AN Forums

The Buy Stuff Thread

Picked up over the course of this week:
Alien [Blu-ray] $9.99
Aliens [Blu-ray] $12.99
Alien 3 [Blu-ray] $12.99

So just need to find Alien: Resurrection on Blu-ray for a decent price. I know I get more extra’s with the set, but I hate the packaging for it.

I’ve been trying to be tight on money lately, so my trips to the mall have lessened. But they did hold one thing for me to get last time I was at Suncoast B) :
Hidimari Sketch (Complete first season) $28.80

I can’t wait to see it. :3

Got:
Gamera - Triple Feature Collector’s Edition - Blu-ray $12.99
Winnie the Pooh (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $19.99
Captain America: The First Avenger (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $19.99

Just a heads up I could not find it at mine, but there is a $8.00 Blu-ray cardboard bin at some Walmart stores. From what it looks like it’s all Universal stuff. Could not make out much from the picture I was sent.

**Got/ordered:
Cars 2 (Five-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy) $19.96 (from Walmart with Disney coupon)
Highlander 2 [Blu-ray] $9.99
Total Recall [Blu-ray] $5.00
The Brothers Grimm [Blu-ray] $5.00
Deathlok: The Demolisher (Marvel Knights)[Paperback] $8.00
The Punisher Vol. 3: Franken-Castle [Hardcover] $14.40
New Mutants, Vol. 2: Necrosha [Paperback] $6.63
New Mutants: Fall of the New Mutants [Hardcover] $8.91
Takio [Hardcover] $3.98 (shipping filler for the below item)

[quote]
Walmart shelf tag for Cars 2 5-disc 3D is $29.96, but it rings up $24.96 before coupon and $19.96 after coupon. Actually went to Target, but they had spiderwired their exclusive already on top of had to ask someone to get it out of the shelf since they stuffed it under the shelf making it impossible without lifting the top shelf up to get one out. After looking at the Target exclusive I decided I did not want it. Nice looking, but really had my fill of odd ball cases and the spiderwire had cracked/damaged all of the outer thin plastic cases they use on all of their exclusive cases. They did not have the normal 3D release. I also noticed Walmart is using the clear security cases that actually fit the releases with slipcovers right. So now I have something new to complain to Target corporate about. :laugh: [/quote]

[color=#008080]
Got:
Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City DVD/Blu-ray Set LiveAction $16.19[/color]

Sent this in earlier to customer service at Rightstuf. I thought I’d post here in case anyone else had ordered it.

[QUOTE]I just received Item: fun01334 [URL=“http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/FMlCF7tUfga3a4tFl5/browse/item/92644/4/0/0”]Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City DVD/Blu-ray Set LiveAction[/URL] in the mail today. The listing has it as being a (Hyb) Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles. It is however (S) Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles. Was a little disappointed no English dub ,but it’s not a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Got from Target:
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey DS $4.48
Dragon’s Lair Trilogy Wii $4.48
Blue Dragon Plus DS $4.48
Ghostbusters: The Video Game Wii $4.48
Contra 4 DS $4.48
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Wii $5.98

Target is trying to get rid of overstock they had a ton of stuff there cheap. Bioshock 2 360 was like $7.48 and NBA Jam PS3 was $13.98. Just look for the clearance rack near the videogames/electronics department.

**Came Today:
Codename: Sailor V Graphic Novel 2 (296 pgs) $6.02
Sailor Moon Graphic Novel 2 (244 pgs) $6.02
Highschool of the Dead Graphic Novel 1-4 Omnibus (704 pgs) (Hardcover) (Color) $30.59
The HSOTD Color Omnibus is huge like school text book huge. Well worth the money.

**Just ordered from Amazon:
Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Star Trek I, II, III, IV, V, VI + The Captain’s Summit Bonus Disc) [Blu-ray] $39.99

Also went and picked up a copy of:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Gold Remote Bundle $69.99

Have had it on pre-order at Amazon,but it kept switching back and forth from shipping soon to not yet shipping. Was worried about getting it before T-day or at all so just called and had them cancel it from Amazon after I made sure I got a copy local.

Ordered:
Bridesmaids (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy in Blu-ray Packaging) $9.99
The Crow [Blu-ray + Digital Copy] $4.99
American Beauty (Sapphire Series) [Blu-ray] $10.49

Got in on the lightning deal for the Crow now all I need to do is wait for Pulp Fiction Blu-ray one tonight.

Hopefully by then Amazon has Priced Matched Targets website price for Hanna.

Arrived from Amazon today:

West Side Story 50th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray + DVD Bundle]
Destroy All Monsters Remastered [DVD]

We have Amazon Prime, ordered on Saturday and arrived Monday via USPS Priority Mail. I think that everyone is ready for this year’s online shopping season.

**Should be the last batch for today:
Pulp Fiction [Blu-ray] $3.99
Dr. Strangelove [Blu-ray] $11.49
North by Northwest (50th Anniversary Edition in Blu-ray Book Packaging) [Blu-ray] $13.99 **

Decided on picking up some older movies for free shipping I’ve not seen in a while instead of newer stuff.

Picked up recently:
Alf Season Two
Pinky and The Brain Volume 1
It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
Smurfs Holiday Celebration
Happiness Is… Peanuts: Snow Days
Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tales
Destroy All Monsters
Robot Chicken Season 5 Blu Ray
Highschool Of The Dead Volume 4 Manga
Hero Tales Volume 5 maga
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Christmas With The Chipmunks

**Got today:
Super 8 (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $14.99
Scooby-Doo 1 & 2 Collection (Family Double Feature) [Blu-ray] $9.99

Pre-Ordered:
Lady and the Tramp (Three-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) $19.99** (after $10.00 amazon coupon. Could go lower since still the chance they will price match someone on release week.)

Decided after some thought to cancel the Jurassic Park set. I liked the movies,but don’t care to own them. Plus spent a little more then I wanted to these last two days and it was the least wanted item so that was another factor.

Order off Right Stuf’s Black Friday deals:

**Angel Beats! DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Kampfer DVD Complete Collection (S)
And for Grins & Fond Memories:

Tenchi Muyo: Universe TV Series DVD 1 (Hyb)
Tenchi Muyo: Universe TV Series DVD 2 (Hyb)

Mark Gosdin

Sailor Moon Volume 2 Manga
Codename: Sailor V Volume 2 Manga
The Captains
Star Wars: Old Republic: Revean

Still In Box:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Red State

My BF haul for today:
Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Console Bundle $199.00
Batman: Arkham City Xbox 360 $28.00
Red Riding Hood (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $10.00

Glad I decided to go right to Walmart after I got done at Sams Club. Some guy was going around buying up all the copies of the $28.00 games Walmart had. Walmart had no buying limit per customer this year.

Was thinking about getting one of the 51 inch Samsung Plasma’s ,but the person that was supposed to ride with never woke up so have to go back and see if Sams Club still has one.

I only had one Target for this year’s Black Friday… That was the Target where I finally got myself a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V smartphone for $49.99.

Just dropped $195 on a digital camera. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10 was what I decided on. Got it almost specifically for events at the Joe Louis, but I am long overdue for a digital camera purchase anyways I suppose.

Got today:
Ferals #3
Justice League International #7 (DC has ruined this book. I don’t want to read Batwing or OMAC or own crappy books then why should be forced feed them in this. Give us JLI we want with fire, ice, vixen, booster, guy not them)
New issue of Vampirella vs Dracula, Animal Man, Static Shock, Detective Comics, IZombie, Huntress, Scooby Doo, Doctor Who Classic, I2: TMNT, and more.

Shipped:
Battle Royale Blu-ray Complete Collection

**Came Today:

Box 1:
Pulp Fiction [Blu-ray] $3.99
Dr. Strangelove [Blu-ray] $11.49
North by Northwest (50th Anniversary Edition in Blu-ray Book Packaging) [Blu-ray] $13.99

Box 2:
Bridesmaids (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy in Blu-ray Packaging) $9.99
The Crow [Blu-ray + Digital Copy] $4.99
American Beauty (Sapphire Series) [Blu-ray] $10.49
Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Star Trek I, II, III, IV, V, VI + The Captain’s Summit Bonus Disc) [Blu-ray] $39.99
Uncanny X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga Book 1 $15.50

Box 3:
Hanna [Blu-ray] $11.49
Jackie Brown [Blu-ray] $8.99
Princess Bride [Blu-ray] $4.99

Mail person did not seem to amused. Probably did not help the first box came in a big box like the second one. Not sure why they shipped them in such a large box maybe the Blu-ray books have been easily broken during shipping or something.

Star Trek movie set has me wondering where to find Blu-ray thinpaks at now and why they are not used more often.