The Garden of Sinners / Kara no Kyoukai

I did a spit take when i saw the price.

Pfft!
What the hell is Aniplex smoking?!

Time wise, that’s the equivalent of a 20 episode series, and even for BD here, that price is like almost 6x more than a dubbed BD from Sentai.

RightStuf Link:
Garden of Sinners Complete Blu-ray Box (S) (Import)

Looking at the listing, it’s more like a 26 episode series, but still… I stand by my questioning statement.

These prices have me worried about if no one license Bakemonogatari soon. What will the price of it be if Aniplex decides to release it them selves?

This makes Bandai Visual USA’s price schemes look like a good deal and we all know how that ended up.

Maybe some price and willing to pay research on their part is needed.

Though I guess they are offering this as not a US release ,but a Japanese import as reasoning for the price.

It’s basically an import without having to pay for international shipping, and that’s probably Aniplex’s idea - but only they most hardcore fans will pay for that. As usual, the Japanese don’t understand the Western anime market.

Well, you don’t have to worry about that. Kodansha has the rights to that one. Though last I heard, the prospects of someone paying the price they wanted was slim, so a release might still be a while off.

Yeah, I complain about R1 releases often being too cheap for the tiny subset of the home video market they occupy, but this is a bit ridiculous. I would have considered it at half the price $150-$200, but $400 is too much, even for me. Sorry Aniplex.

I don’t know what they’re thinking either. NIS America had better packaging and was cheaper by 9x for its DVD releases. I’d almost consider it for half price too but there’s too many R1 releaases that I could get for the same price as 1 KnK even at 1/2 price. Also any gorgeous steelbooks that happen to cross my path. In the long run it’s not that special.

They need to sell the films individually at a cheaper price. Adding a dub would be good too. Gundam Unicorn did this type of release properly.

Aniplex USA Delays The Garden of Sinners DVD Box

posted on 2012-11-08 11:04 EST

Aniplex USA Adds Garden of Sinners Epilogue

posted on 2015-02-14 15:30 EST

Garden of sinners -recalled out summer- Trailer Streamed

posted on 2015-02-14 16:40 EST

ANN Review: The Garden of Sinners Sub. Blu-Ray - recalled out summer [Limited Edition]

by Gabriella Ekens, May 12th 2015

Aniplex of America Prepares to Launch Pre-Orders for “the Garden of sinners” Blu-ray Disc Box Standard Edition Import

August 16, 2015 11:40am CDT
Pre-orders Launch Monday ahead of November release

mmmm…nah… :unamused:

The Garden of Sinners - Shiki Ryougi 1/7 Scale figure

The Garden of Sinners Trailer

Anime Strike Streams “The Garden Of Sinners” Anime Movies

September 13, 2017 1:06pm CDT
Produced by ufotable, The Garden of Sinners series includes seven films, one bonus movie epilogue, and two side story films

Review: The Garden of Sinners Movies+OVAs 1-10 Streaming

by Theron Martin, Oct 24th 2017

Why The Garden of Sinners is a Modern Classic

by Gabriella Ekens, Oct 27th 2017

Ufotable Announces “Kara no Kyoukai” 10th Anniversary Bash

November 25, 2017 5:35pm CST
The “Garden of Sinners” film series returns to Japanese theaters, accompanied by tons of new merch and – yep – a collab café.

Crunchyroll Adds “The Garden of Sinners” Anime Film Series

February 13, 2018 8:14pm CST
All 10 movies are now available to stream in the Americas

Aniplex of America Announces the Garden of sinners Blu-ray Disc Box

Jul 6th 2018

The Garden of Sinners Blu ray Collection Unboxing