The Ambition of Oda Nobuna / Oda Nobuna no Yabō

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna / Oda Nobuna no Yabō

Genres: action, comedy, drama, magic, romance
Themes: conspiracy, fanservice, gender switch, harem, historical, ninja, revenge, samurai, time travel, unrequited love, war
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2012-07-08 to 2012-09-23

Plot Summary: Ordinary high schooler Yoshiharu gets pulled into a time slip to the warring states period. There he meets Nobuna Oda - not Nobunaga, Nobuna. In this world, all the famous warlords of the era are female. Nobuna recruits Sagara, who she dubs “Monkey,” to help her in her quest to rule the world.

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna info on ANN

Oda Nobuna no Yabo Light Novels Gets TV Anime

posted on 2011-11-01 22:35 EDT
Miyage Kasuga’s romantic comedy of boy transported to gender-reversed Sengoku era

Started on this today.
I was expecting something like Samurai Girls silly, but the first episode actually wasn’t too bad (if you ignore the part about not really explaining anything).

So I was racking my brain the entire episode yesterday, but for the life of me I couldn’t pin point who Oda Nobuna reminded me of… until today!

She soooo looks like Ayame from Samurai Harem (Asu no Yoichi) !

Oda Nobuna

Ayame Ikaruga

That’s funny because there’s a series of games that started back in 1983 called “Nobunaga’s Ambition”. There’s been a whole bunch of them now though, even a crossover with Pokemon that came out recently too.

Nothing to do with this anime I’m sure, but the similar title is kind of funny. I’ll have to check it out some time (along with the 50 other shows I need to get around to watching)

Actually, the title is ment to be a word play on the games name, and humorously enough, Yoshiharu (the guy who goes back in time) actually references the game several times in the first episode.

CR added 2 new promos for this.

Watched the first episode and I am really going to like this one! But Coffee God is right in that they don’t really explain much.

I would like to know how Yoshiharu ended up in the game! I hope they reveal at least that much at some point.

Episode 2 –

spoiler

I can’t believe that as much as Nobuna likes Yoshiharu, she would actually cut off his head just because of politics. But I knew he wouldn’t fail her either. He even buys more rice than she originally asked for. So, he gets to keep his head and he receives a promotion as well.

But Nobukatsu rebels anyway. And it was he who tried to stop the rice from being delivered! But neither sibling really wants to kill the other and once again Yoshiharu comes up with another brilliant plan to save the day, causing Nobukatsu to surrender. But his punishment now is to commit seppuku or die by Nobuna’s own hand.

Thankfully, Yoshiharu is able to stop her and Nobukatsu becomes her ally, changing his name in the process. And now Owari is united under Nobuna. But I wonder if Yoshiharu has changed history or if he really is in a game where it won’t really matter except perhaps for a different game ending.

The end was sweet where he swears loyalty to Nobuna and kisses her hand, promising to make her dreams come true. I really like the elements of this show and the story seems to be a good one.

Yeah, I really liked that part.

Ep. 04

All in all, this is actually a pretty good series.
Especially the action sequences (when there is one).
But I’m still rather miffed that as of four episodes, we still haven’t heard hide nor hair of why this is going on in the first place.

Ep. 05

OMG!

Hanbei is a loli!
Not only that she’s so adorable and moe it’s beyond amazingly cute!

Ep. 06

This series is actually progressing rather well.
Though I’ve kind of given up on them telling us how this came to be in the first place.

Hanbei was so awesomely cute when she was giving orders!
And that Goemon scene at the end of the battle was hilarious.

Ep. 09

They’re covering a lot of historic material is such a short time.

Why do they almost always make “evil” chicks in anime that have a masturbatory fetish with death and destruction.
Matsunaga reminds of several recent anime girls, that delight in the destruction they are causing.

Ep. 10

Really nice episode.

Nobuna has been shot!
Though with the way they put importantance emphasis on the little hand held game, I have a feeling it saved her life in some fashion or another.

Ep. 11

This series is just getting better and better!

[details=spoiler]-lol- I knew it! The game did save Nobuna’s life!
Yoshiharu gets blown to pieces by Hanzo, while the game saved Nobuna’s life, just barely.

Danjo persuades Nobuna through medecine and suggestion to take revenge on everyone who killed Yoshiharu.
So, driven by hatred, Nobuna follows a dark path of retribution.[/details]

Ep. 12

Which finishes up the series.
All in all, even with the main issue of it never being explained what happened to make the situation as it was, it actually didn’t trun out too bad.

spoiler

Of course, Yoshiharu wasn’t actually exploded, as he shows up near the end to reassure Nobuna that he will always be there for her.

That poor game!
It saved Nobuna… twice!

Looks like they set it up for a second season.
I hope that happens!

Oda Nobuna no Yabō’s 6th BD: It’s Not Over Yet

posted on 2013-03-03 00:35 EST

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

2014-08-18T05:00:00Z

Sentai Filmworks Adds The Ambition of Oda Nobuna

posted on 2014-08-18 15:00 EDT
Series streamed on Crunchyroll in 2012

YAY!

I’ve been waiting for this day to come, when TV Tokyo would allow this series to be licensed.

I guess that means TWGOK S3 isn’t too far off in the distance.
Though given the timing of this one, we probably still got about half a year to a year to go.

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna Gets English Dub

posted on 2014-08-21 16:00 EDT