The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior / Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Episode 3 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 4 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 5 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 8 –

spoiler

Usa starts his first day at the student houseboy café. His fellow co-workers are a bit odd to say the least, but they are really in to their historic parts, making them all the more weird.

Back at home, Usa gets a call from Tagami, inviting him on a group date. It looks like Usa’s past is coming back to haunt him! LOL But once the girl realizes that it was Usa that was invited, she doesn’t want him to go. Not that he would have gone anyway. Unfortunately, the group date ends up at Usa’s café.

Sumiko decides to visit Usa at work and takes everyone with her. She even has Ritsu dress up in a costume for the occasion. Meanwhile, Usa is trying to deal with seeing his old classmate, Hayashi again, but she doesn’t want to know him. The girl has changed and knowing Usa wouldn’t fit in with her new image, so she ignores him.

Usa doesn’t want to wait on them, but gets stuck doing so. It’s the wrong time for Sumiko to show up with the others. Usa is insulted over and over, especially when Hayashi reveals that he was called “Freak Show” in school. Mayumi and Sayaka overhear the group and wonder why Usa doesn’t say something. But it’s Ritsu that comes to his rescue. Of course this is the cause for more teasing.

After seeing that, Mayumi and Sayaka help Usa out a little bit as well. He’s going to have quite the reputation after this! LOL Now that he’s rescued, Usa can admire Ritsu in her costume, but she’s already left. Usa is devastated! But he’s also very happy for what Ritsu did and he can actually say that he’s in love with her. Meanwhile, Ritsu has fled the café in embarrassment, poor girl.

For all his hard work, Usa gets a treat for dinner, and he gets to sit next to Ritsu, thanks to Sumiko. He’s very happy until Ritsu asks him about the books she loaned to him. But she only makes a suggestion of what he should start reading first. In her own way, Ritsu is trying to cheer Usa up as well, and that makes him happier than anything else. But of course Mayumi has to have the last word!

Episode 6 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 7 (Sub) is live at ANO

Why does every recent show have some weirdo in it named Shiro(e)?

Log Horizon, Shiroe, the Villain in Glasses
NGNL, Shiro, the genius child (ok yeah her name makes part of BLANK)

both about games…

Pet Girl of…, Mashiro genius artist
Kawai Complex, Shiro, genius everything, but complete freak fit for Freak Show to be around.

both about apartment complexes…

so is everyone named Shiro a closet/open pervert that is a genius at something?

why must some Shiro’s be loveable, then the others be someone you want to hate (Kawai Complex Shiro)? Is this the year of Shiro’s? :blink:

Why didn’t they name him something else in this so all Shiro’s would be likeable!

Episode 8 (Sub) is live at ANO

Was Shiro in Deadman Wonderland all that likeable? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about this show: it’s well animated and funny (it could be the next Horizon or Maria Holic when dubbed) but Crunchy’s fast-'n-loose subs are shorting me on the show and, while he’s better than most, I’m still not a huge fan of this type of wimpy, reserved “straight man” type of lead character.

Maybe that is what he lacks. He isn’t calling anyone his human toilet. he just seems too flat a character.

not really sure i remember much about DW. I saw Anemone from Eureka 7 and was playing LoL most of the time it aired. those others at the same time were just not very interesting enough to watch either.

If Shiro had a bit more… well anything then i might could like he. is he Jiraya and doing pervy research for his own pervy novel? At least Rit-chan has some character growth and interest, but she is like the whole point of the show, and the old hags are easy comic relief. and granny brings order to the chaos, but shiro i feel only exists to have a reason to be a “boys side” to the whole place so Usa has a way into the apartment.

just everything about shiro seems so forced. he seems more like set dressing than a real character.

7th Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior DVD/BD Includes Unaired Episode

posted on 2014-06-30 15:30 EDT
Sentai Filmworks licensed the series for North America

Episode 9 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 10 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 11 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 12 :end: (Sub) is live at ANO

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Wow that is miles better than the NOT FINAL art they had. Love it! This would sell the show.

@ AX 2015

Q: News on Season 2 of Kawaii Complex?
A: No news on that

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/132219516637

Q. When can i buy The Kawai Complex on blu-ray? all you have is DVD. I need them pixels sentai!

A. Not sure when the Blu-ray will be released, but I do know that one WILL be released. A few people have asked about whether or not it would happen for Kawai, and I’m fairly certain that a Blu-ray version is in the works as I type. Thanks!

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

Blu-ray