overkill with the “nut sack” jokes. The first film was much more family friendly(except for all of the killings of course). Overall, great action flick, just don’t bring the little kiddies.
Star Trek was awesome. I loved it. The cast was a perfect fit, and I hope to see another Trek film soon.
Slick

I thought Transformers was good, but it was too long. It dragged on and on. Especially the last half. Also, some the dramatic effects were too much. They took too long getting to Optimus Prime to revive him.

they wanted to put the awesome fight scenes

Transformers Rock Out in Totally Metal SDCC Exclusive

posted on 2014-06-05 21:00 EDT

Polygon Pictures to Animate Transformers: Robots in Disguise

posted on 2014-06-15 23:57 EDT

1986 Game Transformers: Mystery of Convoy Gets TV Anime

posted on 2014-08-07 07:40 EDT
DLE also remakes game into smartphone app to promote Q Transformers toys.

Q Transformers TV Anime’s Opening Sequence Streamed With OLDCODEX

posted on 2014-12-27 03:05 EST
OLDCODEX performs theme song, band’s vocalist plays Lockdown in anime premiering January 6