AN Forums

The Buy Stuff Thread

Doctor Who Lost In Time Collection
Doctor Who War Games
Doctor Who Five Doctors
Doctor Who Timelash
Gettysburg

Paid off the last on Mass Effect 3 pre order.

On wednesday:
Gantz 2: Perfect Answer 3-Disc Set Blu-ray

Plus new issues of Batgirl, Batwoman, Superboy, Demon Knights, Huntress, Mister Terrific, Snake Eyes, Next Men, Captain America, Deadpool, Powers, Wolverine and X-Men, Peanuts, Ferals, Lady Death, and more.

yesterday afternoon i finally received my final fantasy IV/ chrono trigger and my new copy of final fantasy IX!! :smiley:

[quote=“psychopuppet” post=105950]Got or ordered this week so far:
Daria: The Complete Animated Series $24.99
Doctor Zhivago Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray Book Packaging)$9.49
Drive (+ UltraViolet Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] $19.96
To Kill a Mockingbird 50th Anniversary Edition Collector’s Series [Blu-ray Book + DVD + Digital Copy] $21.96

I know Daria does not have the music but at least unlike some studios they let you know it’s gone and explain it was the reason the set took so long to release. If they kept trying to get the rights we’d never seen the set.

.[/quote]

That’s a great price for Daria. I think I paid $40 something even with my employee discount at the time. The missing music was a disappointment but at least Paramount was up front about it. The show is just as good without it though.

[quote=“dragonrider_cody” post=106562]

Daria: The Complete Animated Series $24.99
Doctor Zhivago Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray Book Packaging)$9.49
Drive (+ UltraViolet Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] $19.96
To Kill a Mockingbird 50th Anniversary Edition Collector’s Series [Blu-ray Book + DVD + Digital Copy] $21.96

I know Daria does not have the music but at least unlike some studios they let you know it’s gone and explain it was the reason the set took so long to release. If they kept trying to get the rights we’d never seen the set.

That’s a great price for Daria. I think I paid $40 something even with my employee discount at the time. The missing music was a disappointment but at least Paramount was up front about it. The show is just as good without it though.[/quote]

Been putting it off for a while but I promised when it at least went to $30.00 I’d pick it up.
I actually got it in the mail yesterday. Oddly the plastic that holds the cover in place is all wrinkled up. I’ve had it happen to a few anime releases to. Thinking it’s the shrinkwrap process and something in certain plastics reacting with it. Still nice looking set. Though the hinge for the disc trays pop out of the slot every time I flip the pages. Music wise I always find it weird the only studio that appears to be able to release the majority of the shows with Music intact is Universal. Though I’ve also noticed a lot of the effected shows are from the late 90’s. I think around that time artist and companies were getting more strict with rights. I’m just happy to own Daria finally. It was part of my late teens and early 20’s.

Well Universal, is or was, related to one of the world’s major music labels. If I remember correctly, the majority of the music they used through the 80’s, 90’s, and early 2000’s was from their own labels. It probably makes licensing much easier and cheaper. That’s actually why CBS restarted their own record label a few years back.

Picked up Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition for $60 at Best Buy. This is an awesome CE too!

Universal Music Group, spun off on its own when Comcra… er, Comcast bought NBCUniversal. Universal Music Group used to be known as MCA.

BTW, I just received a Logitech Revue today. Got it at Computer Geeks for $99.99 (with free shipping!) It works just perfectly for watching the Anime Network Online Player on my living room HDTV!

[quote=“Newshawk” post=106750]

Universal Music Group, spun off on its own when Comcra… er, Comcast bought NBCUniversal. Universal Music Group used to be known as MCA.

BTW, I just received a Logitech Revue today. Got it at Computer Geeks for $99.99 (with free shipping!) It works just perfectly for watching the Anime Network Online Player on my living room HDTV![/quote]

Yeah I was pretty sure they had spun it off but the two were linked for decades so Unversal had easy access to music for a long time.

Doctor Who: The Android Invasion
Scott Pilgrim Volume 2
Star Wars: Dawn Of Jedi #1
Glory 23
Army Of Darkness #1
Infestation 2: Transformers #2
Infestation 2: Dungeon and Dragons #1
Plus new issue of Batman, Catwoman, Fables, LOSH, Supergirl, Young Justice, Ghostbusters, Godzilla, Star Trek/LOSH, Witchblade, X-Factor, Iron Man, Dark Tower, Thunderbolts, Winter Soldier, Gold Digger, Life With Archie, Ninja vs Zombies, Sonic Universe, Vampirella, Warehouse 13, and more.

Got on 22:
The Guild Season 5
New issue of Doctor Who Magazine, several Star War comics, TMNT, Dungeon and Dragons, Uncanny X-Force, American Vampire, Aquaman, Blackhawks, Firestorm, JL Dark, Green Lantern: NG, Ray, Savage Hawkman, Teen Titans, Cobra, Danger Girl, Avengers Academy and Solo, Fantastic Four, X-Men Legacy, Thor, Incorruptible, Last Zombie, Red Sonjay, and more.

I’m a bit of an idiot as I forget to mention that my Matty’s collectors Voltron collector’s club Red Lion and Lance figure came today. Looks awesome but I haven’t taken out of the packing yet. Probably will wait till all 5 come and can display it together combine into voltron.

Recently bought the FFXIII-2 Collector’s Edition Guide for $21 from Amazon.
Also picked up Square-Enix’s Play Arts KAI FFXIII-2 Lightning figure. Awesome figure and also my first.

Mmm, that new sock smell. That tantilizing sound of the plastic tearing, releasing a choir of heavenly footwear… Count 'em, new socks. And a Reese’s Chocolate Bunny.

That’s a dangerous combination. Keeps your socks away from the chocolate at all costs.

I really hope that fillet is the super stubborn kind. The kind that will now smear his socks with the chocolate just because you said not to.

I was thinking about putting the Bunny in the sock, and calling it my Lucky Rabbit’s Foot.

YOU FOOL, THAT WILL NEVER WASH OUT.

Then again, neither will your luck. Tough choice.

It’s the chance one takes while flavoring socks.

Good threads to be found!

Coming soon: plane ticket.

Doctor Who: 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver
CZW, Dragon Gate, PWG, Shimmer, WSU dvds.
GI Joe Real American Hero 2012 Annual
Archie and Friends Double Digest 13
Ray 2 (missed this one)
King Conan: The Phoenix On The Sword 2
Usagi Yojimbo 144
Hack/Slash 13
Voltron 3
Lord Of The Jungle 2
Bionic Man 7
A Game Of Thorns 6
Green Horney 23
Hellraiser 11
Robocop: Road Trip 3
Moon Knight 10
Batman Beyond Unlimited 1
Justice League 6
GI Joe Retraliation Prequel 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro Series 3: Donatello
Magic The Gathering 2
Infestation 2: Team Up
Angel and Faith 7
Invincible 89
Grim Fairy Tales: Myths and Legends 13
Loony Tunes 205
Tiny Titans 49
Sonic The Hedghog 234
FF 15
The Twelve 10
Six Guns 5
Batman Odysessy 5
Legion Secret Origin 5
Shade 5
Uncharted 4
Unwritten 34.5
The new previews
Nam Volume 1
Captain Action Complete Adventures
Quasar Classic Volume 1
Power Girl: Old Friends
Zombie Warriors
Art Of Mass Effect Universe (perfect timing to get this with me getting ME3 on tuesday. :))

Ordered:
Austin Powers Collection [Blu-ray] $16.99
Tom & Jerry Golden Collection: Volume One [Blu-ray] $17.99

Got:
Donnie Darko (10th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] $9.96
Underworld Trilogy (Underworld / Underworld: Evolution / Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) (+ UselessViolet Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] $17.99

Moviestop has some decent deals going on right now. Got Underworld from there. Could have waited for the 4 movie set in May but I’d rather just get the newest movie by itself.