Nobunaga The Fool

Nobunaga The Fool

Nobunaga-the-Fool

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, science fiction
Themes: conspiracy, historical, mecha, robots, samurai, war
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: The planets of the East and the West were once connected by the Ama-no-Hashidate. The culture that built it was destroyed countless years ago, and the two planets have had separate histories ever since. On the Western planet, ancient culture is experiencing a renaissance after a long period of war. Jeanne Kaguya D’Arc, a girl from the Western Planet, was prophesied to be the Savior of the World at her birth. With Leonard Da Vinci, she lands on the Eastern Planet, where Nobunaga “the Fool” longs for the power to change the world, as his planet is still locked in a war where many heroes vie for supremacy. When these two people meet, the culture of both worlds will be transformed.
Number of episodes: 24
Vintage: 2014-01-05
Opening Theme: “FOOL THE WORLD” by Minori Chihara
Ending Theme: “AXIS” by STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION

ANN Info Page
Official Japanese Website

Shoji Kawamori’s Nobunaga the Fool Project Gets TV Anime

posted on 2013-11-07 10:22 EST
Stage play starring Mamoru Miyano, YĹŤko Hikasa to open on December 8

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

January 24, 2014

Reading the plot summary for this I have to ask: is this the third season of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere by a different name? :wink:

Well, ep 1 does make this seem like the spiritual successor to Horizon. It was interesting enough for an ep 2 IMO. Though Crunchyroll really ought to up its video quality.

The Monkey definitely seems like a Greg Ayres role but I’m kinda concerned about the future dub of this as Sentai seems weak in the “older, mature bishounen” actors area.

BTW, I found an error in the subs.

I don’t get how people think that the Joan of Arc character in this show can so easily pass herself off as being male. She isn’t even trying to mask her voice-she sounds the same in her man disguise as she does without it. What’s up with Space Japan?

In the show, so far everyone who has seen the person on the right thinks that she is male. Also, this shows Crunchy’s definitely-not-bluray streaming quality :wink:

Nobunaga the Fool Coming to Anime Network Online

STARTING: February 5th @ 6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PST

It is debuting here on a Wednesday??

It doesn’t feel to me as though the Winter season has been going on for a month already :frowning:

They don’t always stick to the CR release days when it comes to delaycasts.
They usually spread them out throughout the 7 day week period, generally ending in a result which has no empty days (though not always).

Episode 1 (Sub) is live at ANO

I’ve been enjoying this one, but this quote from TAN makes me wonder: has it become a “big deal”; is it part of the anime “zeitgeist”?

One would assume, with this post, that it’s a Sentai favorite.

Ah, Facebook. I keep saying that I’m going to follow Sentai there as that’s where they divulge all their info but now that I’ve read some of the comments on that FB post I’ve remembered why I haven’t done it yet; watching Sakura Trick, based on one of those posts, sounds painful :huh: :cheer:

This might be the first “Horizon” where Grelle won’t be the main character. I’m not sure who I “hear” as being the MC in the (hopefully) eventual dub.

Ep.6

2 characters might be joining Nobu’s Dad in the deceased Department.

Episode 2 (Sub) is live at ANO

I think we’ve found the actor for the role of Mitsuhide: the guy who, in the legendary Guin Saga dub, uttered the famous “ah can’t do it!” line :slight_smile:

I still find it interesting that the first son of the noble family is allowed to run wild and engage in combat, while it is the second son who is kept cloistered to guarantee an heir to the title. It’s quite opposite the Primogeniture of the West.

Leonardo Da Vinci reminds me of a sane version of Zen Fudo from Aquarion EVOL, which does me a disservice as I keep hearing Brandon Potter’s voice from him when I watch the sub (which is, no surprise, kinda weaksauce).

Ep. 02

I wasn’t sure what to make of this at first, but it seems like it’ll be fun… silly, but fun.

The honorary Season 3 of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere :laugh:

Jam Project Performs Nobunaga the Fool’s 2nd Opening

posted on 2014-02-11 11:30 EST
Super group also performs Dai-3-ji Super Robot Taisen Z Jigoku-hen themes

…of course Japan decided to not air this show this week. Both American TV and anime are leaving me high and dry during these Olympics (winter olypics = morale booster for Europe).

At least this show started its hiatus with an episode that was pretty good, unlike most American shows that I follow.

Episode 3 (Sub) is live at ANO