Transformers / Tatakae! Chô robot seimeitai Transformers (all anime)

[size=16]Transformers (US)[/size]

[quote]Genres: action, science fiction
Themes: mecha, super robot, war
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Fleeing from the war that has raged on the planet Cybertron for millions of years, the heroic Autobots led by Optimus Prime encounter a surprise attack by the evil Decepticons led by Megatron. The ensuing melee aboard the Autobot ship ends when the ship crashes on a volcano. Four million years later, an earthquake reactivates the ship’s computer and resurrects both the Autobots and Decepticons, resuming the great war of the Transformers.
Number of episodes: 98
Vintage: 1984-09-17 to 1987-11-11[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers: Super God Masterforce[/size]

Themes: mecha, space, super robot, war
Plot Summary: Even though the Destrons have been driven off Earth, a small team of Cybertron Pretenders have remained behind, just in case. Led by Metalhawk (“Hawk” in his human identity), the Pretenders live among the humans, using their Pretender shells to assume human size and appearance. The Cybertrons’ caution is rewarded: Destron Pretenders soon appear, led by a mysterious force called Devil Z. The Cybertrons and Destrons soon build up their forces, recruiting humans to become Junior Headmasters and Godmasters (Powermasters).
Number of episodes: 42
Vintage: 1988-04-12 to 1989-03-07[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers: Victory[/size]

Themes: mecha, space, super robot, war
Plot Summary: Set in 2025 A.D., Transformers Victory introduces Star Saber, the mightiest Cybertron warrior and the greatest swordsman in the galaxy. The Destrons are continuing to invade planets throughout the universe, so the Cybertrons have joined with the humans to form the Space Defense Force, with Star Saber as its leader. Leading the Destrons is Deathzaras, who has targeted Earth as the next planet to plunder…
Number of episodes: 32
Vintage: 1989-03-14 to 1989-12-19[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Beast Wars: Transformers (US)[/size]

[quote]Genres: action, comedy, science fiction
Themes: mecha
Plot Summary: 300 years have passed since the Great War between the Autobots and Decepticons. Cybertron is ruled by the Maximals, the descendants of the Autobots. They are at peace with the Predacons, the descendants of the Decepticons. One particular Predacon is looking to start trouble again. Megatron gathered a crew and stole Cybertron’s most guarded relic: the golden disk. His escape was interrupted by a Maximal exploration ship led by Optimus Primal. The Axalon followed the Predacons into transwap space and both ships crash landed on an unknown planet. Megatron’s plan was successful, the planet they crashed on was loaded with energon. As a matter of fact, there was to much energon for them to handle. Both sides had to create alternate forms based on local animal life to survive on this planet. Now its up to Optimus Primal and the Maximals to stop Megatron from gaining enough energon to conquer the galaxy.
Number of episodes: 52
Vintage: 1996-09-16 to 1999-05-07[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers: Beast Wars II[/size]

Themes: mecha, war
Plot Summary: Beast Wars II tells the story of a battle waging between Lio Convoy’s team of Cybertrons (Maximals) and Galvatron’s army of Destrons (Predacon) on the planet Gaia. As LioConvoy and Galvatron fight over the mysterious energy source known as Angolmois energy, many strange occurrences and mysterious properties of Angolmois begin to arise.
Number of episodes: 43
Vintage: 1998-04-01 to 1999-01-27[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Beast Machines: Transformers (US)[/size]

Plot Summary: The Maximals have awaken on their home planet of Cybertron. They have no memory of how they got to the planet in the first place and to make maters worse, they’ve all been downgraded to their first forms and are unable to transform out of their Earth creature forms. This creates a problem when they can’t defend themselves from the Vehicons, mindless transformers created by Megatron who has somehow taken control of the entire planet. It’s up to the Maximals to find a way to fight back against Megatron and free the captive population of the planet.
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 1999-09-18 to 2000-11-18[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers: Robots in Disguise[/size]

Plot Summary: An evil race of transforming robots known as the Destronger make their appearance known by invading a world exposition in New York and abducting Professor Onishi, a renowned scientist. The professor’s son Yuuki befriends Fire Convoy and the heroic Cybertron forces, who will stop at nothing to rescue the professor and protect Earth from the wrath of Gigatron and his Destronger henchmen.
Number of episodes: 39
Vintage: 2000-04-05 to 2000-12-27[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers: Armada[/size]

[quote]Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, science fiction
Plot Summary: The war between the Cybertrons and Destrons rages on planet Seibetron for the sake of controlling the microns, mini Transformers that can link with the bigger Transformers and give them unbeatable powers. Realising that the war is due to them, the microns were sent out to deep space by the Cybertrons on a Cybertron shuttle. The Destrons go in pursuit the shuttle but the shuttle managed to escape and crash-landed on earth. After 4 million years, 3 young brats accidentally activated the mysterious micron ship thus sending signals to both Cybertrons & Destrons. The war between the Cybertrons & the Destrons once again rages on earth to control the microns, thus revealing many mysteries of the universe including the dark force, Unicron.
Vintage: 2002-08-23 to 2003-12-12[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers: Energon[/size]

[quote]Genres: action, adventure, science fiction
Plot Summary: It has been 10 years since the fateful battle with Unicron. Many of the Decepticons who fought in the battle against Unicron have joined forces with the Autobots to mine for Energon, an alternate energy source. But a new source of evil has a risen, Alpha Q who plans to steal the Energon from the Autobots with the help of Scorponok and the Terrorcons. This new evil is trying to revive Megatron and Unicron in order to rekindle the old flames of war.
Number of Episodes: 52
Vintage: 2004-01-09[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers: Cybertron[/size]

Plot Summary: Upon the destruction caused by the Grand Black Hole, the cybertron warriors from Planet Seibetron flee to earth in search of the way to stop the Grand Black Hole. They were joined by Vector Prime, an ancient Transformer that were sent by the past to aid and warn them on the dangers of the Grand Black Hole. They were told to gather the legendary planet forces in order to stop the chaos but Master Megatron has his own plans for the planet forces. As they embark on the search, they land on new planets which are inhabited by different Transformer races as well as the Convoys who lead these planets.
Vintage: 2005-01-08 to 2005-12-31[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers Animated (US)[/size]

Plot Summary: After inadvertently discovering the lost relic known as the “Allspark,” Optimus Prime and his rag-tag team of Autobots are immediately attacked by the Decepticons. During their escape, the Autobots - with Megatron as a stowaway - crash-land near Detroit, Michigan. Fifty years later, Detroit has become a super-advanced metropolis, thanks to Prof. Isaac Sumdac’s reverse engineering of Megatron’s damaged body. The city becomes a battlefield as the Autobots emerge from their stasis and, with the help of Prof. Sumdac’s daughter Sari, protect the population from the invading Decepticons.
Number of episodes: 42
Vintage: 2007-12-26 to 2009-05-23[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=16]Transformers: Prime (US)[/size]

Number of Episodes: 26
Vintage: 2010-11-29[/quote]
ANN Info Page

Transformers: The Movie (US) Vintage: 1986-08-08
Transformers: Beast Wars II: The Movie Vintage: 1998-12-19

Transformers: Scramble City (OAV) Vintage: 1986
Transformers: Zone (OAV) Vintage: 1990
Transformers: Robot Masters (OAV) Vintage: 2004
Transformers Go! (OAV) Vintage: 2013-07

just borrowed my roommate’s VHS player so I could give this old tape a spin. Such a fabulous movie, with interesting plot twists and fabulous animation. Unicron, a very brutal Devastator, as well as fabulous performances by Leonard Nimoy and Casey Casem are just a few additions to the original universe that make this a real masterpiece for those of all ages to enjoy.

I don’t recommend reading the wikipedia entry if you haven’t already seen this, as the wikipedia entry usually contains spoilers.

I loved this movie. I still can remember seeing it in the theater back then when i was just a kid. Still have it on vhs somewhere in a box. I wish there was more transformers stuff in this old vein rather then what the series has become. Oh well still fond memeories, and ill have to rewatch it again at somepoint soon.

This was a good movie. I tell yeah I was giant Transformers fan as a kid. I am still am a tf fan. My parents drove me out of the way to go see it as it wasn’t playing near me. I still remember walking out crying my eyes out. By the way I don’t care if you got it on tape but if you can you got to find a copy of the 20th Anniversary Special Edition dvd. The special features make this a must buy for any tf fan. Fan commentary with all kinds of goodies about the movie, deleted scenes, and short feature on death of optimus prime, and more.

This movie was great. So was the tv series. G1 Transformers were the best. All the rest that came after (Beast Wars, Armada, Animated) all ranged from ehhh…(shrugs) to downright blahhh…(vomit ejecting at mach 5).

Can’t say the same about G.I. Joe The Movie. That was just shameful.

First Mecha that I have seen.

The music at the end of the movie is on guitar hero now. (link says rumor but it contains the working video)

http://www.gijoecollectorsset.com/
Only the Transformer site is working but when you go to pre-order their is the option to add the GI JOE set to the order.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transformers-25th-Anniversary-Matrix-of-Leadership-Set/11998

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/GI-Joe-Complete-Collector's-Footlocker-Set/11999

Transformers Complete is $140.00

GI JOE Complete is $145.00

Going to try to pre-order both
I doubt I’ll have $285.00 to spend in one month so probably only be able to get one they have to wait for the retail launch on the other.

Have to see how my money looks.
Quite excited as the Rhino release for TF G1 has been out of print and was not the best.
The Rhino GI JOE release was never finished if I remember right.
Plus the few disc I got from Rhino seems to have started to actually rot.

This is probably more for us Children of the 80’s then anything.

This is awesome!
But sadly, there is absolutely no way I could possibly afford this anytime in the near future.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
This is awesome!
But sadly, there is absolutely no way I could possibly afford this anytime in the near future.[/quote]

I agree completely. nice to see them on dvd though

Did anyone else see it. I saw it Tuesday at midnight which was the first showing. And I must say that movie was great. The critics have been bashing this movie for no reason. It’s hilarous great action and an ok story so idk go see it!

Wow, didn’t know they were having private screenings for it, man I wish I’d known. I’d have went to see it! When’s the official release on it though?

Hey PP are you lining up to see HIM? :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah it was freaking great!!! I saw it at the alamo draft house, so transformers with chips and queso and of course, BEER! Nothing could spoil it except for the gril next to us who could not stop screaming anytime something the least bit surprising happens.

Damn you, Haissan. Damn you.

Looks for the statue of liberty Yep, I did that… It was Ale a really good Ale too, that stuff they serve warm because it actually tastes great and doesn’t need cold to kill the nasty flavor like in Bud, Miller, Coors, and others…Draft House amber was her name…MMMmmm…

Whats funny is One of my masters is 26 and he went to a premier at a bigger Theatre one called rave… anywho… he was surrounded by youngsters, he said he, this is in his own words, felt like he was a freshman again. Add to that, he later messaged me he and a pair of mexicans were the only non white people in the whole theatre that night, funny I thought, because the theatre I was at, I was surrounded by minorities, asians, black, mexican, there were maybe three other white couples in the whole theatre, it was funny because my girlfriend was getting racy with her selection of words.then add to this, in front of us were three pairs of lesbians, and they were not attractive, they were butch… man it was terrible, I could not tell if one of them was a guy or a girl, the person was young, but I could not tell…

I laughed my ass off. OO the GI Joe trailer I think the GI Joe fellas plagiarized the suits from halo… I mean acceleration suits? okay the Idea has been around for longer than halo, but the armor design and especially the helmet was nearly Identical to the ODST outfit…kinda annoying

Went to see it yesterday. The action was good, but the problem is they always get too close with all the fast moving little bits you can’t actually see whats going on, I’d rather they made the Transformers more blocky, like they were in the old cartoons. I can ignore that though it didn’t ruin the movie for me.

What did almost ruin the movie is all the childish humour and swearing for no reason. The dogs humping was sort of funny (Saw it coming when they first showed the dogs), but that little robot dry humping that womans leg, calling her a bitch, calling the guy a pussy, none of that should have been in the movie. The guy that went to college as well was just like every other kid that goes to college in american movies, I don’t think I could have been any more bored of him and his family and girl friend. I heard somewhere that she is supposed to have been voted the sexiest woman in the world, but seriously I’ve seen a dozen women today that are hotter than her. And Devastator having balls, come on how old was the director 12?

Why did they put those crap new Autobots into the main story and sideline all the ones I actually went to see? And how many more times are they going to kill Optimus Prime?

Oddly though even with all of that rubbish I did like the movie and Transformers hasn’t been ruined for me. It was a close call though.

http://shadowstitch.com/images/devastator.jpg

I had a chance to see new Transformers and Star Trek movies at the drive-in last night. I thought Transformers was great, but I was a little put off by all of the language. I think there was a bit of overkill with the “nut sack” jokes. The first film was much more family friendly(except for all of the killings of course). Overall, great action flick, just don’t bring the little kiddies.
Star Trek was awesome. I loved it. The cast was a perfect fit, and I hope to see another Trek film soon.
Slick

I thought Transformers was good, but it was too long. It dragged on and on. Especially the last half. Also, some the dramatic effects were too much. They took too long getting to Optimus Prime to revive him.

they wanted to put the awesome fight scenes

[size=20]Transformers Rock Out in Totally Metal SDCC Exclusive[/size]
posted on 2014-06-05 21:00 EDT

If you’re one of the lucky ones who was able to get a pass to this year’s San Diego Comic Con, and have the patience to battle the exhibit hall crowds for show exclusives, then you can celebrate the 30th anniversary of Transformers at the Hasbro (#3329) booth with this mega-rocking, hair metal Special Edition collector’s set of Optimus Prime, Megatron, Smooth Jazz, and Soundwave.

Together, they unite as Knights of Unicron, with a little help from Laserbeak and Ratbat, who transform into an electric guitar and keytar, respectively.

The Transformers 30th Anniversary Tour Edition Action Figure Set will come with a “roadie case,” posters, stickers, a concert ticket, an all-access VIP pass, and a booklet chronicling the history of the Knights of Unicron.

Assuming you get to the set before it sells out, it’ll set you back $184.99. Luckily, it will also be sold online.

[size=20]Polygon Pictures to Animate Transformers: Robots in Disguise[/size]
posted on 2014-06-15 23:57 EDT

POLYGON PICTURES CEO Shūzō Shiota tweeted on Friday that his company would return to animate the Transformers: Robots in Disguise television series. The series will premiere in spring 2015.

The company previously animated the Transformers Prime animated series.