The Buy Stuff Thread

Got Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction for my spanking new PS3 Slim (though I got that last week–didn’t open it until I got a game). So far it’s the only game for my PS3 library because I’m a cheapo bastard.

Got it for $20 used at Bull Moose Music. It was either that or inFamous for $55 new, but ^.

Picked up a Powercolor 4870 1GB with free S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game from Newegg for $145. Felt like I needed an upgrade from my 3870. xD
Should be delivered on Tuesday. =]

Bought two pounds of shrimp, for fish bait. White trout were on it this evening! As were the mosquitoes.

I bought 1 dozen doughnuts for 6.00 dollars

Got these while I was out today:
Tales From the Cryptkeeper: Pleasant Screams: The Complete First Season $6.88
Tales From the Cryptkeeper: The Complete Second Season $6.88
Transformers G1 - Season 2, Part 1: 25th Anniversary Edition $18.88’
Scribblenauts DS $29.99

Picking up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Wet tomorrow. If you have a PS3 and the game we should team up!

I bought around $300 worth of cloths from Express. I can’t resist those damn sale signs… arrgghhhh!

Muramasa: The Demon Blade $34.99

Battlestar Galactica Season 3
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

First one I’m intensely excited about, the latter we’ll see…

Bought a ton more Halloween decorations, so I should be done for now.

Pooh’s Hephalump Movie (just wanted the cute plushy)

Lovely Complex, Vol. 6
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 6 <3

Mystic knows heartbreak no more.

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies - 2-Disc Digital Copy Special Edition $15.99

Torchwood Season 2 Bluray (Now I have all three seasons of Captain Jack in high def!!!)

Rahxephon Complete Collection

Labyrinth Bluray (YES!!!)

What the heck why not.
Recently got in recent weeks:
Got with and share with my nephew Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum. Both for X-Box 360.
Mosters vs Aliens
Fire JLI Action Figure
Blue Demon and Creeper from History Of DC figure line
Snoopy Christmas Muscial Piano from Hallmark
Though not sure it goes her but bought my sister the most recent James Patterson book for her birthday.
He-Man And Masters Of Universe Complete Collection (Most recent series)

Ordered/pre-ordered:
Deadman Wonderland Graphic Novel 1 (215 pgs) $7.42
JUNK Record of the Last Hero Graphic Novel Set (1-7) $29.99

psychopuppet wrote:

Where’d you get Muramasa so cheap? I got a copy for $44.97, and I thought I’d gotten a good deal.

Anyway, got Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (PS3) for $30.98 off http://www.newegg.com/. Fast shipping, good pricing, I’ll probably order from them again.

Hentai wrote:

[quote]psychopuppet wrote:

Where’d you get Muramasa so cheap? I got a copy for $44.97, and I thought I’d gotten a good deal.

Anyway, got Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (PS3) for $30.98 off http://www.newegg.com/. Fast shipping, good pricing, I’ll probably order from them again.[/quote]

When I bought Scribblenauts they gave me a $15.00 gift card for free so I only paid $34.99 once I took that off.

Star Trek The Next Generation Film Collection-Bluray

**Hentai wrote:**Anyway, got Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (PS3) for $30.98 off http://www.newegg.com/. Fast shipping, good pricing, I’ll probably order from them again.

I’ve been shopping newegg for a few years now, and I’ve gotten nothing but good results from them (as far as the service itself goes). Everything has come in perfect condition, and always within 2-3 days. Only once has it come later than that, and that was a weird situation to begin with that was partly my fault anyway.

I’ve been honestly thinking about buying a PS3 instead of a 360, how’re you liking your’s so far?

So far it’s been great. I’ve only got two games right now (Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction). Definitely going to get inFamous, Batman: AA, and Uncharted 2 when the time comes, and when it does, I think that those games plus Blu Ray movie capabilities will have already made the $300 price tag worth it.

The PS3 is a great console, hands down, but the 360 is great as well, so I couldn’t really tell you which is better. I know that the only games which really interest me for the PS3 so far have been single player, so for me the 360 is more of a social console. If you’re into online play I’ve heard that XBL is better than PSN, but that’s most likely bullocks from 360 fans compensating for having to pay for the service. Regardless, the only game I played online for the 360 when I had XBL was Left 4 Dead (not on the PS3), and I had a blast. Haven’t yet been able to try PSN since my side of the dorm doesn’t get wireless.